Introducing PaperPlain.com affiliate program
    Hello Everyone,

I run www.paperplain.com and just completed registering with Shareasale. We offer a variety of unique t-shirts for purchase from our site. We hope to continue to introduce new t-shirt lines every 4-5 months, as well as new additions to our current lines more frequently. We are an established merchant and have been running our e-commerce site for over 3 years. We do not participate in any other affiliate network, and this is the first time we have tried this type of marketing.

We are currently offering 10% commision (set as default in Shareasale) but it seems thats a bit low compared to most other t-shirt vendors using SAS. I will change individual affiliates to 20% upon request.

I am working on creating/uploading more banners/collateral to SAS and hope to have that done this week or next. You can take a peak here for a preview:

http://www.paperplain.com/_photos/ms...O_header_1.jpg

Currently I have only small icon images that link to specific products.

I have a few questions that I hope to learn about, either in this thread, or reading more on this forum:

-What type of banners do most affiliates want?
    -whats the deal with the datafeed, should I try to get that going?
    -Dynamic/HTML Creative, do affilates like those and can I upload my display galleries (like the java gallery here: http://www.paperplain.com/catalogs/i...D=19&itemID=37) so that affiliates can use those, if they wanted?
    -Should I create text-links for each product?

Things like that..

Welp, thats all the relevant info I can think of.. Glad to be here, and hope to work, talk with some of you soon..

Andrew Martin
    martin@paperplain.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paperplain

We are currently offering 10% commision (set as default in Shareasale) but it seems thats a bit low compared to most other t-shirt vendors using SAS. I will change individual affiliates to 20% upon request.
    What are the guidelines in regard to granting a request?
    Why not make it a flat 15% for everyone?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    What are the guidelines in regard to granting a request?
    Why not make it a flat 15% for everyone?
    I just made it a flat 20% as the default. So 20%, and no need to request anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Paperplain

Currently I have only small icon images that link to specific products.

I have a few questions that I hope to learn about, either in this thread, or reading more on this forum:

-What type of banners do most affiliates want?
    -whats the deal with the datafeed, should I try to get that going?
    Not all affiliates use datafeed, however it is important for you to work on because some affiliates love to use datafeed and when you have the datafeed it will be available for the SAS affiliates who prefer to use the Make-a-Page Tool (this is a very popular tool).

It is important to have a small icon and a larger one so that affiliates have the option.

In terms of banners, I would think a variety would be best -- I am sure some other affiliates will guide you on sample specific sizes.

You have nice t-shirts
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Hi there & welcome!

You have some neat looking T's!

Banners - The sizes I personally use most often are 468x60, 120x90 & 120x60. Also, it is nice to have a banner that isn't item specific... one that is your brand logo... available in each size.

Text Links - Yes, please create them, that saves the affililates from having to it themselves. It makes it easier for them to sell your product. :0)

Datafeed - It is a good idea to make one available. Once again, it helps those affiliates that use them sell your product.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    Hi there & welcome!

You have some neat looking T's!

Banners - The sizes I personally use most often are 468x60, 120x90 & 120x60. Also, it is nice to have a banner that isn't item specific... one that is your brand logo... available in each size.

Text Links - Yes, please create them, that saves the affililates from having to it themselves. It makes it easier for them to sell your product. :0)

Datafeed - It is a good idea to make one available. Once again, it helps those affiliates that use them sell your product.
    Thanks for the input.. Is the Product Database Upload within SAS basically the datafeed? Most of what I find using Google seems to indicate that I would need to create this and them make it available to affiliates via FTP. If this is the datafeed, are there affiliates that still prefer having this info available via FTP, or is the SAS interface sufficient?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thanks for the input.. Is the Product Database Upload within SAS basically the datafeed? Most of what I find using Google seems to indicate that I would need to create this and them make it available to affiliates via FTP. If this is the datafeed, are there affiliates that still prefer having this info available via FTP, or is the SAS interface sufficient?
    Making the feed, and having it accessible through the SAS interface (and set up to work well with Make-A-Page), is a good idea.

There was some difference between putting an item in via their interface and through their feed. When I did that with one item, it wasn't available in all the ways the feed is. I *think* it didn't become available in the affiliate feed (that you can download through the SAS interface) when I did it that way--it was only available in the section where affs can get individual product links, but it's been awhile so there's a chance the difference could have been something else.

As for the FTP-- in my experience, the FTP access will 1-buck you to death.
    Several of my affs use the feed, but the ones who perform aren't the ones who ask for FTP access. And after a year, those little $1s will have added up into a surprisingly big pile!

When it comes to those who ask for FTP access to my feed, most are newbs who just request to get access to everything that they can (but who have no idea what to do with the feed).

Your results may vary, however.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Welcome. Nice to see something different.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread