lightingbygregory.com - begging customers to call instead of purchasing online
    I've been working to get a new site setup to promote lightingbygregory.com and now I see (if it's not new I must have missed it, not sure how) them posting in RED Call 1-800-807-1826 for better pricing.

I don't see it written anywhere that I would earn a commission on phone orders so I assume not. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Is this new (trying to get phone orders) and how is it affecting other affiliates? That just seems like a very rotten deal so now I'm looking at other options. Anyone have any other recommendations for sites about lighting?

Can someone please let me know about this.

Thanks.

DB

don't worry that's only on 20 to 30% of their items...it's not all of them

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Here's what I'd do, assuming I still wanted to work with them. Phooey. Anyway, see if you can figure out what criteria determines whether or not they put that "phone for price" link on a product. Others have reported that it's because their price is so low (hah!) on some products that they can't publish it online.

So if you're working from a datafeed there should be a column with the price. Sort the feed by price and throw away any products that have no price.

Since I haven't bothered to join them I have no idea what their feed looks like so it's just a guess on my part.

Good luck.

Reah,

on spot, that's where I found my number...it was pretty simple to filter it out, but I felt that was a huge percentage personally. I think it was in the description field, but it was a while ago.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    don't worry that's only on 20 to 30% of their items...it's not all of them
    How do you get 20-30%?
    I only joined their program for a month. Haven't make any sales out of it yet. Not sure if the "call for better price" steal my orders.

Thanks for the replies.

I've deleted some items that don't relate to the site being built. Of the remaining I don't see any listed without a price (the ones I've see so far with the phone number have a price on my csv file).

Someone at shareasale - anyway to flag these for us? Or better yet have the merchant remove the number when the visitors are from affiliate links. Even on those without the red they still have the phone number all over. I'm not sure if I'll try the merchant or not, maybe if I can find an alternative to test agaisnt.

Yeah, I have a number of their links on my site and a PPC campaign going. Only 5 sales in a month. SAS needs to get on them about getting our referrals and then not making a commission because they don't even use phone tracking.

I agree, this is like trying to get free traffic/sales. I am sure they must have seen this, and must be taking care of it.

ABW Ambassador
    It is very easy to set up the phone tracking, I understand. Has anyone contacted the merchant directly about it?

ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    So then I assume they don't want to do phone tracking, it's been weeks since they first knew about it.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread