Tracking question on test orders, Advice plz
    Greetings,
    I seem to be in need of advice for placing test orders. I recently placed 5 test orders through one of my merchants. Only 1 order recorded the click (as chance
    would have it, it was for the free item, music download) The other 4 orders did not record click or even the sales.

The sales totaled around $50. I have seen non-commisionable sales for those days for other orders, so it doesn't look like the merchant is behind in reporting.

P.S. I used different links for half the orders (none tracked a click, except for the freebie), plus used firefox and IE.

Should I use a different email address when testing or am I missing something. I do not want to toss out accusations if I am missing an important testing step.

ABW Ambassador
    I would submit transaction inquiries for the missing sales and see how the merchant responds.

http://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/a..._inquiry.shtml

Thanks Snowman
    I did see where I can report them, but I want to do some more test orders to see if any show up. I was hoping someone could point out what I may be doing wrong if anything.

Even if the sales did not report. I would expect the clicks to

ABW Ambassador
    If you're going to do more test orders, I'd have someone else do them on their computer and then you can just reimburse them if there isn't something they need from that merchant.

Good idea
    looks like that is what I will do. Even so, shouldn't my clickthroughs atleast show
    up on my test orders?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Also check whether the merchant does process date or transaction date reporting, if the former then the tracking of the sales will not show up until they ship.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Even so, shouldn't my clickthroughs atleast show
    up on my test orders?
    Yes but if you used the same IP within the a short period of time they may only have recorded one click...not sure if the LS system does that kind of click auditing but it would make sense if they did.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thanks Chris,

I bet you are right with the clicks showing up. I tried on different days and the clicks do reflect.

Problem is the test sales (old and new) do not display. I do see reports for other
    non-commisionable sales for the same time periods. All the test sales except for the last 2 (which canceled) has been delivered to me.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread