Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Dell to Recall 4.1M Laptop Batteries
    Just heard it on MSNBC

Dell to Recall 4.1M Laptop Batteries

Batt produced by Sony. Some other brands included are HP, Lenovo, etc
    Check your laptop eventhough it might not be dell's notebook
    http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...814&ID=5946622

Looks like a good day to short dell stock huh

If you have one of these batteries I would send it back just for the sake of getting a newer battery. I hate dell (long story)
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I have a dell inspiron laptop but my battery is not in the recall list...I guess that's a good thing.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

where did you see a list
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

We have been getting calls about this all day .... some people even sware they got their laptops from us .... ummm ... we have never sold laptops
    KK

From what our IT told us via email, it is the Dell Latitude D600, just to name one but if it is a sony batt, check it out.

Kristin, is there a list on ur website.?

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Kristin, is there a list on ur website.?
    Here's the link

https://dellbatteryprogram.com/
    KK

i'm currently shopping (slowly) for a new desktop. i'm leaning towards hp/compaq because i love my compaq laptop. i've had 3 dell desktops in the past with bad luck (but it did not blow up or catch on fire!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zdig
    i'm currently shopping (slowly) for a new desktop. i'm leaning towards hp/compaq because i love my compaq laptop. i've had 3 dell desktops in the past with bad luck (but it did not blow up or catch on fire!)
    My HP 17 inch pavilion overheated and fried the video card.

i would think that there are always random problems with everything. I ahve a dell PC and it;s kicking. I have it since 2002 but I have max out it's performace then and it is still holding up good.

I used to buy dell PC for my dept @ the university. We bought like 100-200 units each year. Failure rate was low for PC.

My friend bought a Dell 600m when it first came out. Dell techs came out to fix his new notebook like 5-6 times and the only thing that they did not change is the keyboard, case and LCD. Everything was changed. He managed to get a new replacement after they were unable to fix it. he sold the new one immediately.

My Dell notebook is a POS. Had hardware problem since i took it out of the box. Sent it back for warranty repair but still problems + problems. Besides that HD crashed twice.
    Last edited by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe; August 15th, 2006 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typo

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    I love my Dell inspiron I use it as my MAIN computer bought it 14 months ago when I was in Real Estate it traveled alot then. It hasn't traveled alot in the last 4 months but still. I checked the list one of my batteries is going to be traded in. Cool it was the one I have used almost continously for the last 14 months and Now I get a fresh new one such a great deal. The list is here BTW https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/Default.aspx
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

after spending some time shopping dell.com and hpshopping.com - dell seems to have the better value in desktops, yet hp has the better value for notebooks IMO. maybe i'll end up getting a dell desktop after all. (plus i have some old dell towers laying around that may prove useful for parts, memory upgrades, etc..) anyone have a suggestion? a favorite computer?

after spending some time shopping dell.com and hpshopping.com - dell seems to have the better value in desktops, yet hp has the better value for notebooks IMO. maybe i'll end up getting a dell desktop after all. (plus i have some old dell towers laying around that may prove useful for parts, memory upgrades, etc..) anyone have a suggestion? a favorite computer?
    my suggestion:

Wait till later today or tomorrow.
    When they are going to do their QTR announcement, they usually slash prices to meet their goals or make their book look nice.

HP should be annnouncing today or tomorrow. Dell, the following day.

Look for some crazy deals.

Suggestion for desktop, either get a AM2 if you are into performance and willing to pay, if not, the Athlon64 works well and they are cheap.
    Dell E310 Intel Dual Core. If you are lucky, you can get a full config setup for <$500 including 19' LCD

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    my suggestion:

Suggestion for desktop, either get a AM2 if you are into performance and willing to pay, if not, the Athlon64 works well and they are cheap.
    Dell E310 Intel Dual Core. If you are lucky, you can get a full config setup for <$500 including 19' LCD
    Hmm the Intel Core 2 Duo beats the AM2 sadly but true. Intels latest lower end processor offerings when overclocked beat AMD's Fx processors that cost a lot more....a dissapointment for me have been an AMD fan for the last few years of my life.....

But if you really want a decent config anybody please feel free to PM me I just love giving tech advise. I would help you build a machine of your own you will get the best rig and you will also save a lot of money

Boom!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by clyderose

But if you really want a decent config anybody please feel free to PM me I just love giving tech advise. I would help you build a machine of your own you will get the best rig and you will also save a lot of money

Boom!
    thanks for the offer! ...but i had a really bad experience years back when i had a friend of mine build a computer for me. even if the hp/dell types cost a bit more, they seem to be more reliable than homemade versions. i am not a techie type, so what may seem like easy fixes to some people are serious headaches for me!

i'm not planning to buy for a couple weeks at least, so i'll keep my eye out for deals. i already have a nice lcd, keyboard, etc... all i need is the tower and i'm good to go.

zdig,
    I think that you will find a dell PC cheaper (as opposed to building) as they push a lot of volume and they get price breaks from Intel and MoBo company. I know of a computer superstore who did a lot of ecomm biz but bought dell PC and sold it locally cos of the margin in them.

Dell also loads their computers with a bunch of free trial software etc... from companies such as AOL, which they are compensated for and helps bring down the price.

That is why i format the HD after getting the PC. Lots of non essential software which I will never use. Like AOL dialup and 2 other dial up companies

ok, i was just browsing dell.com... can you buy a tower from them without buying the whole monitor, keyboard, etc... package?? they either don't sell towers separately, or they make it hard to figure out how to do that. can anyone point me to a link on dell.com where i can compare/order dell tower/desktop computers without all the other junk?

i guess you cannot opt to not have a monitor now in Home & Office but if you go to small business, you can customize w/o monitor.

If you buy via Small Biz, I think you can get a % back if you are an affiliate. Home Office, you cannnot for new aff or is it one way or the other. Check FatWallet, it will tell you straight out. There is an affiliate that is grandfathered into get commission either way, digdigdeal.com (they changed their name last year). There you should be able to get commission if Fatwallet does not. All the best..
    p.s. go on ebay to buy coupons for $5. Usually like $30 or $50 off coupons for 5bucks

ahhh have to shop in small business. got it.

that is confusing for the average person who just wants to buy a computer without a monitor. are you listening dell?

that is confusing for the average person who just wants to buy a computer without a monitor. are you listening dell?
    Nobody is home, they are too busy putting out the battery recall issue. Usually they have deals sprouting up left and right b4 the QTR ends. recall is killing the deals

@ zdig....im not going to buid it for u.....im gonna teach u how to build it.....trust me theres nothing to it
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by clyderose
    @ zdig....im not going to buid it for u.....im gonna teach u how to build it.....trust me theres nothing to it
    thanks for the offer, but i really don't have the patience for that. i'd much rather pay a little extra and have it professionally assembled by a company like Dell. i actually know how to do most of that stuff, and it always drives me nuts!

Well, guess who got a defective battery with their new Dell laptop in January. Yep, me. Mine is one of the numbers on the list at Dell.

Good news is that I use my battery all day, all week and only plug in to recharge, so I'm sure my run time was getting less and less. Sure is nice of Dell to send me a brand new $100ish battery when I needed it. Gee, something went right today.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast