ABW Ambassador
    Todd's Replacement Leaving Too
    "Lisa Riolo long-time Commission Junction veteran, who was named senior vice president of business development at the network last spring (replacing Todd Crawford) has announced she is leaving CJ as of September 1, 2006."

On her MySpace Blog she also has:

August 7th blog:
    Sometimes you just know

It's time for a change

Monday, August 14, 2006

How to e x p a n d your world

q u i t y o u r j o b.

I just did.

http://www.revenuetoday.com/blogs/index.php

Holy Crap....Who will be left?

I've seen her as a no BS person who is about getting the job done....this will be a huge loss for CJ following the loss of both Todd and Jeff.

Is there a list anywhere of the key personnel that have left CJ anywhere?

Like I have been saying, I think all of what is happening at CJ is directly a result of the upper management at ValueClick. I mean, we all know CJ would not have gone and changed their successful network to just JS links for no reason at all. It was VC buying up a smaller company and using it for their own means. I speculated there was trouple in the management offices when Todd and the other guy left. Now I'm pretty sure.

Can't you just image how all those orignal CEO's at CJ must feel watching VC tear down all their hard work in just a few months? It must be a horrible feeling for them.

Wonder what network we will see Lisa pop up at soon?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Why blame Valueclick? Did Valueclick f#ck up BeFree or did the old guard from CJ f#ck it up?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

CJ may have F'ed up BF (which still ain't gone and I doubt will 100% be) but VCLK did F*** Up CJ and 99% of that [CJ] is gone, from GUI to Management and that, indeed .... is F'ed up.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I wonder if Lisa was a big supporter of LMI? And I wonder if it is possible that b/c it's been backsliding, that she feels the need to get out while she still can? Probably way off base, but thought I'd throw it out there.

What a difference in two years.

At CJU 04, Todd had said "..not a damn thing" in regards to changes after the VC merger and Lisa was mainly thinking about the opening of Ladder 49.

Tuan

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've pretty much jumped that ship now, so they can feel free to Titanicize the rest of the way.

I'm not happy about what's happening to "my CJ" at all. But something (I think it was the new terms) told me last year to start building a raft...and I couldn't see going to some other network just to have another steaming helping a few years later.

Looks like a bit of a CJ exodus...

15 years and counting
    All these idiots with a big position at ValueClick pushing these crazy changes don't have to deal with both merchants and affiliates like Lisa Riolo. They hide in their big offices. They don't even have the class to resign after such a failure.
    No job is worth the hassle to work with an idiotic management. I wish her the best.

Nice since she was recently profiled in Revenue about taking over the job of Todd.

I've learned something about Revenue, once they talk about something, lately, it falls apart not long after print time. (Although in their defense, their gambling issue (2nd issue) is the only reason I have a roof over my head right now. Nothing to do with SAS, CJ, or anything, just them pushing the idea of online gambling affiliation).

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by blizzard
    What year! First the CJ CEO and Todd, then the merchants and affiliates start dropping out and now more folks at CJ (the few we know of).

This is nothing new and happens in big companies all the time. The difference with VC and CJ is it was done all wrong and has actually hurt both companies instead of making them both stronger. Little overall impact on VC as they have broad base and CJ is just a small piece of their overall revenue pie, but it is very sad to see such a huge piece of the CJ pie fall off the plate.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by blizzard
    I'm wondering the same, BUT... Is it a "Let my people go" or a "We're sorry, but we'll have to let you go" thing?
    The biggest blow would've been if eBay finally decided to go indie. Which is just a matter of time anyway, but would've happen earlier thanks to "the initiative".

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I wonder if ValueClick is moving CJ into a pure CPA network. Does anyone run CPA offers and would you use javascript?

ABW Ambassador
    What's pure CPA mean? They are already an affiliate network with cost per action offers. People were thinking they were moving towards Adsense since that's who they mentioned as competition and who uses JS. More per click kind of stuff.

At my office there has been an ongoing argument that all affiliate networks are CPA networks. If you define CPA as cost per action or aquisition then you can easily lump affiliates into CPA.

My point is, if it is an offers network only then does that shift it away from promoting products into just promoting offers? The differnce between posting offers to affiliates versus having datafeeds, product links, etc.

ABW Ambassador
    "If you define CPA as cost per action or aquisition then you can easily lump affiliates into CPA"

Yep, that's the definition. In CJ you can pick a merchant to check out the terms and they have it listed as Action and that Action could be a sale, a lead, whatever. I think we get too much into that, the names for them. Affiliate network, CPA network etc. If the thinking was that they were moving CJ into more like a "CPA network" then I would say no. CJ would still have products and the same stuff they have now. I think they wanted to add a little more "Adsense type" stuff. When LMI came out someone linked to an old thread where CJ had an Adsense like CJ ad. Maybe that is something they will offer merchants in the future, contextual pay per click stuff. Who knows.

From the "CPA networks" I've seen, I can't use most of them since I use merchants that actually sell stuff. So maybe they're CPA Limited Networks or Affiliate Networks Lite with better payouts on offers. I don't know

Never mind, its been a long weekend, 24 hours in the car with the kids. I retract my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy
    I've learned something about Revenue, once they talk about something, lately, it falls apart not long after print time.

Best laugh I've had all week! lol
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Sometimes it even happens on the way to the printer I've seen.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Sometimes it even happens on the way to the printer I've seen.
    lol.. soooo true. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? I have to admit, tho.. I still really enjoy reading it and pretty much dissect every page.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread