Question WatchdogAM forum disappeared?
    I gathered there had been some turnover, saw a want ad for them, and noticed difficulty in getting some answers or comment from them. But were times that tough?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Times shouldn't be tough when AM's need to be on their toes for affiliate tricksters now... more then ever. Now merchant forums like GenericGifts go dead when all affiliates give up on even trying to get conversions. I haven't checked my indy stats there in over a year since it was stuck just sort of the first minimum payout. I assume all is the same as I never received a check on thousands of clicks. Let them pay Goofle and Yahoo for traffic.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Can you please be more clear? Are you saying that WatchDogAm is a dishonest company or are you talking about Generic Gifts?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I assume www.watchdogam.com is some type of OPM operation... not a merchant.

"WELCOME TO WATCHDOG AFFILIATE MANAGERS! WatchDogAM offers merchants and marketing executives a better return on their investment (ROI) by delivering one of the best equipped outsourced affiliate recruitment and affiliate program management services in the industry.

Running an affiliate campaign takes skill and a relentless watchdog attitude to keep one ahead of the game. By leveraging a proven, dual-approach methodology in which we combine our leading edge technology and expert affiliate recruitment & management, we instantaneously give clients a winning advantage over competition.

Watchdog's "Express" suite of tools, (Merchant Express & Affiliate Express), improve day-to-day interactions between the online retailers and inundated affiliates, and we pay special attention to the Super affiliate communities. This is critical to improving traffic and online sales, and is yet another example of how Watchdog differentiates itself from other outsourced affiliate recruitment and affiliate management firms.

Better yet, we offer businesses a cost saving of 45%, everyday. That's right, WatchDog will match any bid by 45%. Guaranteed! Same expertise. More savings for you. So, what are you waiting for?"

GenericGifts however has a merchant forum here to laud their money making opportunity to enrich all ABWers for sending targeted traffic. Guess one forum is gone and the other is not generating any buzz.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Outsourced Program Manager
    Smile Watchdog Forum Status
    My name is Cory and I am a co-founder of Watchdog and no worries, everything is fine at Watchdog! We are currently looking into why the forum was removed and have initiated discussions with ABestWeb as to the cause. We expect this to be resolved shortly.

As for the other related posts, some quick answers. Yes, we are an actively growing OPM company (see recent Revenue magazine with Watchdog mentioned as an OPM to watch for) and are continually recruiting new affiliate managers to have as part of our baseline staff. This is why you will see posts from us for Aff Managers. We are continually adding new accounts, often times with unique requirements based on industry and language skills as we serve international accounts as well.

Watchdog also has a full service public relations division as well as a web services division. Our recently signed merchant Cristina Fiore (cristinafiore.com) is not only managed by Watchdog, but their acclaimed website was designed and built by Watchdog. We also handle their public relations.

But what makes Watchdog unique as an OPM, however, is our technology. We've pioneered innovative tools for both merchants and affiliates and are just nearing launch of a new suite of capabilities called pre-fab showcases that will provide some unique capabilities for both our merchant and affiliates users. We will be posting more on that this coming week. I know many of you have had some hands on exposure to these tools and I know everyone will really be jazzed about these new pre-fabs.

Herb, not sure what you are talking about when you said "noticed difficulty in getting some answers or comment from them" as we continually monitor this forum. Can you please be more specific?

Anyway, we expect to have this issue resolved by tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's patience and everything is great here!

Lightbulb
    It's a dead issue with me now, but could have used some steadily incremental input on ethnicgrocer when I was deciding what to do about them.

Although I cannot speak for Herbs issues, WatchDog has been very responsive to every question I have had so far, and has been very helpful. Hopefully their forum will be back up shortly.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Wink
    Thank you, Anne! We appreciate honest feedback from affiliates!

We are getttng favorable feedback and will do our best to make yours (and all affiliates) experience seamless!!

Have a great day!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread