Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Exclamation ReStockIt.com - Important announcement !!
    Hello Team,

ReStockIt.com is launching a new website, new look, new features and better customer usability. The new site will be launched early next week ....

If you are a ReStockIt.com affiliate, listen up. This is very important.

1) You do not need to change any of your banner or text links on CJ or SAS. We are making the changes on the back end so all current links will redirect.

2) If you are using our data feed, on CJ or SAS, make sure you have the latest feed which is static. ReStockIt is moving away from dynamic feed links found in old datafeeds. You should be updating your feeds monthly anyway, but if you haven't and still have the old dynamic links, they will not work on the new site. If you are not sure what feed you have, we suggest you update and refresh anyway so you can have the lates pricing and full product availability.

3) Here are the new and updated datafeeds for CJ and SAS.

On SAS: http://www.andyrodriguez.com/merchan...i-sas-feed.zip
    On CJ: http://www.andyrodriguez.com/merchan...si-cj-feed.zip

4) GoldenCAN has just been updated on both CJ and SAS

Again, if you haven't been updating the feeds, now is the time.

If you are still on the CJ pprogram, we strongly advise you change links over to SAS as we will be shutting down the CJ program in the very near future.

You can sign up for the ReStockIt.com SAS program here.

This will also be sent via CJ and SAS emails ....
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; August 18th, 2006 at 11:29 AM.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

The last feed update I have is June 5th right after it went live on SAS.

You should be updating your feeds monthly anyway,
    Have I been missing something here? I haven't seen any updates since June. It's not showing in the SAS list of feeds which is nice as it shows the date of last update.

Looks like I'll have plenty to do when I come out of medical exile in about 10 days. I'm looking forward to it.

ABW Ambassador
    Re: ReStockIt.com - Important announcement !!
    I just joined on SAS and downloaded the db shown in your post for SAS, the DB inside the zip is dated 5/30/06, is it up to date?.. or is there another that we should be looking for...

Thanks for the heads up!

Judith

Quote Originally Posted by weblady
    I just joined on SAS and downloaded the db shown in your post for SAS, the DB inside the zip is dated 5/30/06, is it up to date?..
    I'm fairly certain that the SAS feed is not up to date as it still uses the dynamic links that RSI is wanting to get rid of:
    http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?m=10059&b=57580&u=!!USERID!!&urllink=www.restockit.com/index.asp%3FPageAction=VIEWPROD%26ProdID=12614%26c1=affiliate%26source=sas%26kw=datafeed

Also, I seem to recall that the idea of splitting the feed up was being batted around. I just tried to open the 68MB SAS text file and my machine would not open it up in excel (not enough memory) to do my tweaking. Something definately needs to be done there to reduce the file size.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    ReStockIt.com - Important announcement !!
    We are working on it and hope to get answer soon.

Thanks

Emilio-ARC

Well, something needs to be done soon, as all of the images are now MISSING and the links are redirecting to the homepage.
    Scott
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Well, something needs to be done soon, as all of the images are now MISSING and the links are redirecting to the homepage.
    I am seeing the same thing here on the LSU library network. I also see it with IBS images and IE is braging that it is blocking a cookie associated with each image in it's "Privacy Report". Unfortunatly I can't mess with the privacy settings here. The librarian used his laptop to access the larger network here and found the same blockage using Firefox.

I just did a quick check on the links to IBS and they too are redirecting to a welcome page.

IBS redirects to a numeric IP addy, so that's probably why the security problem.
    Scott

I had someone check at their house and they can't see my IBS images either. It appears they have made the transition to the new site and left the old image links dead. The same may have happened for ReStockit for as this thread indicates they are launching a new site also. That would explain the redirects.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    3) Here are the new and updated datafeeds for CJ and SAS.

On SAS: http://www.andyrodriguez.com/merchan...i-sas-feed.zip

If you are still on the CJ pprogram, we strongly advise you change links over to SAS as we will be shutting down the CJ program in the very near future.
    WHEN will the SAS feed be updated? The CJ feed is dated 8/16/06 with links and images that actually work. The SAS feed is from MAY with thousands of missing images and links that redirect to the RSI homepage.

Guess which one I had to update my site with.
    Scott

Talking
    There are no images - descriptions - or anything on the GoldenCan GetData except for the product link to click on and it does not go to the product page.

All of the product links redirect to the Home Page.

Not Good.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    WHEN will the SAS feed be updated? The CJ feed is dated 8/16/06 with links and images that actually work. The SAS feed is from MAY with thousands of missing images and links that redirect to the RSI homepage.

Guess which one I had to update my site with.
    Today's first order of buss with Brian is this ... we will get this resolved ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Any revised status on the restockit feed? It's been a while now.

Unhappy

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

From today's ReStockit Affiliate Newsletter:
    Restockit.com is committed to helping you earn commissions with multiple tools. Our newly updated high converting product feed can be downloaded at http://www.andyrodriguez.com/merchan...i-sas-feed.zip. We are working on uploading the massive feed on SAS.
    Still no images and URLs redirect to ReStockit homepage. Over 50,000 dysfunctional product pages here.

Ok,

We took the data feed up a notch....

http://www.andyrodriguez.com/merchan...i-sas-feed.zip

1) It's already encoded with SAS tracking link.
    2) You need to insert a valid SAS affiliate ID to test it and tomake sure it tracks to your website.

We have combed through this massive feed, all looks good on my end. Have we missed anything?

We have combed through this massive feed, all looks good on my end. Have we missed anything?
    It looks real good and I have it up and happily showing images. Links work and all is good!

One tiny thing is that there are a number of duplicate SKUs that I had to eliminate. The only way I know is with ASAP utility add on to Excel. The problem is my little 512mg memory took forever. This was the same the last time, and maybe the creator of the feed could eliminate them easier on his end. I don't want to sound like a whiner since I'm real happy with it.

Also there are vast numbers of back orders in the feed. I don't use that but can there really be that many. It looks like half the skus.

Have we missed anything?
    Well I noticed I don't have any Tabletop categories, and it seem like I lost them importing in to Excel. I could load straight into mysql but the duplicates would not work on my present input scrip. The sku's need to be unique for that.

So at least I'm 90% there and will have to do some head scratching unless someone fires in a hot tip.

OK I'm seeing this feed as truncated at the tail end off the Office category with all of the Tabletop category missing. It looks like whoever built the feed stopped at the Excel limit. I have viewed the file in 3 different text editors and Excel and it's just not there. Does anyone else see this or am I the only one using the full feed?

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread