Complete TURNKEY Data Feed --> Online Store Solution?
    I'm looking for a complete turnkey system that will do the following:
    • Automatically import data feed files into a mySQL database from various vendors; mostly CJ.com affiliates
    • Automatically generate an online store that will include all products from various vendors
    • Provide the ability to sort products in various ways (categories, vendors, price, etc.); search functionality
    • Allow some level of basic templating - header, footer, text fonts and link colors perhaps via some basic CSS
    • Good SEO functionality
    Are there any products out there that accomplish this out of the box?

Bump

I'm not providing a recommendation as I don't use them, but you might look at the Datafeedfile forum here and see if it comes close to what you are looking for.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I saw that. It might be worth a try...

It still amazes me that someone hasn't come out with a decent turnkey system for this yet. I'd have to imagine one could charge $100-$200 for a well-done product...

Have you looked at webmerge?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Alpine - I think many of us have come up with our own solutions. But the value of the programing is worth much more than $100 based on what these sites earn.

I find it hard to belive that anyone with something that works and earns money is going to share.

I was considering building a system that would allow datafeed uploads and generate a complete website that could be zipped up and downloaded. The file could be transfered, unzipped and you would have a complete website.

I do not know if there would be any interest in that or how I would make money off it unless I change some of the affiliate ids to my own like goldencan. Of course then people could just change them back to theirs.

How do people sucker newbies into things like goldencan? If I could figure that out, then I could build a good online service to build finished websites.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone
    It still amazes me that someone hasn't come out with a decent turnkey system for this yet. I'd have to imagine one could charge $100-$200 for a well-done product...
    $100-$200 for what you're talking about is a *very* good price. This sort of technology is very valuable and you'll have a difficult time finding something that gives you 100% of the revenue it generates. That's why there's GoldenCan and DatafeedFile. There's always Creloaded, Price Tapestry or Kaon's Price Comparison Script though.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by pageBuzz.com
    How do people sucker newbies into things like goldencan? If I could figure that out, then I could build a good online service to build finished websites.
    Since my programming skills could use lots of improvement, I guess you could call me a "newbie."

I have not used Goldencan yet, but I am considering it and I read posts that refer to it either directly or tangently.
    I might be one to "jump into" forum conversations, but when money is on the line I take my time and think things over (I like to analyze details).

I still work on my sites the way I know how to, but I am always interested in learning more.

As for what could "sucker" me "into things like goldencan" I'll tell you:

• I've heard good things/interesting things about Goldencan from a broad and diverse mix of people
    • The Free on the 4th Click deal between the Merchant and Goldencan could entice me
    • I always ask merchants (and often I will ask the same question in a variety of ways to pin down the answer I am looking for) "is there a fee or is it free?
    • If a merchant boasts about being on Goldencan *but* the service is NOT free of the 4th click, I would walk away.
    • Goldencan seems to be a method to integrate many products onto a webpage with a minimal amount of coding and it doesn't require a webmaster like myself to understand the intricacies of data feeds -- it seems like a good way to add variety to a page/site if added "the right way." There is obviously a right way to incorporate Goldencan into a site, but the wrong way for a webmaster would be just to make millions of pages from the Goldencan script without adding any other value to the pages.

It appears as if there are a number of webmasters who have made money with Goldencan, so don't be so quick to dismiss it as a "sucker program."
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by pageBuzz.com

Boy, you sure are making the rounds at the various threads today bad mouthing a good program and the people who use it. Good way to win friends and influince people. (NOT)

Sorry that other people with less education, experience and skills don't live up to your high expectations.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Goldencan is an easy solution to plug into content pages discretely and show highly relevant ads w/o to much fuss from SE's. There are prlenty of free merchants on Goldencan so the only suckers would be the newbie merchants....LOL...
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

alpinezone, your search is not complete, you need to look inward and deeper.
    HTH
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    Goldencan is an easy solution to plug into content pages discretely and show highly relevant ads w/o to much fuss from SE's. There are plenty of free merchants on Goldencan so the only suckers would be the newbie merchants....LOL...
    Suzigeek, I like the way you think
    Last edited by Rhia7; August 31st, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Danka
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

DataFeedFile.com provide datafeed solution you are looking for
    AlpineZone,

DataFeedFile.com provide turn-key datafeed solution for your website. We even provide a way for your to have a Price comparison shopping engine on your site.

check it out here:
    http://www.datafeedfile.com/examples/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone
    I think you might want to revisit your imagination. There is no such thing as a "turnkey" solution that is simple to make. It takes tens of thousands of dollars and many months of time.

We charge 5000GBP, just under $10,000 for what you ask for and even then it is less than the cost of making it all yourself by the time you finished messing with all the unknown problems you just don't think of.

Whilst the 1 in 4 clicks from datafeed file is a lot, when you consider how much cost it is to make something like that at least you understand why, but it is what it is, it will always remain a hosted service of some description, you will never own it.

As for pricetapestry and kaon scripts they are just basic php scripts with limitations, whilst most opt for them they keep spending and spending either in time or money and it wouldnt suprise me if people end up spending thousands in the long run on them. If you havent the skills to begin with then i would suggest the datafeedfile service would be an excellent first choice.

Regards

I'm working on this problem
    hello.
    in the last month i've get into this
    datafeeds worlds and the first thing i did is to search a generic solution to build online catalog that feet not only to one merchent. i didnt found any good solution - there are several products but most of them very limited, so if you want online catalog that worksd with different kinds of datafeed - there is no complete solution for that.
    so, in the last two month i'm developing asp.net solution for this problem (in my afterwork time). there is a lot of work, i can tell you that. i can also tell you that the biggest 2 problem is:
    1. there is so much datafeeds out there.. and each have different scheme. i deal with it with the plugin pattern (for each feed you need to develop different plugin, dll that know how to read the feed scheme and extract it to the catalog database. take a note that after you develop plugin for CJ for example, you can use it with all the CJ comptible feeds.
    2. the category mapping - i explain:
    each record in the datafeed contains the category name. this name can be different in your site. for example: you get a datafeed from store called diamond4U.com. in this feed there is product called BigRing num. 2 and the category name is: "Rings-->Big Rings".
    in your catalog you want that all the rings will be under "Gifts for Womans".
    so the application shuld know that the datafeed category "Rings-->Big Rings" is mapped to your category "Gifts for Womans". this is big problem.
    the solution i use is to manually map the datafeed categories to my categories. this is not the best solution but i didnt find somthing better for now.
    as you can see, this is lot of work and i hope that i will finish it someday in the next month..

eraniopub

That is not strictly true to be honest, we have a working data feed management utilitly with multiple mapping options and over 500 functions and automatic data normalisation routines with an almost truly universal data feed parser (100% with network feeds).

It probably would even far exceed what you are probably looking for hence the 5K GBP price tag on it. I do not think that these things do not exist, we for one provide software to global affiliate networks but i do think that the huge amount of work that has to go into it to meet the demands of an affiliate almost prices the software out of the market to begin with.

If you would like a demo then feel free to ding me on msn messenger, mattyabsley at hotmail.com and we can fix a time so i can take you through it all, though even if i rush it will take about 3 hours.

With reference to your two biggest problems, without sounding critical i can tell you that these two "problems" are probably the smallest of your problems, i think once you truly get into it 8-9 months plus you will see many many more problems that you probably could not believe right now.

Hope that helps

DataFeedFile.com will release TurnKey solution by end of Oct 2006
    AlpineZone,

DFF is developing a fully ready, turnkey, domain mapable price comparison shopping web site. Yes, you can modify the header, footer, enter your own google ads, etc...

Project completion ETA: End of Oct 2006.

I am not sure what your time frame is, but DataFeedFile.com is currently working on a Fully Ready and Developed web sites using our current business model.

We have created and have signed up some partners at our parent company PriceComparison.com. Here are some sample sites:

Costs.com (Price Comparison Shopping)
    WakWeb.com (Search Engine)
    Upholding.com (Search Engine)
    PriceBud.com (Search Engine)
    Yudie G (Personal Shopping Site)
    ClkStar.com (Price comparison shopping)

This is the page which talks about the PriceComparison.com partnership site:

http://www.pricecomparison.com/partnershipsites.php

DataFeedFile.com TurnKey solution will look very similar, a bit more advanced, but most importantly will be based on your direct relationship with the affiliate networks and merchants.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread