Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blueprint for Profitability
    Did anyone see the Blueprint for Profitability program being offered in the message section at CJ? Seems CJ is offering a series of online programs to help publishers earn more. Problem is, publishers have to pay $99.00 to attend each of the five sessions. Boy, is that going to turn folks, expecially newbies, away.

Frankly, Haiko has provided us ABW, from which I bet 90% of this information can be obtained for for the low, low cost of $0.00

Anyone know who this Jeremy Palmer is?

Introducing the Blueprint for Profitability Program

Commission Junction has partnered with Jeremy Palmer, author of the e-book High-Performance Affiliate Marketing and a multimillion dollar earning publisher in his own right, to create the Blueprint for Profitability program. The Blueprint for Profitability is a series of live, online seminars designed to bring Jeremy's experiences and our own expertise together in a format that provides publishers with the tools and strategies to have an immediate positive impact on their own revenue.

Each topic-specific seminar in this program is geared toward providing you with the insight, knowledge, and tools to help make your publisher endeavors as profitable as possible - from getting started on the right path, to more advanced considerations as your activities progress and expand.

Success can be measured in many ways. In business, however, the bottom line is the bottom line. As a publisher it is your ability to maximize the revenue opportunities available which determines not only your initial financial success, but your capacity to control your future success as well. Publishers with a proven track record gain access to limited promotional offers and advertiser insight that help further increase their profitability. Given the fast pace of e-commerce, a simple volume of traffic is not enough. Your efforts need to be targeted. Let us show you how to do it.

Click these links to view schedules and register for the current Blueprint for Profitability seminars:

Seminar 1 - Preparation for Success: Identify profitable promotional opportunities

Seminar 2 - Keywords that Convert: Build a powerful and effective keyword list

Seminar 3 - Optimize Your Site: Site design for premium natural search rankings

Seminar 4 - Proven Tactics of Paid Search: Get the most out of your paid search budget

Seminar 5 - Demystifying the Search Engines: The subtle (and not-so-subtle) differences between Google, Yahoo! and MSN
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...Jeremy+Palmer+

Apparently he really gets around. I have never heard of him, but why not make this guy some more?

http://www.google.com/coop/profile?u...18448825183623
    Even Scott Jangro has his ear in there.

If the value of his classes are worth the $99 each then I would say it's not a problem.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

ABW Ambassador

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Anyone know who this Jeremy Palmer is?
    That guy got his butt lit on fire here at ABW a couple of months ago, but I forgot the specifics. I do remember quite well the smell of Napalm in the morning, though!

I can't say that I agree with the format, but JP does know what he's talking about.

ABW Ambassador
    "the smell of Napalm in the morning"

LUV that movie

I actually thought of that phrase yesterday for some reason....

Doing a little search on the web, I see you can buy his e-book for half off (limited time offer), at $49.95. Wonder what the difference is between his CJ offering for $495.00 for five online classes from his e-book, versus the $49.95 version he is offering at his site?

So, what's the thoughts about this guy and his classes at CJ? I'm always skeptical about anyone who comes in saying I made over a million dollars doing blank, blank and for the low, low price of $$$$ I can show you how to do the same. I just saw a little red flag go up when I red this and wondered who this guy is, is what he is selling really going to help folks and what others think about CJ offering this.

Granted, with enough cash on hand, I could easily sell a million dollars in merchant products if I spent enough on PPC, and brag about it in an e-book. Anyone here buy one of his e-books and wish to comment?
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; August 22nd, 2006 at 10:04 AM.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    "Ron - Anyone know who this Jeremy Palmer is?"
    "Leader - That guy got his butt lit on fire here at ABW a couple of months ago, but I forgot the specifics. I do remember quite well the smell of Napalm in the morning, though!"
    It was related to Lewis using adware to pop up on ABW, Revenews, even on what could have been a decent affiliate magazine, Revenue... and many affiliate sites. This guy knew full well what he was doing but deny it.
    Jeremy Palmer was supporting the guy.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    It sounds more like a blueprint for increasing CJ's profit rather than the affiliates.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    It sounds more like a blueprint for increasing CJ's profit rather than the affiliates.
    I agree, if CJ was a decent company, they will do it for FREE or they will not do it at all. Charging their affiliates for INSIDE KNOWLEDGE is DISCRIMINATION.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I'm always skeptical about anyone who comes in saying I made over a million dollars doing blank, blank and for the low, low price of $$$$ I can show you how to do the same.
    As a newby, I was interested in the program myself...until I saw it could be mine for the low low one-time only price of just $99 per episode.

LOL
    "There's a sucker born every minute...and two to take 'em."
    Joseph ("Paper Collar" Joe) Bessimer

NOT P.T. Barnum!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

15 years and counting
    Ron - Anyone here buy one of his e-books and wish to comment?
    Ron, you don't need to buy one of these e-books. After so much time working on your sites and an active ABWer, you know much more.
    There is two ways to be successful, either discover a new niche, the right merchant... and make money marketing what's working for you or sell to the masses what others have found to make money.
    The problem is if you sell to everybody how you're making money, it's not going to last for ever. The saturation arrives fast.
    Jeremy Palmer is just doing that, killing Affiliate Marketing... and forcing other successful Affiliate Marketers to change their strategies.

And these idiots at ValueClick have nothing else to do or to think about. We learned from them how to screw up a company in no time. What else are they going to teach us. They are just trying to make a profit out of that. Helping Affiliates? NO WAY. $99 for a 1 hour phone call, WHAT A RIP OFF!

Yeah, I know all that, but thought it might be good, especially for the newbies, to hear what others have to say (like yourself). I think it is like all those other offers to make you rich overnight. The problem is, only a few people do succeed like he did but because of so many different reasons I can't list them.

Actually, reading my previous post, I've already sold millions in products and I did without ever paying for a class, an e-book or using ppc. My success is due to the posts and help by many wonderful affiliates and merchants here (thank you all, by the way).

I just think the timing of this is very interesting. It is suspected there is quite an exodus from CJ by merchants and affiliates...CJ backs off from it's firm stance to implement just JavaScript links...ValueClick even announces to stock holders that they are having some resistance to LMI...and now CJ is doing this Pay Me $495 and I'll Make You Rich thing. Very interesting timing, don't ya think?

What we need is for Mr. Palmer to come here and explain what the difference is between his $49.95 e-book and the $495.00 one that CJ is charging.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi,
    Iím a newby in both CJ and ABW. You guys are great thinkers and business gurus, I respect you all.

Can there be any new info through Blueprint for Profitability program we canít get through ABW?

Cheers!

15 years and counting
    You're a newbie, but you're not dumb.
    If you read "Learn Insider Secrets that I used to Make over $1,000,000 last year"
    Do you really think you're going to make $1,000,000 next year?
    If the guy was still making it, he will not be peddling his ebook.
    As soon as a tip, a secret... is released, it's too late. It's not worth your time to try. You don't read yesterday newspaper, you wish you had tomorrow newspaper at your door everyday.

As a newbie, you need basic information first, about building websites, learning HTML, CSS, about programming, ASP, PHP/MySQL..., about marketing, all that information is free and available online. Then you need a strategy, the best is to read ABW, it's free also. Then you need to start and to work on your project.
    Affiliate Marketing works and you can even make over $1,000,000 a year. But don't spend your money before starting. Believe me, the day you'll make $1,000,000 a year, you're not going to tell the world how you did it.

Thank you.

I will keep you guys posted. Check my homepage if it make sense.

regards,

Ditto what Zeus said. Which is one of the reasons I wanted to bring this topic up here since no one else had yet.

You know the old say, "If it sounds too good to be true...."
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Looks like another one of those "I got rich, I'll make you rich" deals. The info he charges for is most likely readily available FOR FREE RIGHT HERE AT ABW and many other marketing sites / forums. I have a suspicion why CJ is doing this, but it's pretty obvious for those who've been following recent events. What a shame.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creatorô

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creatorô!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    You're a newbie, but you're not dumb.
    If you read "Learn Insider Secrets that I used to Make over $1,000,000 last year"
    Do you really think you're going to make $1,000,000 next year?
    If the guy was still making it, he will not be peddling his ebook.
    As soon as a tip, a secret... is released, it's too late. It's not worth your time to try. You don't read yesterday newspaper, you wish you had tomorrow newspaper at your door everyday.
    LOL. That remind me a few years ago, I was reading a book "...rich, ...young" at work. My boss gave me a big laugh. He said: "If sb want to sell you a $35 book to teach you how to become a millionaire, he need that $35 to make his living...". Yes, my boss is a millionaire, but he never taught me how to become a millionaire. That's why I fired him

I have been a member of ABESTWEB for a while, mostly just reading threads, but I felt compelled to reply to this thread. I first heard of Jeremy Palmer via CJ.com. He is one of CJ's case studies. I checked out his blog and found a lot of useful information, so I decided to buy his ebook.

I have learned a tremendous amount from the ebook. The ebook provides a solid base towards a successful affiliate marketing business. It's not get rich quick scheme as seems to be the prevailing thought in this thread. Jeremy stresses in the ebook that affiliate marketing is a real business that takes hard work and dedication.

While, the ebook was definitely worth the money, the best part for me is the access to the ebook's private member forums. I have been able to ask questions from landing page design to php tracking scripts and Jeremy has always provided sound advice.

I'm not saying the ebook would not be useful and frankly for $49.95 I'm sure it would be a helpful tool for newbies. What I am trying to say is that the $495 CJ is wanting to charge for this is WAY OUT OF LINE. And frankly, it's just a phone presentation for five one hour sessions. At lease with the ebook you have a reference book to go back to and as you say, there is a private forum.

I'm with Akiva on this. I know what CJ is up to and it is indeed pretty sad. What's even more sad is they don't have the balls to come here and discuss this kind of thing openly with their affiliates. You don't see SAS hiding behind things and even LS has a moderator here (minimal, but effective).

I'm hoping Jeremy Palmer is reading this and comes in to clarify. Perhaps there is a lot more resources for affiliates than CJ has described. If not, I think folks are getting ripped off at $495.00 when they get much more from his ebook for just $49.00.

But I do thank you for your comments as I did ask if anyone had read the ebook.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    It must be going over my head, what is CJ up to with this?

And $495, I don't think so. I think they screwed up on the pricing with that. I think for a lot of newbies that might be priced out of their range (the $49 would be better) and the experienced don't need it.

ABW Ambassador
    I bought (and wasted $49) his ebook this morning. The information in the look is very rudimentary and available for free in ABW & several other places. I was hoping to learn more from someone who made million year. I (and a lot of others here) learnt these tips & tricks in the first few months of being in this business.

If you are doing AM for a while: do not waste your money buying this book; do not waste your time reading the book.

I doubt that the seminars will be worth $99 each.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hello, Coincidental Newbie with Product Endorsement!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpesarcyk
    The ebook provides a solid base towards a successful affiliate marketing business.
    So it is indeed $495.00 for info that's available free on ABW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast