Cash bonuses using LinkShare
    Hey, does anyone (merchants specifically) ever use the "Transactions" feature under their merchant interface to give out cash bonuses to specific affiliates?

Lets say you wanted to give a certain affiliate (I will refer to him hereafter as 'slappy') $100 for having been a member of your program for three years or something like that. Could you create a "ghost transaction" where he hasn't actually sold anything but you could treat it that way?

...I don't know where I come up with these weird questions

IronChef253
    I'm not a merchant but an affiliate. And...yeap I've received bonuses that way but not being the merchant can't tell you how they do it.
    Question please Please tell me that's not a real snake that's umm attached to your head???

Yes, that is a genuine South American green anaconda (Eunectes murinus).

They grow to more than ten meters in length and do not like being teased by affiliate managers - whom they prey upon as their primary source of sustenance.

I only survived this enounter because the snake, which had already swallowed my head, was unable to make it's jaws fit around my shoulders. Thankfully, Samuel L. Jackson was present.

(no snakes were harmed in the telling of this fabrication)

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by IronChef253
    Hey, does anyone (merchants specifically) ever use the "Transactions" feature under their merchant interface to give out cash bonuses to specific affiliates?

Lets say you wanted to give a certain affiliate (I will refer to him hereafter as 'slappy') $100 for having been a member of your program for three years or something like that. Could you create a "ghost transaction" where he hasn't actually sold anything but you could treat it that way?

...I don't know where I come up with these weird questions
    Hey IronChef,

I, personally, wouldn't do it that way for a couple reasons.

1) It screws up tracking. The transaction id might conflict with an actual transaction. Why do this when LS has a bonus option?
    2) Making it a transaction makes it commissionable to Linkshare, thus making the bonus cost more than it has to.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    It can be done.
    Just submit it via LS Trans.

But as michael mentioned, it will mess up the tracking.

As for me, I prefer to do it this way cos it takes ages to get payment through our acct dept which is then sent to NJ or somewhere out north of FL. So the affiliate would be questioning me while I OK the internal payment. LS is the way for me.

"1) It screws up tracking. The transaction id might conflict with an actual transaction. Why do this when LS has a bonus option?"

wait...whats this about a bonus option? Thats what Im interested in. how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by IronChef253
    Yes, that is a genuine South American green anaconda (Eunectes murinus).

They grow to more than ten meters in length and do not like being teased by affiliate managers - whom they prey upon as their primary source of sustenance.

I only survived this enounter because the snake, which had already swallowed my head, was unable to make it's jaws fit around my shoulders. Thankfully, Samuel L. Jackson was present.

(no snakes were harmed in the telling of this fabrication)

lol Now do you really expect me to believe that...snake swallowed your head??? So guess this means you're probably going to see that movie. lol :0

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    You can add to and edit affiliate payments when you approve them each month, so you just add $100 and in the reason box select "bonus"

very simple and doesn't effect any tracking data etc

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    You can add to and edit affiliate payments when you approve them each month, so you just add $100 and in the reason box select "bonus"

very simple and doesn't effect any tracking data etc

Cheers

Chris
    Wow...I learn something new everyday here!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Wow...I learn something new everyday here!
    The only issue is you can only add the bonus at the end of the month when you approve payments, so if you forget, then it's 30 days before you can do it again

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    The only issue is you can only add the bonus at the end of the month when you approve payments, so if you forget, then it's 30 days before you can do it again

Cheers

Chris
    Lol, so true. I get so scared and hesitate hitting the "submit" button cause I don't want to miss anyone's bonus.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread