Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    LMI to fade into the sunset? - We can only hope!
    Saw this over on RevNews in regards to LMI...

What we have started to do is try and get our publishers to move their tags over to their JavaScript, because we believe that over time that it is going to be demanded more and more on the advertiser side. We are not mandating it, however, and it could take a considerable amount of time to do such a migration. We got a response loud and clear from our publisher that they are not willing to do this on a wholesale basis, but we believe that over time, maybe it takes a year or two, that this will be the way that the market will go. So we are going to be patient with it. Right now, we are just working with our publisher on a one-to-one basis, and eventually I would anticipate that we will get there over time.
    This is from the ValueClick Q2 2006 Earnings conference call.

So, do you think they will still go through with it, or let it quietly fade into the sunset?

I'm hoping for the later...
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Yes, that was posted here a couple weeks ago in another thread, but worth repeating.

I was thinking just today that VC and CJ are just waiting for this to all blow over, thinking we will one day just start doing JS links and forget that HTML was ever used.

Not this affiliate!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Whoops! I totally missed the thread!

I think they are either waiting for it to blow over and then full steam ahead, or they are letting it die a slow quiet death to save face instead of publically admitting they f'ed up!

Thanks for the link Snowman!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Had my first CJ recruiting link for a while that I might be interested in, sent them this reply:

Hi,

Thanks for the email. Will you have a datafeed available? Will the datafeed have html links rather than being full of the LMI javascript links?

I won't be joining any new CJ merchants if they only adhere to the new javascript-only links that CJ is pressurising them to do against the best interests of affiliates.

regards
    The greater the resistance merchants feel from affiliates the better. After all, they pay plenty up front and per month to joing CJ, so if the very people they want to recruit are being alienated by CJ's activities, they aren't going to be happy are they?

I've sent about a dozen of those emails so far. Problem is, the newbie merchants just don't get it. They think CJ is going to fix all the problems while still retaining the new JS links. So, instead of just the usual email about not joining because of LMI and JS, I've been sending them specific links here at ABW. Problem is, these newbies have signed a contract and are stuck. What we need to figure out is how to educate those people considering a change from CJ and those who might be considering joining CJ.

It's a rough road but we are certainly making some headway.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Interesting email that I got from RealArcade. It makes one wonder what CJ is telling the merchants...
    I must say it is a shame that you won’t work with us at Commission Junction. They have said repeatedly that there will be no end to HTML (Legacy) Links and I urge you to reconsider.

ABW Ambassador
    I would just reply with a link to the Valueclick conference call or tell them if that was the case they would put that info up at CJ. I don't think at this point CJ knows themselves what route they'll eventually take.

Psycho situation

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread