Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ZZOUNDS.. anyone making money with them?
    I have been with them a while and made a little here and there nothing to boast about.. or quit your job over..

anyone making any money promoting them ? Do you recommend a different music affiliate..

doesnt seem to be a great market to be in, what do you think?

Cool
    remember that musicians/bands don't necessarily earn a whole lot for the time they put in, consequently they don't have a lot of spendable cash.

also, they'll buy on the used market when they can . . .

Incidentally, the program manager for zZounds visits here periodically.

They also have a program by another name in Shareasale. Same TOS, which really should be read carefully as it is a little picky.

For some reason I can't see many searches coming to my instrument pages.

musicians seem to do a whole lot of browsing and researching. if you can catch them at the bottom of the purchase funnel you could do well?
    Last edited by Zdig; August 18th, 2006 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    Incidentally, the program manager for zZounds visits here periodically.
    and will be in Chicago for our AMC III seminar this weekend ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Then why are they considered a 5 star program?
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dpl882
    http://www.5 star affiliate programs.com/
    in there as zZounds.com and in SAS under another domain name.

They are with SAS? What is their name there?

I guess the question to be asked is..

Who really buys Large Music Equipment online? and if so where?

Usually myself i go DIRECTLY to ebay not through a review site.
    Or I go directly to Music Sites I know ZZOUNDS, GUitar Center without going through a site

Usually if its a brand new guitar I would never buy that online.. Only through a store where I can go play it and take it back if troubles occur but thats me

people buy anything online now, including the kitchen sink. (i bought a kitchen sink online)

Cool
    They are with SAS? What is their name there?

samedaymusic.com

ABW Ambassador
    "Do you recommend a different music affiliate.."

I have a section for that type of stuff, doesn't get a heap of traffic but this has done the best for me out of all of them:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/
    Dude. That link is a search site with PPC adds. How are you suppose to judget that if the owner is making PPC $ and not ranking aff programs?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Do you recommend a different music affiliate.."

I have a section for that type of stuff, doesn't get a heap of traffic but this has done the best for me out of all of them:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/
    Yup.
    music123.com
    Met him at the Linkshare symposium. Cannot tell you more than that cos I do not know about his program or how he runs it

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Dude. That link is a search site with PPC adds. How are you suppose to judget that if the owner is making PPC $ and not ranking aff programs?
    PPC ads? I don't see any affiliate id's, even in the source code.

samedaymusic.com
    They told me that they share the same warehouse, but are 2 different companies.

perhaps for some legal purpose, but their TOS and manager's name are the same.

I haven't made penny number one from zZounds, and I built a site for them. But some design flaw is probably keeping the visitors away.

PPC ads? I don't see any affiliate id's, even in the source code.
    Sorry. It must have been really early.
    I pulled the link and it was one of the websites that I mentioned in this thread http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77226

ABW Ambassador
    They just showed up at CJ.

I thought Mike was more careful than that.

And he attended Andy's Chicago seminar?

Affiliate Manager
    I thought Mike was more careful than that.
    And he attended Andy's Chicago seminar?
    Wow, where have I been? And why aren't my Google Alerts working??

Sorry I hadn't been here earlier to answer any of your questions yet, but I'm here now-- gladly!

zZounds.com went live with CommissionJunction this afternoon after much hard work. We joined CommissionJunction to offer more software and reporting options to our existing zZounds affiliates and to connect with a wider base of affiliate partners.

Was CJ our first choice? Our in-house program remains our primary focus with our affiliate partners. We will continue to drive our affiliate program through our in-house system and develop tools and technologies based on the feedback we get from our close-knit team of affiliates. To complement this, CJ was the right choice to continue to grow our program.

With LMI now reduced to an option and HTML saved --much thanks to the power of ABW-- CJ can help zZounds continue its growth as the premiere option for any affiliate wanting to get involved with the music gear niche.

zZounds enters CommissionJunction optimistically, but not without caution. As Andy Rodriguez mentioned, I attended his recent Affiliate Manager Certification seminar and witnessed firsthand many of the horrors that go on in networks like CJ-- thanks to the eye-opening, jaw-dropping presentation by ABW's own Kellie of AffiliateFairPlay. She's aware of our stance on scumware, even though I promised her to keep my story about ipods and ebates between her and I... If something doesn't look right, I know exactly who to call-- AFP.

For affiliates who prefer ShareASale, I am proud to manage the SameDayMusic.com affiliate program which is available via ShareASale and in-house. Brian, Carolyn, and the rest of the team at ShareASale has been an amazing asset to SameDayMusic, and I'm excited to continue to grow SameDayMusic in the SAS network. Besides, I'm close enough to bug Brian for lunch every once in a while, he's just a block-and-a-half away from my office

zZounds.com has ran an affiliate program since 1999, SameDayMusic launched in 2004. This year, we decided to offer more software options to their affiliates while maintaining the strength of their in-house programs. I can't tell you how happy I am for SameDayMusic to be a part of ShareASale. Also, I am excited to now be able to offer zZounds to CJ publishers as well.

Any questions? Give me a call, an email, an instant message. If any of you haven't already given zZounds.com or SameDayMusic.com a shot, just know we have a special place in our hearts (and our pockets!) for ABestWeb affiliates...

-Mike Payne-
    Affiliate Manager
    zZounds.com | SameDayMusic.com
    affiliate@zzounds.com | affiliate@samedaymusic.com
    AIM: GearAffiliate
    312.276.0180 xt 21

Morethanable, Herb ԿԬ -- We should talk. I'm confident I can help you both really rock with zZounds.

So what site converts better??? zzounds or samedaymusic

I would like to know as that would determine who i go with

Affiliate Manager
    Hey MoreThanAble,
    I'm surprised I'm not asked this question more often, what an important one it is. Kudos

The short answer-- conversions are neck-and-neck for the most part, with some discrepancies.

The long answer-- depending on the affiliate site audience, conversions can vary. Brand recognition is one factor among many which has an effect on this...

Here's why:
    zZounds was the first musical instrument retailer on the web, starting in 1996, and has serviced over 500,000 customers since then. That said, zZounds has a more recognizable name than SameDayMusic, which was launched in 2003. However, the brand name SameDayMusic is more descriptive, and thus converts better to those that are fresh to both brands.

If you run a shopping mall site, SameDayMusic's descriptive name would outperform zZounds if the shopper is new to both sites.

If you run a site with musician traffic, your audience should recognize the zZounds brand.

--------------

On average, SameDayMusic has a very slight edge on conversions, but zZounds has a slightly higher average order amount. Give me a call or shoot me an email/IM, we'll take a look at your site and I can help you choose which merchant is right for you.

-Mike Payne-
    Affiliate Manager

One more thing-- SameDayMusic underwent a site-wide redesign a few weeks ago, and we're still digging through the performance reports to see how positive the effect on conversions turned out.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    SameDay is at SAS. In my opinion, there's reasons for domain bound affiliates to choose SAS over others if all else is basically equal. These reasons include difficulty in policing elsewhere and things like norton affecting cookies and banners elsewhere. My view is strong preference for SAS, but there's certainly affiliates who would feel otherwise.

I hang out with musicians and none that I asked knew zzounds - but I only asked 4 and they're all stoners - so I'm quite sure the AM knows better than I do about their brand names strength, but I would say there's not a huge difference and his reply here seems to say the nearly same thing.

I met Mike Payne in Chicago recently and spent enough time getting to know him that I can easily recommend him as an AM. He's honest, experienced and knowledgable. Which ever brand you pick, I think you'll do well with him in the AM seat.

Sell a ton!

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    SameDay is at SAS. In my opinion, there's reasons for domain bound affiliates to choose SAS over others if all else is basically equal. These reasons include difficulty in policing elsewhere and things like norton affecting cookies and banners elsewhere. My view is strong preference for SAS, but there's certainly affiliates who would feel otherwise.
    Great point Donuts-- no one can argue with this, especially in light of Edelman's recent research into AV's blocking network cookies. Shareasale's cookies weren't touched, another great reason for affiliates to partner with ShareASale.

Also, both zZounds and SameDayMusic run in-house programs as well, based on custom software developed internally. Our in-house cookies won't be touched by Anti-Virus Software. In-house, we track 800# phone sales as well...

I hang out with musicians and none that I asked knew zzounds - but I only asked 4 and they're all stoners
    Laughing. So. Hard.

I met Mike Payne in Chicago recently and spent enough time getting to know him that I can easily recommend him as an AM. He's honest, experienced and knowledgable. Which ever brand you pick, I think you'll do well with him in the AM seat.
    Thanks for the kind words, Donuts-- you're one heck of a marketer and a great pool partner as well. We'll have to pick up where we left off this coming November in Vegas Until then, I'm excited to start working with you soon. I'd be honoroed!!

-Mike Payne-
    Affiliate Manager

zzounds converts good, I vouch for it, I used to make around 10k/month with them in the good 'ol days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast