Camping World Slow to Pay Affiliates
    I've been with Camping World for some time and in looking at Merchant payment history report today I see they are once again late in paying. I contacted LS about this a couple weeks ago, as they run their program, and they have now passed it on to the merchant, but still no payment. Last time Camping World paid LS was June 30th. I thought Project Athena was to correct this kind of thing and enable LS to get us our commissions quicker. Only seems to work with some merchants I guess. This one is always a month or so behind.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I thought Project Athena was to correct this kind of thing and enable LS to get us our commissions quicker.
    I don't think that was the case. The primary purpose of Athena was to confirm the identity of publishers and to issue consolidated payments.

Even with the best paying merchants, consolidated payments has resulted in being paid later in some cases. If LS receives a merchant's payment tomorrow after checks are issued today, it won't be paid to the publisher until 9/8. That's 16 days from receipt. Under the old method (before consolidated checks), you would have been paid within a week or two.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Isn't camping world being managed by linkshare.

cos if you look at the contact info on their portal, it is campingworld@linkshare.com or something like that.

I maybe wrong but i think that is what I saw and I am equating 1 to 1

ABW Ambassador
    You might want to re-read the original post, Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    as they run their program
    Sorry...
    it's been a long day and I am still working on HTML for work

Yes, LS does run the program for CampingWorld. Here is the story, with a new twist tonight:

Couple weeks ago I got some offer from CampingWorld and I responded with a friendly email suggesting they pay faster, not realizing I was sending it to campingworld[at]linkshare.com. Got a very nice email back that said:

This is (removed name) with LinkShare (in LA) - I manage the Camping World program on their behalf. I am working with the client to get them to pay quicker,
    but they submit the invoices as soon as they are available. I'm sorry if it's caused you any problems. I will be sure to relay your request for quicker payments. Please let me know if there's anything you need regarding Camping World.
    Thanks!
    Thats great. Nice timely response, no problems. I was actually pleased to hear back from them. Then just a week ago I got this rather cryptic email from someone else at LS:
    Dear Ron,

Thank you for your email! The email received by LinkShare. Any issues that can not be addressed by the Affiliate Support department are forwarded to the account manager for this merchant. Your email, has been forwarded.

Thank you for contacting LinkShare Affiliate Support.
    Well, that was nice, but I already heard from the account manager 8 days before this. Hmmmmmmm

Well, tonight I get an email from LS for CampingWorld about a change in the terms from this merchant with the attached link. I read the terms and they are as if I was just signing up and I have no idea whatsover what has changed. At this point, I'm a bit confused.
    Camping World has modified one or more terms of the offer in which you are participating. Please note the below modification for the specified program:

Merchant Name: Camping World
    Program Level Number: 4.9
    New legal terms can be seen at http://merchant.linksynergy.com/fs/d...32_63155_9.txt

You do not need to change any links on your site.

Please review the new terms of this program. Merchants may change terms of an offer for a variety of reasons. If you need further clarification of the change that was made, please contact the merchant directly at campingworld[at]linkshare.com.

Don't have any links on your site yet? Log into the Create Links section of your account to choose from a variety of links provided by Camping World
    7 Days A Week Marketing

From what I know, Camping world change one of their terms of their general agreement. When I added "no bidding" on our trademark terms to our existing agreement, LS automatically sent out an email to all affiliates telling about the change in terms. The email is sent to everybody, from the public offer to private offer guys.

If you have time to look and compare both agreements (new and Old), you will find the changes. Or just email them asking about the change. Ideally, they should have sent out an email themselves informing about the change in the agreement, that would not keep people like you in the dark.

Guess they are slow in sending electronic mails. You might want to touch base with the a.c. manager

Camping World still a month late in paying LS. They just paid their July payment today, about a month later than all my other LS merchants. LS support told me they were looking into this when I brought it to their attention a month ago, but it still does not seem to be resolved.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Ron,
    I talked to the Camping World Account Manager and she said that Camping World was paying their July invoice later because of a bonus. It does not seem like this has been a consistent problem for Camping World. You should see your July payment in the next payment batch next week.

Ranae

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread