Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    YPN withholding taxes???
    Just looked in my YPN payment report - a CHUNK of $ has been "withheld" from my last payment for TAXES. WTF?!!

Anyone else seeing this?

I've submitted a question through their interface - will be way interesting to see what's up with this. I'll post back with the reply.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    check with your accountant...

until then, fill out a new w-9 with Yahoo, they might not have enough info or feel they have outdated info, so they're withholding taxes. as long as you're not subject to backup withholding (your accountant will know), an updated w-9 will likely cure the situation.

http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=98145,00.html

disclaimer: i ain't a lawyer or bean counter, you should check with yours.

Thanks Donuts. I will check with my CPA - he gets paid to crunch numbers so I don't have to. ;-)

YPN has my tax info and nothing's changed ... I have never seen a network, merchant or anyone withhold taxes from my payments before this. Just doesn't seem right.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

OK this is absolutely MADDENING. I contacted YPN last month about them having started withholding taxes from my commissions and they informed me it was because I checked a box stating that they should. I never checked any such box but it was, indeed, checked so I UN-checked it and thought it was straightened out after numerous emails and phone calls. I've just seen that my current payment has taxes deducted AGAIN. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so pissed. I already wrote to YPN AGAIN ...

Has this happened to anyone else? You all might want to check your accounts.

I could say something really nasty about YPN but I'll refrain. /rant gonna go chill out before I break something. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Rexanne,

This specifically hasn't happened to me, but I have had some maddening experiences with YPN. There was a period at the beginning of the year where I couldn't see what I was earning and no payments were made for at least 3-4 months. They can be very difficult to work with even after you've spoken to them on the phone. It seems like the phone support staff have very little control over the program.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Rexanne,

This specifically hasn't happened to me, but I have had some maddening experiences with YPN. There was a period at the beginning of the year where I couldn't see what I was earning and no payments were made for at least 3-4 months. They can be very difficult to work with even after you've spoken to them on the phone. It seems like the phone support staff have very little control over the program.

- Scott
    I remember you were having all sorts of problems with them when they first started. What's so damn frustrating is that the situation was apparently resolved at least 3 times in the past month ans it's still happening. YPN worries me ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I remember you were having all sorts of problems with them when they first started. What's so damn frustrating is that the situation was apparently resolved at least 3 times in the past month ans it's still happening. YPN worries me ...
    Oh I know how it feels... They told me my issue would be resolved "next week" for about two months straight. I had a weekly routine of calling to find out it'd be fixed "next week". They just can't seem to get things in gear very quickly.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Oh I know how it feels... They told me my issue would be resolved "next week" for about two months straight. I had a weekly routine of calling to find out it'd be fixed "next week". They just can't seem to get things in gear very quickly.

- Scott
    Arghhhhhhhh guess I'd best cool my cookies now before it gets me more frazzled than I already am over this situation. I can take a lot but not messing around with my money. That'll get me fired up big time, every time.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread