Banner Ads
    So, here is the question:

how effective are banner ads?
    does it matter which application you use them in?

thanks,
    ej

Banner ads don't do squat for me. I'm sure banner blindness has a lot to do with it.

Text ads, on the other hand (expecially embedded in content), have been wonderful so far.

From my experience banner ads convert quite poorly. They are best used for merchants on CPM buys to establish their brand, but don't do well with CPA/CPL/CPS campaigns. I've also had much better luck with text ads converting. However, if you aren't looking to convert and are selling ad space per impression then banners may work well for you.
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

Smile
    Agree with the others. They used to work way back when they were first being used, but now we are so accustomed to them, that we don't even look at them, most of the time.

Text ads do really well now, esp through the PPC Google.

Text ads also do great when they are embedded in your content on pages of your site (as part of a sentence or a specific small phrase).

Research also shows that when the text colors of your text ads match the color theme of your site, people will click on them more.

Hope this helps.

MJ

As people are saying text ads are better. But banners can't hurt really. No matter what program you do them in, just make sure you compress them down to the smallest file size you can!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I use banner ads to mostly add some visual appeal to the page and break up the text. Ads with nice looking people, specials and product are good, but I back all that up with text links to that merchant which is mainly where my clicks come from. Banner blindness is a factor but I still think RELEVANT banners combined with content is still effective, though to a lesser extent.

Yea, make 'em smaller, and make sure that they are RELATED to the page theme.....

Quote Originally Posted by ADesertRose
    I use banner ads to mostly add some visual appeal to the page and break up the text. Ads with nice looking people, specials and product are good, but I back all that up with text links to that merchant which is mainly where my clicks come from. Banner blindness is a factor but I still think RELEVANT banners combined with content is still effective, though to a lesser extent.
    Oops, posted before I saw your post.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread