ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I wrote one of CJ merchants asking if because I am in Canada was this the reason for rejection. The merchant was going to go on my shopping mall site, not the one below.
    I got the following reply. Thank you for your email.

"I rejected the application because I found that one of your websites sold items such as stun guns. "

I have a safety and security based site selling alarms personal protection products safety products etc.
    I saw the reply and couldn't figure out if I should laugh or be angry. At least they were truthful and replyed.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by walleye warrior:

"I rejected the application because I found that one of your websites sold items such as stun guns. "

I saw the reply and couldn't figure out if I should laugh or be angry.

I guess I can laugh at their stupidity, but really it's just depressing someone like that is their affiliate manager...

... so you wrote back and said, "Sooooo? Stun guns are not illegal. And what does that have to do with me selling your product?"

Right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Just so I can save the aggravation, do you mind naming them?

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

US Cavalry is a CJ merchant. They sell stun gvns. Or doesn't that matter?

{

Stuff that makes me go, "huh?"

ABW Ambassador
    >>Or doesn't that matter?

I don't think it matters -- because CJ didn't reject the site, the merchant did.

And whether we think the merchant's reasoning is silly or just plain dumb, they get to live by their own reasoning... and so it should be. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

Actually, I checked on the US Cavalry site and there is a list of about 8 US states stun gvns can't be shipped to. Without doing alot of checking of laws for each state, etc, it's very likely they can't be shipped there because there are local and state laws prohibiting their possession (in otherwords they're illegal in those states).

{

Stuff that makes me go, "huh?"

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    And whether we think the merchant's reasoning is silly or just plain dumb, they get to live by their own reasoning... and so it should be

I wrote the merchant back, thanking them for their prompt reply anyways. Also stated my site was designed as a security, alarms, personal protection site only and I was not in agreement with their reasons but thanks anyways.
    He seemed to handle my request quickly and more courteously than some do. I don't feel a need to flame the merchant, as his dealings with his reply and promptness don't warrant a flame war about their program, only too bad, I'll just go sell someone else's products.
    If you realy want, I will devulge to you if you request, but not in open forum

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread