ABW Ambassador
    what's up with reporting
    what's up with reporting?

seems like today's commish doesn't equal the increase in total commish. the increase in total commish is far less, and i can't find any reversals or anything.

Well, you certainly can't blame recording of sales because that aspect of CJ is bullet proof. Tracking can not and will not ever be affected.

I got this email from one of my merchants this morning:

------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Publisher,

From July 21st through July 26th, tracking for our affiliate program was dropped. Though traffic data and some sales were collected, the majority of transactions were not accepted by Commission Junction during this outage period. Our program was not responsible for this outage, and was able to successfully capture total affiliate program sales during that time. However, the identifiers that associated sales to individual publishers were not available.

In order to properly compensate publishers for their traffic and estimated conversions, total sales recorded by our program during the outage period were allocated among all publishers. Historical conversion rates for June 2006 were applied to individual publishers’ click volumes during the outage period to approximate the number of sales each publisher would have earned over the outage period. The sales number was then multiplied by each publisher’s commission rate, and a bonus was credited. Bonuses will appear as August transactions, based on the date of entry.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm finding it more and more difficult to keep the faith...
    Last edited by Kevin Collier; August 18th, 2006 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spieling
    :warning: If we don't get some cool rules ourselves.... pronto... then we'll just be bogus too..

Oh, great! If this was not merchant specific it means it could well have happened to more than one merchant during that time period. Guess we all need to go check our own stats for that period and send a copy of that email to our merchants to ask them if they are aware of this or had any drop in stats for that same period.

Thanks for sharing this Kevin.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

July 21st?
    Wasn't that the start of the LMI initiative? Coincidentally, I submitted to one of my merchants a request to review tracking of my links, since sales had died for me starting on that date. They forwarded the request to CJ and you will never guess what CJ's responce was? Come on!! Guess!

Forgive me if I got the LMI start date messed up.... It's my memory

Thanks
    The best things in life are not things at all...

It's broken AGAIN errrrrrrrrr

ABW Ambassador
    June 23rd was the start date of JavaScript links being set as the default, if that is what you are referring to. I don't think there were any elements of LMI that went into effect in July.

See!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    June 23rd was the start date of JavaScript links being set as the default, if that is what you are referring to. I don't think there were any elements of LMI that went into effect in July.

I knew it!! I am losing my mind!!
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Is anybody else noticing reporting delays? I normally have multiple sales every hour and I haven't seen a new sale since 9am. I don't know if this is merchant specific or system-wide.

ABW Ambassador
    My last sale posted an hour ago. No problems here.

Thanks for the speedy update snowman!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread