Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
    I just wanted to extend a huge and very sincere THANK YOU to Andy and crew for an UNBELIEVABLE seminar in Chicago these last few days.

I just talked to Loxly on the phone and she said "you left so suddenly...why? You didn't even say bye to us!"

I have to be honest - I was completely overwhelmed. Andy, your conference left me with SO many good ideas and new and creative ways to improve my business that I had to go upstairs and write them all down immediately, for fear of forgetting them.

I like to think of myself as a pretty knowledgable guy, but NEVER BEFORE IN MY LIFE have I felt like there was so much to learn in so little time.

It was an amazing event that I believe should be considered mandatory attendance for anyone who is at all interested in the affiliate marketing game.

It was great to meet all of you. Look forward to some key announcements from PW in the very near future that all sound somehow "familiar."

Allow me to reiterate that I can't say enough good things about Andy's conference. Andy, Crew - Thanks again.

-Joe Lilly
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    It was an amazing event that I believe should be considered mandatory attendance for anyone who is at all interested in the affiliate marketing game.
    Kellie's presentation is absolutely something everyone in this industry should see. I've seen her present a few times now, and each time she preps completely NEW videos tailored for the people who will be there in the room - that's a lot of work on her part and it makes it so poignant and relevant that I could almost cry / shout.

I was deeply pleased to see that Lisa P (Editor-in-Chief, Revenue mag) got to see Kellie's presentation - I think that was an important part of the timing Andy and Kellie arranged behind the scenes.

Andy covered it all from A to Z and had so many good speakers / experts / attendees, held it on SAS turf, fed us well and the whole thing was really great networking and tons of fun! People asked real questions, excellent discussions on breaks, meals, after hours - it's an intimate seminar for sure and everyone gets to know some great people.

In talking to you Joe, I learned that I need to look at your outfit with a more-informed eye - I had mistakenly lumped your type of business in with a different category of players - I need to reassess that for sure.

Good time!

http and a telephoto
    I agree with both of you. There were a lot of eye openers this past week, and because of the setting and the ability to have one on one discussions and because of the comfort level in the room, it was condusive to having in depth conversations that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to be a part of. Perception is key in our business and knowing the perceptions that need to be addressed is going to be a big part of what I do in the coming weeks and months. Joe is one of the people that I look forward to talking more with and learning more about. Being able to dialog openly and honestly is something that we were able to do in Chicago because we all know that those that were there want to accomplish the same thing, the managers there want to learn how to help people make money. The presenters that were there, including the affiliates that took the time to get up and tell us what they want/need/expect from merchants/am's/networks, all gave a perspective that was needed, appreciated, and valued.

No one left without saying that they were glad they attended and that they took away something valuable, and something to grow into the future with.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Donuts, I'm very pleased to hear that you're keeping an open mind!
    Lox, after my friends and I get you moved in, we'll have to do a lunch here in Vegas. Maybe we can even force Billy Kay over to "our side of town" to get some grub!
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

15 years and counting
    Donuts - I was deeply pleased to see that Lisa P (Editor-in-Chief, Revenue mag) got to see Kellie's presentation - I think that was an important part of the timing Andy and Kellie arranged behind the scenes.
    I'm so glad to hear that Donuts. It can change where Revenue is heading. For sure it must have been an eye opener for Lisa P. With, Kellie, Andy and you, I know you were able to show her what's behind the (AM) scenes. And I'm happy to see Lisa is also a real journalist behind the editor tag.

Internet Cowboy
    Joe, nice meetin' you! You are very sharp and fired off many relevant and very thought-provoking questions throughout the event.
    I'll be in touch soon regarding the vertical we discussed for my operation.

As for Lisa, she is indeed a friend of the industry and we can expect many great things to come from her. She is learning fast and increasing her awareness at every turn. Revenue Magazine is very fortunate to have her, so is our industry.

Uncle Scooter, I look forward to it. We'll make sure and take good care of you.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

Wow! That was a great seminar in Chicago...it's already opening a new (and very profitable) chapter for our business. Thank you to Andy, Emilio, Andy Jr and everyone at ARC for organizing it. It was a job way more than well done.

I'm a brand new merchant who has just started to grope my way through the affiliate world, and I went in thinking that this seminar may be just a typical industry event where you network a little, learn a little bit here and there, and then go back to business as usual. NOT! It was one of the best seminars I've ever attended (and I'm working on my third career here). Like Joe mentioned, the ideas and information were almost overwhelming. And after the first day I began to realize I stumbled onto a great group of people who really care about where things are going -- and who have the influence and expertise to really make a difference.

Kellie's presentation was so eye opening even for the veterans in the room. It's invaluable info to have for someone just starting out, and it's not the kind of thing a newbie can easily grasp by reading articles and postings. Kellie's videos really lay out all the pitfalls and shady practices in black and white.

Donuts' presentation about PPC was also a highlight for me. It made me realize how we merchants who (used to) dabble here and there in PPC are at such a disadvantage. True expertise makes all the difference. Thanks Donuts. The numbers, stats and specifics in your presentation were the highlight for me.

I unfortunately missed a couple of the extracurricular activities...but now I know better. I won't let it happen again. Thanks to Brian and Shareasale for the Cubs/Phillies game. I grew up near Philly and it was nice to see my old team kick some butt. Sorry Cubbies! (not really)

Craig, if you see a $400 order coming out of Las Vegas or Henderson, NV in the next 72 hours, let me know.

My fiancee is currently trying to "narrow it down" to less than 8 of your skirts. I think that we'll fall right around the 1/2 dozen mark.

She is a very picky shopper with contemporary fashion taste, so you must be on to something there at Boutique Oohlala!!!
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    I too want to add, that hearing unclescooter, loxly and Donuts give their ideas and feedback regarding what makes a dynamic and excellent AM/OPM was key to my experience. I want to make sure that whatever I do with Andy compliments the gruop, gives me the opportunity to help and at the same time be an asset to the industry as a whole.

I want to be one of the first to encourage, that any feedback, any tips that will help me become a better AM with ARC is not only appreciated but welcomed. I have thick skin!

Since joining Andy, I too have become an affiliate and have tried to put myself in the affiliates position and have come to recognize:

1. How alike I am to affiliates in their needs and thinking process
    2. How many good people are in this industry

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    Craig, if you see a $400 order coming out of Las Vegas or Henderson, NV in the next 72 hours, let me know. My fiancee is currently trying to "narrow it down" to less than 8 of your skirts.
    Oh, she just placed an order for 23 skirts and billed it to "Joe Lilly". Kidding!

Thanks for the kind words...I'll be on the lookout.

Quote Originally Posted by craigallyn
    Oh, she just placed an order for 23 skirts and billed it to "Joe Lilly". Kidding!

Thanks for the kind words...I'll be on the lookout.
    If 23 Botique OohLaLa skirts are all it takes to make her happy, then I'm a very lucky man. Unless you increase prices substantially.

Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

Talking
    Joe

So much for trying to join your network as a publisher.

Every time I try to submit the application a pop-up window tells me I need to list at least one website.

I did list a website but the form will still not let me submit it - it keeps telling me I have to list a website.

????????

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Joe

So much for trying to join your network as a publisher.

Every time I try to submit the application a pop-up window tells me I need to list at least one website.

I did list a website but the form will still not let me submit it - it keeps telling me I have to list a website.

????????
    That's not good. I will PM you and get it squared away immediately. Thanks for the feedback.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread