Link Locater Direct - Knowledge/Advice?
    For starters -

Does Link Locater Direct make Merchandiser obsolete?

Similar concept, but totally different selection of links.

Merchandiser is for product links. For instance, a specific necklace at Overstock.com.

Link Locator Direct is for home page, promotional text, and promotional banner links. For instance, a banner for the monthly coupon at Overstock.com.

My biggest complaint with Link Locator Direct is that you only get links in about six specified categories. I'd like to get all text and banner links, whether they're in one of those categories or not.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Michael,

How long did it take for you to get setup with LLD? I'm awaiting a response from LinkShare... They said they never received my original email, so its been a couple weeks now.

Also, my main question is do you have to make calls to the GetMerchantLinks query using the MID (Merchant ID) or can you use the Merchant Name?

Thanks.

(Matt- check out the Resource Center in LinkShare, there is a good amount of information about the service (see here)

I've never used GetMerchantLinks. I use GetAllLinks and just load everything into a database.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Offerfind,
    Can you send me a PM with your LS username and email address. I will follow up with our support team about your request for Link Locator Direct.

Ranae

Michael,

I get an out of memory error (from LinkShare's end, I believe) saying that the data size was around 75MB and the data doesn't come accross.

I say I think it's on LinkShare's end because my bandwidth usage doesn't reflect it.

Thanks for any help,
    Chris

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Chris,
    I talked to our tech team and they are not aware of any problems with Link Locator Direct. Can you please send an email to linklocatordirect@linkshare.com with your username and details on the error message you are getting.

Ranae

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread