Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Hi @ all,

Looking to create a new site but don't know what should it be all about...Any ideas please ? investment is around 200$

Any idea on what kind of website would do good ?

Regards
    TGO

I think you should spend the 200 on a decent camera then go around and take pictures of whatever and sell your pictures to people looking to use them on the web.

ABW Ambassador
    No..No..No...
    I'm looking for a serious answer...Now if i put in humor..I would end up getting 20 plus repkies without a single one giving me any suggestion...

Regards
    TGO

Heyder - I already do have a WebCam [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe pictures and other tourist attraction information for Bombay. Articles, history, etc.
    A few ads from travel agency affiliate programs and the like. Maybe even tie it in with your pimping, no,
    I mean matchmaking service. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Finally....the ROCK....has returned.....
    .....................to BOMBAY!!!!!!!!!!!
    :cool:

(maybe somebody could compose a smiley face with "the people's eyebrow"?)

:cool:

[ 04-20-2002: Message edited by: Deelz ]

Heyder's idea isn't a bad one actually.. I have ONE photo of a chapel in Cornwall (just as a sample photo) and people come specifically just for that.

I think the site about Bombay is a great one! Not sure if it has been done for your area already but take a look at:

galveston.com

This site started off very small and has really grown.

You could have restaurant info, nightlife, places to see and go. Make it a kind of local portal. Then you might be able to charge for a business listing, etc..

And the camera idea is also very good! There might be lots of people who would like a good photo from your area.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Vicki -

nice to know that somebody else likes one of my ideas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

TGO -

I know I tend to digress to a silly comment here and there, but I was serious about the tourist info angle. A site like that would be a tremendous resource for somebody who is planning a trip to the area. Strong word-of-mouth potential as well. Just be sure that the affiliate links are directly relevant and good $$$ payout. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Jee ! thanks

I have the info relating to mumbai...loads of it...Nothing in affiliate links..would have to research a bit however...

Well heyder's idea isn't bad yeppers...but wait a minute...u see if i click pics of females....I would run out of business cos I would be clicking and clicking and clicking...and would never stop [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards
    TGO

ABW Ambassador
    Jee..Oops...The people's eyebrow eh ?

lol...Deelz..You come out here...You try and imitate the rock, well the rock says this...he hopes ur not busy later on tonight...cos the rock plans to (You know what's ahead)

Regards
    TGO

ABW Ambassador
    "Sri Rock"? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    He's my buddy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Deelz - lol...

How many different varities of people are u buds with ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Regards
    TGO

ABW Ambassador
    not enough. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    "No man is an Island"

!!sorry I didn't realize that smiley was going to stick his tongue out like that!!!

PS-I'm be spending the next few days scouring directories for affiliate programs for a new site I'm working on (completely different from anything I've ever done, so none of the programs I'm already using are going to "fit") - I'll keep an eye out for anything travel or traveller-related and I'll pass the info on to you if I see anything.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]a clarification: The new site I'm working on is a humor site. A little bit of vulgar language so I won't divulge the url on this board.
    If anybody can offer any suggestions for affiliate programs I can use on this type of site I'd appreciate it. PM me with your affiliate link so you'll get referral credit if I decide to join.
    Sorry TGO I stole a bit of your thread here
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: Deelz ]

ABW Ambassador
    Deelz - You gotta get an award for the most interactive member.... :eek:

Regards
    TGO

Btw - don't you have a taste among girls ?
    :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    TGO - Can't answer your "btw" question onscreen (my wife would freak out!!)
    But there was a reference in a PM I sent to you about something else a few minutes ago that may give you a clue. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

BOTH EYEBROWS AT ONCE!!! - No folks, it was not an inquiry about his, uhm, "matchmaking"
    service. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the pm...btw i send u one a little while ago...have u got that one yet ? And i'll reply to this one...

Your wife would take a baseball bat and have u as the ball :eek:

Regards
    TGO

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah - I smell what she's cookin' :eek:
    Watch out ROCK! :cool:

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah she is planning to cook DAVID...cos she figures that he is talking a lot these days [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The Rock better watch out...

Besides anymore ideas ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm hungry for ideas

Regards
    TGO

I didn't say take pictures of women. I said take pictures of things. You could buy a good camera and go visit you local parks take cool pictures of animals, nature, scenery, people, buildings, temples, ruins, funny things, churches, cities and towns.

Get a collection of pictures together and offer them forsale to people looking for content for their postcard sites and stuff like that.

ABW Ambassador
    oh okies heyder

Got ya

Regards
    TGO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Get a collection of pictures together and offer them forsale to people looking for content for their postcard sites and stuff like that<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thought Heyder, or he could give the pictures away free and the hook could be that the site would be photo related, selling things as an affiliate for camera and photo supplies, posters, scanners, frames anything and everything photo related.

People love to get things for free, so give lots of good quilty pictures away and market photo related STUFF.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah Heyder's getting to a point here too.
    A lot of publishers and writers use this type of "file photo" service rather than hiring a photographer to go out and get a photo.
    And if some of the photos involve subjects that are geographically or culturally specific, somebody here in US or Europe sure would rather pay TGO a few bucks than spend thousand$ for a photo expedition to India.

I just noticed that some members have been starting to call me by my first name; does this mean I'm a good boy? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: Deelz ]

ABW Ambassador
    Yeppers...Some really great advise

I shall work upon 3 sections now... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help

Regards
    TGO

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That's a great idea Heyder!

Every area has something unique enough that pix of the area would be saleable! Even Michigan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

How much do you think people would pay for pix, btw?

I think if people were looking for pix, they probably wouldn't be too interested in a camera...or they wouldn't need to find pictures [they'd use their own]...

Spot on leader about the camera thing.

I think pictures like anything else would depend on a few factors such as quality, uniqueness (spelling?) and you'd also have to figure in who the customer is and their budget. Another factor would be is your picture going to only be sold one time or is it something you'd sell to multiple people.

Even if you only sold them for a couple dollars each you'd not have a bad business.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think if people were looking for pix, they probably wouldn't be too interested in a camera...or they wouldn't need to find pictures [they'd use their own]...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:confused:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast