Need Newsletter Program (not software)
    Hey everyone,

After attending Affiliate Summit, I decided to get my Helping Moms newsletter up and running again. For about a year I had been running a $50 newsletter script on my server. Once I got to about 6000 members, it started flipping out on me and crashing my server.

I think that I would like to use a newsletter service this time instead of running it from my own server. I talked to a couple of people at Affiliate Summit and am not sold that they have what I need. Does anyone have any suggestions (or run yourself) this kind of service? I'm not as concerned about the metrics like how many people opened the email as I am about a good reputation from the service. We have never allowed any spam to go out to our mailing list and I do not want it to get into the wrong hands.

TIA
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    also look at www.aweber.com

Note - you can import you current list right into Vertical Response, but Aweber requires that all of your current subscribers re-opt-in to your list before you can mail them.

One feature I like a lot with Aweber is that you can set up your RSS feed for your visitors to opt-in to receive the blog posts by e-mail.

Have you tried Campaign Monitor? It's quite easy to manage and the fees are very reasonable.

The reports for tracking your campaigns are also very helpful.

Regards.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Use Excel to send email to Excel-based address lists... http://www.bigredconsulting.com/aboutemailmanager.htm

Turns Excel into an email client for sending newsletters or other updates to names lists such as customers or prospective customers.

Each email address receives an individually addressed email.

Sends both HTML & plain text email for an optimal customer experience.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Use Excel to send email to Excel-based address lists... http://www.bigredconsulting.com/aboutemailmanager.htm

Turns Excel into an email client for sending newsletters or other updates to names lists such as customers or prospective customers.

Each email address receives an individually addressed email.

Sends both HTML & plain text email for an optimal customer experience.
    Did not know that people are able to reverse engineer excel and plug in a program to work with it. neat! I heard alot of good things about vertical response but it does get expensive if you have a few 100k emails.

Thus, companies like verticalresponse charges by the month and give you a monthly quota..

all the best

Thanks for all of the feedback on this. I would really like to get my Moms Tips mailings going again after the first of the year. They are not a big money maker for me, but it is a part of the job that I really enjoy. But I do NOT enjoy when my whole server gets locked up because my email list is too big for it!

I know...that's a whole 'nother problem in itself. At any rate, thank you for all of the helpful suggestions!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread