View Poll Results: How long is CJ Support (AAQ) taking to answer your questions?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • One Day

2 9.52%
  • Two Days

5 23.81%
  • Three Days

1 4.76%
  • Less than one week

3 14.29%
  • 1-2 weeks

7 33.33%
  • 3 weeks or more

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How long is CJ support (AAQ) taking to answer your questions?
    A few weeks ago CJ support was running weeks behind in answering support questions and as I have one now going into its sixth day I was wondering if it is just me or is everyone having the same problems. Thought a poll might give a better visual representation.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I just love it when you submit the support ticket and get the automated message they will respond within 72 hours. Then the very next day you get a second automated email letting you know they have not forgotten about you and you should get a response in 24 hours.

Then they forget about you for weeks....
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    I had the same experience. After I received a second email, I called them and let them know that I need the answer before certain time. The rep said she will pass my request to the tech support dept. Two days later, I got the response.

Heading into day seven now with no response on my current support ticket...

Anyone else want to respond to the poll?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Heading into day seven now with no response on my current support ticket...

Anyone else want to respond to the poll?
    You forgot an important option:

Give it up

I used to query on their support system but some of those questions I'll take with me to the grave.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Well, a couple of months ago I actually did send in a support ticket to let them know they closed a ticket that was not yet fully answered. At that time I told them to just go ahead and close the other one that had been unanswered for a couple of weeks.

It was that and this recent support ticket that led me to posting this poll as I was wondering if only I was having all this bad luck getting answers or if it is everyone. If it is everyone, then I think Merchants need to put a little heat on CJ to get some more help in the AAQ deparment as this is putting a bad light on them as well.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Sent CJ a second support ticket today a week after the first unanswered one, starting it off with Request #2. Got the usual canned response:
    Thank you for contacting Commission Junction. This is an e-mail confirmation regarding the incident you entered into our system. Incident specifics are as follows...

08/22/2006 11:45 AM
    Request #2: Please explain [blah, blah, blah] about merchant offer.

You should expect a response from Commission Junction within 72 hours. You can check the status of this incident by selecting the "Contact Us" link on the upper right side of the account manager interface, then choosing the "Go" link in the "Check Question Status" area.
    I'm guessing tomorrow I will get the canned email that says I have not been forgotten and should hear something within 24 hours. Any bets?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

sucker bet
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Its been 10 days for me and have still not heard anything
    I have had the same experience with mulitple questions. It's no better when you call them. The people there now, do not seem to have a clue what they are talking about. Commission Junction Sucks! Bring back the old management! Bring back the internet I used to know and love that was not just page after page of useless google ads. Pages that actually had some content! Bring back the old Google that actually indexed pages normally like the rest of the search engines still do. What is the world coming to when you type in "Fried Egg" and you get.........

Looking for women's clothing? Whether its fitness apparel,...
    www.ebay.com

What a friggin joke!!!

Sorry, I will try to contain myself now.........

Heading into my 9th day without response to my first AAQ request, 2 days on my second.

Like I said above, the first request I got a second email saying they had not forgotten me and would respond in 24 hours. That was 7 days ago.

If the folks at CJ support are this overworked (I hope that is why we are being ignored), then CJ management needs to step up to the plate and get involved. A friendly post here, just to let us know they are indeed working on support questions would do a world of good for their sagging PR.

Can someone from CJ please PM me and let me know what is going on. I will keep it in confidence (like I did for the poor support folks at LS during Athena last year). If I personally had any inkling of what was going on, I would be a lot more understanding and patient.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

This could be part of the reason CJ support is having such a hard time responding to support tickets is they are short staffed are now hiring. Of course, any new hires are not going to know the answers, which means slower response time. I wonder just how short handed they are if it is presently taking 1-3 weeks to answer support questions.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; August 24th, 2006 at 03:01 PM.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Well, like clockwork (duh, computer program set to respond exactly 48 hours after you submit a suppor ticket) I get this message to my second, unanswered support request at CJ:

Hello,

This message is to let you know that Commission Junction has not forgotten your question and is still working to provide you with an answer. Although it is not always possible, we hope to respond within the next 24 hours! Thanks for your patience. You may also call Client Support at 1-800-761-1072 and reference this incident number. Please have your account number ready when you call.

Sincerely,
    Commission Junction Client Support
    Has anyone gotten a response from the support folks in the last seven days?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

12 days without an answer from support. I think I am duely being ignored or there is nobody working in support anymore. Has anyone else submitted a AAQ since the 18th and received an answer?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    Ron - 12 days without an answer from support. I think I am duely being ignored or there is nobody working in support anymore.
    They are all working for Value Click Media, getting these new ads...
    Ron, you should know by now, what do you expect from AAQ at CJ? You saw the recruitment ad in the newspaper. The guy who will answer you is so new he doesn't even know what LMI is.
    Either call one of your contacts, ask Scott Jangro, or maybe somebody at ABW can answer your question.
    12 days, I hope it was not urgent...

No, not urgent, just pointing out how slow they are and what a problem it is or may be for affiliates/merchants considering CJ. This kind of delay, especially when they send out automated emails telling submitters to expect a reply in just a few days is just poor business when it actually takes two-three days to get a response. Plus, I think the above poll shows just how late CJ can and is in responding.

Either CJ should respond in a few days or change their automated message to say it will take a few weeks (which has been the norm for me lately).
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    They used to answer pretty fast, less than 24H. But it's like everything, who is in charge, now? I'm sure they have a lot of angry affiliates and they don't fight to get the job anymore. They are following the same trail than LinkShare.

Finance Staff
    I have submitted a question since 17th August and until now nada. Is there someone in the finance department that you know that I can call regarding my payment because the front desk doesn't know anything except to say that my payment was approved and deducted from my balance but haven't sent yet.

You can call the 800 number in the AAQ automated response and talk to a live person, but acording to another poster here, that has not been very helpful.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Manager Heidi Sturrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    You can call the 800 number in the AAQ automated response and talk to a live person, but acording to another poster here, that has not been very helpful.
    I hear this over and over from many people. If CJ is listening, they would hire more polished, experienced, and most importantly, KNOWLEDGEABLE customer and technical support staff.

Well, and this is pure speculation, it could be that after the implementation of LMI that the support people simply became overwhelmed with more work than they could handle or became disgruntled because of the sheer number of negative support tickets and calls that were coming in. One has to guess it was not a very good time to be working in their department.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I know CJ has other issues and problems they are trying to fix today, but for the record my unanswered support ticket from August 16th has now entered into week three.

Somehow, I have a feeling I'll be back here in a week reporting it's now in week four.

This is so sad to see CJ deteriate like this. Their support department used to be the best before ValueClick took over and started changing things. I always got a response in 72 hours or less. Granted, I only sent in about 10-12 requests a year, but that was my experience year after year.

Looking at the poll above, it appears that 67% of support tickets now take more than 72 hours, so it's not just me that is having that problem. Obviously CJ needs to change their automated messages.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; August 30th, 2006 at 07:32 PM.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

You won't fricken believe this! 16 days after I submitted a support ticket to AAQ, even emailed a CJ CEO who said he would pass on word of my delays to the manager of that department, you won't believe what happened. I got a response. Problem is, it was far from what I expected. Read it and weep:

Discussion Thread
    Response (Commission Junction Client Support) 09/01/2006 11:02 AM
    Dear Commission Junction Client,

You recently submitted an incident regarding the CJ Marketplace. We are sorry that we were unable to resolve your particular incident in a timely fashion. If you feel this issue still needs resolution please reply to this e-mail or log into your CJ Account Manager™, access the “Ask A Question” option from the “Contact Us” link and update this issue and we will get back to you in 72 hours.
    So basically what this message tells me is CJ is just ignoring support tickets hoping we forget about them and after 16 days if you are still interested, they want you to start the cycle again with another request. Problem is, I did that exact thing nine days ago and today I got the same response as above on that support ticket.

The worst part is I went to the merchant first who could not anser my question, actually the owner of the merchant company. I then contacted CJ support and went through all this crap. Now I have to go back to the merchant and tell him that CJ is just ignoring me. Bet he will be really happy to hear about the wonderful service he is paying for and not getting for his affiliates.

Well, I will reopen the ticket and see if they really do respond in 72 hours as they say they will.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I have had the exact same experience Ron. Just got the same e-mail saying my support ticket was closed without resolution and I should re-open if it is still an issue. I'm asking for datafeeds to be added to my feed file, of course the problem isn't going to %$F#&!! go away.

Ron ... I'm afraid that CJ has read the same article I saw in Wired magazine a couple of months ago - their solution to overwhelming email was to declare 'email bankrupsy' - send a form 'so sorry email - please send again if this is still a problem' and then dump all of the backlogged email and start over, hopefully able to keep up with it this time or ...

Charles

Well, I reopened my ticket and told them just how frustrated I was with CJ Support. At the same time I wrote a certain CJ CEO have made contact with and he said he would look into it. Less than two hours later I had a response.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast