Help with Announcing a New Affiliate Program.
    Hi there.

We just created an affiliate program and now need to announce it in order to get more affiliates.

I know that I can pay $50 to Abestweb and place a link on a special section (I will do that tomorrow) and since our affiliate management company has a network, we get some affiliates from there.

My question is .... where would you go to announce your new affiliate program? We are OK with paying for it but only to worthy sources. We are writing a PR release ........... what else?

Thank you. Any feedback is appreciated.

You are here.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    hint:

Sign on bonus.
    It will get quite a few affiliates.

Welcome and all the best

Sing on bonus? As in giving them cash just for signing up?
    [B]Samboya, LLC.[/B]
    The Finest Teas on Earth

Find our program [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=5379]here[/URL] .

A single sales of just one 4oz. bag of Darjeeling tea earns you over $20 in commissions! Updated abandoned cart recovery feature increases sales retention by 18%. We always work to improve conversion rates and your profit opportunity.

ya

If you are serious about your affiliate program, then invest in the affiliate MGR 1st edition by affiliate classroom. That program answers these types of questions. I bought it and it has helped my management tons.

Best of luck to you and your program

Quote Originally Posted by Igor718
    Hi there.

My question is .... where would you go to announce your new affiliate program? We are OK with paying for it but only to worthy sources. We are writing a PR release ........... what else?
    Did you submit it at the directories?
    Also post at several forums.

Btw what service do you use to write your PR release.

Try
    http://www.prnewswire.com/
    for news wire

Thanks, Eric, I will try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor718
    where would you go to announce your new affiliate program? We are OK with paying for it but only to worthy sources.
    I'm helping a client launch a new affiliate program right now, and we will certainly pay for an announcement here on ABW, and we will submit to a zillion affiliate directory sites (including the very first one, which I created and later sold).

BUT the single most important strategy for enrolling successful affiliates is to spend some time identifying relevant sites, and taking the time to get the appropriate contact information, and then contacting those folks directly (usually first by email, then by phone). We call it "recruiting."

As I posted in another thread here ("Differentiating"), I am considering mailing one of our products to some prospective affiliates, so they can see how the quality differs from our competitors.

I have never published a "sign-up bonus" offer to prospective affiliates, because I think that draws the "wrong people."

One common compromise I've seen is a "first sale bonus" -- paying affiliates a bounty for the very first genuine sale transaction their site generates.

I think it's helpful that I wear both hats -- interim affiliate manager and long-term web publisher earning money from affiliate programs -- as this gives me some perspective. As an affiliate, I don't respond to "sign-up bonus" offers (they usually aren't enough money to justify the effort of creating links, and often they require a home-page link, which I don't sell), and I also don't respond to "first-sale bonus offers" since my goal is long-term sales, not a quick bonus.

Whenever I talk about "recruiting," I think it's important to include one key caveat: no matter what you do, most of your largest and most successful affiliates will be people you never "recruited," but instead will be web publishers who found you themselves (perhaps in a directory, perhaps because they saw your links on their competitor's web site, but more often by searching for merchants of specific types of products). Thus, your search-engine-optimization strategy is part of your affiliate marketing strategy, and "[category name] affiliate program" should be one of the terms you optimize for.

And I forgot another option: two-tier (or multi-tier) affiliate programs, which pay a commission to prople who refer other affiliates to you. I used to make some money from these when I ran an affiliate-directory site, but apparently I was unusual, because most folks in the industry tell me that they just don't work. When I helped MovieGoods launch its affiliate program in 2001, we started out as a two-tier program (15% to affiliate and 3% to referrer). After three months, we had a number of successful affiliates, but no successful referrers. In fact, only one affiliate had enrolled in the second tier, and that was a "banner farm" site. MovieGoods decided to switch from a two-tier program to a flat 18% rate for affiliates.
    Last edited by markwelch; August 25th, 2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Added paragraph about two-tier programs

ABW Ambassador
    I like your style Mark. Old School AM

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread