Twice yesterday some idiot site or email changed my home page to their own page.

I hope they know that I will NEVER EVER use their site after such a nervy trick. I feel sorry for those who haven't figured out how to change it back yet.

I hope it isn't some affiliate who get paid for clicks. What a cheap assed way to make money. Can't compete fairly but has to mess with people's computers. Shame on them.

P.S. Some idiot added a new tool bar to my browser, too!!

[ 05-05-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

I really, really hate those. They bombard you with dozens of dialogue boxes and popups and hope you click the wrong button.

I'm sure some of those things even bypass the security settings somehow. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    SSanf,
    If you don't mind could you tell us who it was...or PM me the info.

All kinds of bullroar was happening to my machine when it happened and I couldn't catch the dastards. I had to power down and reboot because I froze tighter than a fundie old timer seeing my pentacle.

(apologies to fundies and old timers who may take offense)

Any way, it messed up my Windows Explorer, which now has the buttons all in the wrong places.

I want to kick some behind!! :mad:

Since this happened, java does not work on my browser. Additionally, it says it is IE 5.5 and I could swear it was 4.0 before although I am not quite sure. I think Microsoft tried to force an update I don't want and this is all screwed up. Any suggestions?

Even the darned search feature keeps going back to Go as the default forcing me to recustomise everytime I use it!!

I have heard IE has a bunch of problems that I have tried to avoid. I need IE to work with my Front page program and the java is screwed up on that now, too.

Am I now forced to install an updated IE browser?

I hate those dastards. I will only use Netscape on the net but will I still have the IE garbage to deal with?

[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Very strange - not even Micro$oft have the gall to do scumware-installs though.

If you're running Windows 2000 then you'll have IE5.5 by default. IE5.5 is a good browser, better than IE6 in my view.

Check out any funny looking programs in Add/Remove programs in the control panel, also run AdAware and your AV program with a nice up-to-date virus signature file.

Maybe download and reinstall IE 5.5 from Microsoft - IE4 has a load of problems that were fixed in IE5+.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread