Is WebMerge the product I want?
    I'm looking for a complete turnkey system that will do the following:
    • Automatically import data feed files into a mySQL database from various vendors; mostly CJ.com affiliates
    • Automatically generate an online store that will include all products from various vendors
    • Provide the ability to sort products in various ways (categories, vendors, price, etc.)
    • Allow some level of basic templating - header, footer, text fonts and link colors perhaps via some basic CSS
    Does WebMerge do all of this out of the box? If not, are there other products that can interract with WebMerge in order to pull this off? TIA!

Affiliate Manager
    WebMerge generates static HTML pages from any delimited columnar source, such as the exported contents of databases and spreadsheets. Pages are created from templates you can make with your favorite HTML editor, using placeholder tags to tell WebMerge which field goes where in the template.

If you're using MySQL to generate dynamic pages, I'm not sure what WebMerge could do to help that. We do have some customers who use WebMerge to generate static pages to compliment dynamically-generated pages, and there appears to be some literature in the SEO world supporting static pages for SERP value. I'm no SEO expert myself, so I'd have to refer you to the many pros here for opinions on the relative value of static vs dynamic pages.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone
    I'm looking for a complete turnkey system that will do the following:
    • Automatically import data feed files into a mySQL database from various vendors; mostly CJ.com affiliates
    • Automatically generate an online store that will include all products from various vendors
    • Provide the ability to sort products in various ways (categories, vendors, price, etc.)
    • Allow some level of basic templating - header, footer, text fonts and link colors perhaps via some basic CSS
    Does WebMerge do all of this out of the box? If not, are there other products that can interract with WebMerge in order to pull this off? TIA!
    It sounds like PHP might be a better solution than WM. As WM is usually on the receiveing end of the MySQL database, rather than generating the database.

It is also possible to have a hybrid of WebMerge and PHP.

Fred

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread