Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Exclamation LMI is D-E-A-D!
    LMI is over. HTML links live on! Log in to your account to see this message:

Upcoming Changes in Getting Links

On August 30, 2006 publishers will notice changes in getting links in the CJ Account Manager™. This change will make it easier for publishers to choose either HTML or JavaScript links. To reiterate there are no plans to remove support for HTML links.

However, advertisers will have the option to designate a link as JavaScript-only (with the exception of keyword links), if they deem it necessary. Commission Junction encourages its advertisers to support both HTML and JavaScript link formats, to meet the varied needs of publishers.
    Well done folks. We did it. CJ listened.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

ABW Ambassador
    lol, there is a thead right below this one about it. But I do like your headline better

I'm not sure it is really dead. They kind of have it on life support while they try to keep their affiliate program alive. I started another thread here earlier about it http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77453
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ron, oh it's over. They worded it to make it face-saving but in tech-speak it's over. LMI was the move to JS only and they've scrapped that plan. HTML links live on at CJ!
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Freaking time to PARTY GUYS!!

:Toddparty
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Very good news. I'm still pissed that they caused stress in my life, but I will get over it, eventually.

Well, they almost HAD to do something before CJU. I mean if the top CJ people are at CJU and lots of merchants are there and every affiliate there is talking about how stupid this whole thing is and asking about it in sessions, and bringing it up with merchants, that conference would be a flat out disaster. It already looks like it took much longer to sell out if it is sold out yet and I'd bet this whole LMI thing had a lot to do with it.

ABW Ambassador
    "Commission Junction encourages its advertisers to support both HTML and JavaScript link formats, to meet the varied needs of publishers."

There you go, options. What we've been saying all along.

ABW Ambassador
    am not surprised.

i tested a few LMI js links before and got zero clicks. unbelievable.

and i've been painstakingly making regular links - one by one - during this whole thing. it's a risk, yes, but damn, i'd really believe they lost their minds if they insist.

now, if only they can make the default of Get All html into regular links, that'll be great. cj?

Oh what a relief - that made my day!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    I'm still pissed that they caused stress in my life, but I will get over it, eventually.
    LOL LOL LOL - good one, isellstuff! "Eventually" is gonna take longer than overnight - meanwhile, CJ shot themselves in the foot with this one but good move turning it back around ... at the very least.

They should be sending us all solid gold whistles just to apologize for all that stress and to renew good will. Exposing us to vermin was nasty enough - this was a blatant kick in the ass.

In honor of this momentous event, I've changed my avatar.
    Last edited by Rexanne; August 17th, 2006 at 06:09 PM. Reason: additional thought
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Talking to a couple of merchants that have been good money for me - seeing if they'll make sure that all links are set to default of HTML.

Otherwise - woohoo!

where can i Find a post that describes what's good about LMI js links? I only see negative posts... one of the only thing I've thought about, and maybe it's a great factor, is that js links cannot be recognized by SE spiders, that usually would "blacklist" your site as an affiliate website, and hurt your rankings... isn't that correct? I'm seeing posts here with hundreads of comments and so I can't extract the main issues about this.... can anyone help?
    Last edited by flip; August 17th, 2006 at 06:24 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I'm not sure it is really dead. They kind of have it on life support while they try to keep their affiliate program alive. I started another thread here earlier about it http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77453

It seems pretty dead to me. What a relief and joy to see CJ surrender. On a grimmer note, I am confident that, in the near future, CJ will come up with an even bigger stupidity in order to preserve their reputation as the stupid network that cares very little about its affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    "blacklist" your site as an affiliate website, and hurt your rankings... isn't that correct?"

no

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    It seems pretty dead to me.
    It's a zombie. it's alive, it's dead.

I agree, Isellstuff, the stress was unnecessary.

The many letters and phone calls I made that were just ignored though have left quite a foul taste in my mouth. (where is that spitting smiley?)

After seeing the announcement and the point they made in the orange letters, it did give me some relief. But to be honest, at this point having moved merchants to other networks and cancelled many accounts there is a long road ahead to CJ winning me back.

On the good side, congratulations to all who wrote and called. It did have an effect and it certainly appears that they are moving in the right direction to give us choices. Well done, all.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Cool
    Great news!

ABW tunneled LMI. We did this. The next time some self-proclaimed AM pundit calls us a bunch of ineffectual whiners we can point to the death of LMI as proof that we are powerful.

I think August 17th should henceforth be known as "ABW Solidarity Day" and we should celebrate with the airing of grievances and feats of strength.

Rock on.

For all of you who have worked hard to keep html links, I want to say thank you... Good Job!!!

I'm not jumping back on the CJ bandwagon just yet. I'm down to just having previously cookied customers' sales trickle in. I haven't put up new CJ links in eons.

I'll keep watching and see how this plays out. If all seems ok, I might consider moving forward with some CJ merchants in the future.

Good job everyone! To all the naysayers that didn't believe CJ could be influenced by unhappy affiliates...here's your proof.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Amazing even those pimping for the Adwhores, buried in the VC/CJ boardroom, complained about lack of cookies to munch. Seems they needed the affiliate surfs with customer facing showcases after-all. You'd a thunk dat!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Jangro made a nice point, pointing out in the announcement that they're calling them html links and not legacy links anymore. So good and August 30th, will be easier to get the html links again.

ABW Ambassador
    What a wonderful world...

YAY!
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Woo Hoo! Best affiliate news of the year!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast