If I had to Start from Scratch my Business I would...
    If you had to start your affiliate business completely from scratch again..

Would you build Datafeed websites, and rely on search engine traffic and ppc?

Would you build regular sites with blogs

Would you build just blogs?

thanks everyone for your input in advance.
    Last edited by Morethanable; August 18th, 2006 at 12:08 PM. Reason: change title

ABW Ambassador
    I would have spent way more time researching and reading through the posts here at ABW. It would have saved me from starting down several wrong roads. In fact, today Andy alone has given us all at least enough reading and researching ideas for a month of Sundays.

Goodluck!
    CanadianDave

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave
    I would have spent way more time researching and reading through the posts here at ABW. It would have saved me from starting down several wrong roads. In fact, today Andy alone has given us all at least enough reading and researching ideas for a month of Sundays.

Goodluck!
    CanadianDave
    Dave,

Come to one of my seminars, you will leave with your head spinning 360's for days... we go for 3 full days of "affiliate marketing 101" and some ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    I don't mean to hijack your thread Morethanable but...

Andy have you ever considered running a semminar up here in Canada? I bet you would be surprised how many AM's live North of the border!

CanadianDave

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave
    I don't mean to hijack your thread Morethanable but...

Andy have you ever considered running a semminar up here in Canada? I bet you would be surprised how many AM's live North of the border!

CanadianDave
    In the works for 2007 ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    I look forward to it!

need to get me to one of those.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Canada? oooooooooooooo
    I am seriously considering it both for me as an affiliate and also for a little niche shop I took online that would like to grow. If it's in the spring, I might just be able to swing it.

work it work it!!!!
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I wouldn't change much. I'm very satisfied with the directions I took.

Some things I would do differently:

1) I would have started using databases much sooner.
    2) I would have automated more.
    3) I would have got into PPC sooner.
    4) I would have diversified sooner.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Starting again from scratch
    Why not do them all? Starting a business should not be a choice of one thing or the other. It's not that black and white. A good business creator / manager diversifies on many levels.

Some marketing strategies return more ROI than others. But added up, they all count. For anyone to put all their eggs in one basket is a recipe for failure in business, be it online OR offline.

One strategy may give me a 15% ROI and another 200%,but I don't scrap the 15%er because it does not perform as well as the 200%er - especially if the 15% is a known return that has long term possibilities.

A real life example: PPC has always done very well for the various businesses we run. In some cases, a four year average 500% ROI. However, as evidenced by recent changes at Google, one cannot count on a given "big producer today" search engine as the sole source of revenue generation. Ask anyone who was around when ppc was next to free!

One thing is a constant in business: it is always changing!! Products change, technology changes, media changes, marketing changes and everything else as well. Natural search is a long term resource. ppc is a quick fix. In between there are many - many other options and each should be considered as a small part of the big picture.

Best Of Luck
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    "I wouldn't change much."

How about the domain name, one without a dash. I think when I first heard your site I typed in http://www.amazingbargains.com

So it's gotta be hard for offline advertising type of stuff.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread