Question Web Templates: All about them
    Hello guys!!!

I'm here, after a month and so of getting in this awesome site ABW, and I realized I have to know how to build websites. So, I did some research, mainly here, and I bought Studio 8 (full comercial version). I also got a book call "Studio 8:Training from the Source" from Adobe's website. It is a really good book, where you learn by doing. I just finished lesson 1. So, I like it so far very much, and I really have as a goal, to learn the thing before Christmas.

Anyway, I saw about Templates. Witch I didn't know before I've got this software. I saw on Ebay, you can get CDs with hundreds of templates for around 20 bucks.

My question is about them. What about templates, I mean, can you get sued using them? Did anyone got one of those Ebay CDs with templates?

What it's your advise about Templates?

Are templates the same for Dreamwaver as for other software?

Thank you very much peolpe !!! I really appreciate any info.

Please fell free to answer these questions and/or add any other information about Templates for newbies like me or you if you are so.

THNX THNX THNX !!!

Those templates are more often intended to be used for your own personal/commercial reasons. They just don't want you to take those same templates, and redistribute them (as in your own template business).

Templates are a good place to start from...granted you try to still make your site as unique as possible (don't need 50 sites looking the same on the web).

templatemonster.com is probably the biggest template site on the web right now (i'm assuming...you see them everywhere, plus they have a ton of affiliate sites). If you haven't checked them out, you should...they have some pretty high quality templates for sale.

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Those templates are more often intended to be used for your own personal/commercial reasons. They just don't want you to take those same templates, and redistribute them (as in your own template business).

Templates are a good place to start from...granted you try to still make your site as unique as possible (don't need 50 sites looking the same on the web).

templatemonster.com is probably the biggest template site on the web right now (i'm assuming...you see them everywhere, plus they have a ton of affiliate sites). If you haven't checked them out, you should...they have some pretty high quality templates for sale.

Thank you very much friend!

I will check that site right now !!!

Thanks again!

I heard that template sites are badly indexed by search engines... Is it true, I wonder?

Re:
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamPrints
    I heard that template sites are badly indexed by search engines... Is it true, I wonder?
    Template monster websites are exactly the same as if you would create the website. They are regular HTML files where you have to fill in the content. If you have original content on your website it will be ranked exactly like any other website. In regards to using those templates. It is a cheap way to get into having a website. Of course some knowledge is required however the graphic, look and feel is already done for you. If you want to be original I would advice to either start designing yourself or get somebody on renatacoder.com.

Hope this helps and clears things up.

You may be referring to templates with datafeeds in them. With these templates, your content (or a good portion of it) comes from a datafeed put out by the merchant. So, multiple sites running the same datafeed are going to look very similar to search engines, thus duplicate content, and sometimes a search engine index penalty.

Regular templates (as Cactii pointed out) really shouldn't help or hurt your rankings.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread