N websites, one ad server, how to get links?
    Currently I have only one website (channel) under my LS account. Now I want to display Linkshare ads on all my websites by installing phpAdsNew on one of my websites and paste code generated by phpAdsNew on all my websites. I know that LS only allows us to use affiliate codes on websites under our accounts. So I added another site to my account by creating a new channel. But I found that I have to signup the affiliate program again. Which means the affiliate codes for different websites are also different. So my question is, can I break the TOS of LS to use affiliate code for website A on Website B, C, D... of mine?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by concorde
    I know that LS only allows us to use affiliate codes on websites under our accounts.
    Really? That's news to me. I perused through the Linkshare affiliate contract and I didn't see any reference to it. Could you provide additional info. as to where that is stated?

I remember that we can add other site several months ago under our linkshare account,but it seems that we can't do it now.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Concorde,
    As long as you own/operate website B, C, and D, you can add links from website A. The problem with doing this is that you will not be able to see where your traffic is coming from. In your example site B may be driving all your commissions for a certain merchant, but if you have that merchant on all your sites you will not know which site is dirving the sales.

If you need reporting for each site you can either register a new channel for each site (but you also have to re-apply to merchant programs/channel) or you could set up Signature to track each site. Signature allows affiliates to track and generate detailed reports on the commerce activity generated by its site down to the transaction level of each individual member, organization, or sub site. If you are interested in using Signuture, go to the Affiliate Resource Center http://www.linkshare.com/rc/signature.html.

Ranae

Talking
    A similar problem had me stumped for a while, but as LinkShareModerator says Signature is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by concorde
    Currently I have only one website (channel) under my LS account. Now I want to display Linkshare ads on all my websites by installing phpAdsNew on one of my websites and paste code generated by phpAdsNew on all my websites. I know that LS only allows us to use affiliate codes on websites under our accounts.... ..., can I... ...use affiliate code for website A on Website B, C, D... of mine?
    I use PHP scripts on all of my sub-domains to access a single set of links which I update. The PHP script for a given subdomain takes the "u1" default value (allowed by Signature), and changes it on the fly. So when I need to add additional subdomains I can just customize a header for the index page, search/replace the default value in each category link, copy the php scripts to the directory and add the subdomain mapping to the .htaccess.

With webservices available though, this may all change soon.

Chris

I had a similar problem, but on another network. I solved it by contacting a representative and they were able to adjust my account so that I could use multiple domains (Subcampaigns) on my publisher account. Maybe you can try contacting them about it before signing up your different websites under multiple accounts in the network. There may be an easier solution on their end.
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread