Performics is a scam or what??
    I had opened an account with Performics about 30 days ago

I sent requests to get approved to some merchants, and after about 3 days I was approved

However, whenever I sent an email to Performics I've never gotten a reply back

I tried to call but no one answers

How exacly they expect a pub like me to take links from them?

What's more, there is not even a campaign description!

I just see how much you get per lead, but you have to go and figure out by yourself what the user should to

It's really annoying! I don't like to see a campaign with no description what the user should do, and I must admit so many networks don't bother to do that, or just give out 1 sentence of explanation

Anyway
    If someone here uses Performics and has a good opinion on them let me know cause I don't, I've never spoken even once to 1 guy of their team if there's any

Internet Cowboy
    They don't return emails. Heck, they don't even follow through on things that they promise you in person at Affiliate Summit. They seem to be very affiliate unfriendly, but they do have a few good merchants. Maybe someday they will either get it and start helping their affiliates (since they screen them from the merchant) or they will go out of business and their merchants will go somewhere else.

I share your frustration with them...especially the not returning emails from affiliates. I have been told that I have to find someone and befriend them and I will have an "in" at Performics. I'm sorry, but an affiliate should not have to play politics to get something done that will make everyone money or at the very least have a chance to ask for something to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    They don't return emails. Heck, they don't even follow through on things that they promise you in person at Affiliate Summit. They seem to be very affiliate unfriendly, but they do have a few good merchants. Maybe someday they will either get it and start helping their affiliates (since they screen them from the merchant) or they will go out of business and their merchants will go somewhere else.

I share your frustration with them...especially the not returning emails from affiliates. I have been told that I have to find someone and befriend them and I will have an "in" at Performics. I'm sorry, but an affiliate should not have to play politics to get something done that will make everyone money or at the very least have a chance to ask for something to be done.
    Oh, thanks for letting me know about that

I've nothing further to do with them if that is the case, let them get other publishers, not me

I've had good experiences with Performics. I've communicated with 1 or 2 of them in person and over the phone. They sometimes even post here on ABW, so hopefully you'll get some assistance now that you've posted.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Larry Adams (Performics Network Rep) posts here

http://forum.abestweb.com/member.php?u=16712

Larry Adams is very helpful. Perhaps he could help you.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Larry Adams (Performics Network Rep) posts here

http://forum.abestweb.com/member.php?u=16712

Larry Adams is very helpful. Perhaps he could help you.
    thanks

I've PMed him

let's see if he gets back

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Aren't they some kind of Advertising Network? That would explain the snobish elitist attitude. Lie to them you have the Tiger Woods Ad account... then pull a no show at some ritzy lunch joint near them.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Aren't they some kind of Advertising Network? That would explain the snobish elitist attitude. Lie to them you have the Tiger Woods Ad account... then pull a no show at some ritzy lunch joint near them.
    Lol

Btw, what or who is Tiger Woods?

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985
    Lol

Btw, what or who is Tiger Woods?
    The Black Guy in those Haines undie commercials.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

The Black Guy in those Haines undie commercials.
    Don't like Golf, it's so boring :P

Affiliate Network Rep
    Which program are you looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by arie1985
    thanks

I've PMed him

let's see if he gets back

Arie and UncleScooter,

If you give me some more detail on your request I can get you in touch with the right people. We'll soon be implementing a better system for capturing requests as email often gets trapped either coming in to us, or going out from us.

If you prefer to speak with someone directly, you can also call our main line (312) 739 - 0222 and ask to speak with someone in Publisher Services. We have a dedicated full time team for publisher support and development that will respond to your inquiry.

If it is the kind of question you think the answer to which would benefit all affiliates, please feel free to ask it here and I'll be happy to reply. Sorry for any trouble you've had so far, I'm sure once we get past these communication issues you'll find a lot of benefit to working with us.

For clarification, Performics is a traditional affiliate network (think CJ, Linkshare, ShareASale). We are owned by DoubleClick which is a technology company that sells ad serving software. But there is no ad network (ala Webclients, ad.com, Azoogle, etc.) owned or operated by Performics or DoubleClick.

Regards,
    Larry Adams
    Affiliate Product Manager
    Performics

For your own information Doubleclick was an Ad Serviing business. They just sold off their shadier operations to those still fully dedicated to shoving Ad enema tubes up the consumers butts. When the consumer backlash spotlights were turned on after the .com bomb pillaging of advertiser budgets & VC funding Doubleclick unloaded the Ad Serving group to www.maxonline.com which is owed by the shanky Adwhores at IAC Search & Media. IAC Search and Media delivers world-class information retrieval products through a diverse portfolio of Web sites, portals and downloadable applications. IAC Search and Media's search and search-based portal brands include:

http://www.askjeevesinc.com/en/docs/...overview.shtml
    Ask.com
    Askjeeves.com
    AskforKids.com
    Bloglines.com
    Evite.com
    Excite.com
    FunWebProducts.com
    IWon.com
    MyWay.com

IAC Search & Media is a wholly-owned business of IAC/InterActiveCorp.

The DoubleClick's e-mail spamming operation was sold to Epsilon Interactive. For more information on their services, please visit www.epsiloninteractive.com ... http://www.epsiloninteractive.com/ei...bout/about.htm

I'll agree with Rhia7 whenever I've had a question Larry Adams has always been very helpful. And....yeap right about not having names with most emails. lol I did get one the other day though with a real live person attached to it that was an affiliate manager
    Not sure if I've just been lucky or what but I've never had any trouble with correspondence with them either. Granted as I said there usually isn't a name attached to emails but I just click reply and send whatever question I have and somebody answers and if they don't know the answer they get in touch with the person who would and I end up getting an answer. Just may take a little longer sometimes than others. I got a check from them yesterday too So, they definitely are real.

Things are definitely improving at Performics.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Just to let you know I got a PM back from Larry

Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    Arie and UncleScooter,

If you give me some more detail on your request I can get you in touch with the right people. We'll soon be implementing a better system for capturing requests as email often gets trapped either coming in to us, or going out from us.

If you prefer to speak with someone directly, you can also call our main line (312) 739 - 0222 and ask to speak with someone in Publisher Services. We have a dedicated full time team for publisher support and development that will respond to your inquiry.

If it is the kind of question you think the answer to which would benefit all affiliates, please feel free to ask it here and I'll be happy to reply. Sorry for any trouble you've had so far, I'm sure once we get past these communication issues you'll find a lot of benefit to working with us.

For clarification, Performics is a traditional affiliate network (think CJ, Linkshare, ShareASale). We are owned by DoubleClick which is a technology company that sells ad serving software. But there is no ad network (ala Webclients, ad.com, Azoogle, etc.) owned or operated by Performics or DoubleClick.

Regards,
    Larry Adams
    Affiliate Product Manager
    Performics
    Oh, I didn't notice you posted a post in here

I sent you an email to the email address you have provided me in the PM you sent me Larry

Arie

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Things are definitely improving at Performics.
    I agree. Larry is very helpful and there are many amazing account managers at Performics. I am sure Larry will help you, or direct you to someone who will.

Peformics doesn't appear to have a merchant referral program. i.e. an affiliate program for their own business. Am I correct?
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Affiliate Network Rep
    Please contact me about a referral program. We don't have a standard policy in place but I am working on one.

You can PM me, or call me at 312-739-0352

-larry

Thanks for the quick reply Larry and for taking my call this AM. I'll follow up with you shortly on this.

Regards,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Anger is bad for you man.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    Anger is bad for you man.
    Maybe, but he is right that DoubleClick used to be an adserving network.

I remember them well as an adserver because of a couple of things in particular:

1) They wanted something like a million pageviews/mo before they'd consider a publisher!!!

2) And, they were the ones who served ads on a game site that used to have free email, so I saw that name a lot.

I also remember them drawing the ire of at least one atty general for some kind of trumped-up-sounding "privacy violation" stuff. Some Luddite was pissed because they dared to *gasp* show targeted advertising to users...by setting cookies! (sarcasm) Of all the horrors! (/sarcasm)

There may have been more to it that I don't remember, but that's what I recall from the news that I saw.

I don't recall the legal results of that action, but apparently they didn't want to face any more heat, if they sold the ad part...

Quote Originally Posted by asr_guy
    Thanks for the quick reply Larry and for taking my call this AM. I'll follow up with you shortly on this.

Regards,
    Peter
    Great, looks like they are good, I will check soon their campaigns as well

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread