ABW Ambassador
    Payment History for Prospective Merchant
    Is there a way to find out if a merchant pays on time before joining their program at Linkshare?

ABW Ambassador
    I choose only the merchants with * (premium merchants) on affiliate interface.

For merchnat payment history: go to synergy analytics - network transaction analysis - merchant payment history.
    Last edited by atonca; August 17th, 2006 at 12:28 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    For merchnat payment history: go to synergy analytics - network transaction analysis - merchant payment history.
    I know how to find the merchant payment history for the merchants I'm signed up with. I asked if there was a way to find this info. for merchants I haven't signed up with.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Snowman,
    We do not include that information in the merchant Join Programs section. Once you apply to a merchant program and are accepted, that merchant will appear in your Merchant Payment History report.

Ranae

Internet Cowboy
    And just because they are a *Premium* merchant does not mean you will get paid on time.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    And just because they are a *Premium* merchant does not mean you will get paid on time.
    "LinkShare Premium Partner merchants have satisfied the following criteria:

Transaction inquiries are resolved on a timely basis
    Uses LinkShare’s affiliate payment service
    Prompt authorization of affiliate payments so affiliates are paid at the end of the following month
    Seven or more return days (does not apply to merchants with pay-per-click programs)
    Valid and complete contact information in their profile
    Active and in good standing with LinkShare"

I think it is the first criteria to be qualified as a premium merchant according to Linkshare. Otherwise, why don't you apply all the ones that you interested in just to see their payment history in your report, then drop the ones didn't pay on time?

"Prompt authorization of affiliate payments so affiliates are paid at the end of the following month"

Yes, but you have to find out how often they reevaluate Premium status and exactly what the requirements are. I think they only have to have prompt payments 2 of the last 3 months to meet that criteria.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Michael,
    When determining the prompt payment critieria, we look at the last three months of payments received. We have recently updated the criteria and are in the process of enforcing all the criteria. Occasionally we do have some exceptions for the payment and other criteria. The Premium Partner merchants are very concerned about maintaining their status. We hope that revamping this program will improve affiliate payments.

Ranae

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    We hope that revamping this program will improve affiliate payments.
    Or you could do like other networks do and bill them in real time or maintain an escrow account for all of your merchants. Having to wait 4 months or more for payment is ridiculous.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread