Talking Subject: Notice of program termination
    Dear Affiliate,
    We would like to thank you for your participation in the Noxity affiliate program. Due to a lack of traffic and lack of sales we are ending our affiliate program. Please remove any links and content that you have on your site.
    Best Regards
    Noxity
    My Answer.
    Sorry! Does it cost you anything to be listed on a site?
    Answer Back.
    Yes. We pay a monthly plus a per affiliate fee.
    I didn't know that the networks get a monthly fee plus a fee for each affiliate!
    Do they also get a piece of the commission? If so we are all in the wrong business! This is got to be a joke!

I got an email from this merchant too.

I thought merchants don't pay a *per-affiliate* fee when they are in a network.

This is something strange.

And since i'm new to affiliate mareketing I wanted to try out a few merchants and have applied to several and got approved.

Now I feel guilty that I don't have the time to add their links, if they are paying to approve me.

I will add their links eventually, when I get time but if I knew that they have to pay per affiliate then I would not have signed up until I was ready to add their links.
    Last edited by best123; August 14th, 2006 at 09:59 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Moving this to the SAS forum.

I received the same e-mail

I often scan my POP3 webmail on the web prior to downloading the messages and at first I thought it was spam (but I checked anyway )

I could have used some of their items in one of my sites but I wasn't in a rush to feature Noxity yet -- merchants need to wait a bit or at least merchants should send an encouraging e-mail prior to cutting the affiliate off.

I have a feeling that Noxity isn't one of the leading affiliate programs
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I sent Brian (noxity) the link I know he was merging noxity into txshirts or some other entity. As for the commission costs I also know he's doing something with Amazon.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I sent Brian (noxity) the link I know he was merging noxity into txshirts or some other entity. As for the commission costs I also know he's doing something with Amazon.
    Well, that's good to know because when I saw your post come after mine in lightning speed my heart skipped a beat fearing I had said something wrong (again)
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    No Merchants that I know of on any network that I have worked on pay a "per affiliate" fee, the cost structures vary from network to network but I've never heard of a "per affiliate fee"

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Whatever his reason for leaving....I think it was classy to send an email to the affiliates. I wish the rest of them would do the same.

Batteries.com has never paid a per affiliate fee to any of the 3 networks we have been on. At best, we were charged for each email newsletter we sent out (that was per affiliate), but not at SAS
    KK

Thank you, this clarifies things a bit for me.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't pay any per-affiliate fee to SAS, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxity's email
    Due to a lack of traffic and lack of sales we are ending our affiliate program.
    Sounds like they had unrealistic expectations. How long had they been live?

Also, since I don't remember seeing that name before this thread (except maybe once in passing), I'd guess that they didn't do much to let affs know they exist.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    We have 9 SAS programs and never heard of any per affiliate fees on SAS. In fact, we never heard of per affiliate fees on CJ, LS or KB when we ran programs there.

Sounds like they needed basic affiliate marketing 101 education on how to run a program.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Sounds like they needed basic affiliate marketing 101 education on how to run a program.
    It may not be too late to invite them to AMC III, Andy! Just shoot them a link to this thread and a fee offer they won't be able to refuse...

Geno

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread