Action Jackson - King of the World
    Same Day Music Pending Sales?
    I just had a sale comethrough today and the pending date says October. This seems very excessive to me.

This gives them the leeway they need for the merchandise return period.

Musicians are notorious for being cheapskates, and even more notorious for returning merchandise for a refund.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I think that time period was mentioned in the focus thread when they were spotlighted. It was the reason their EPC was still 0 after being on board for a month or so. I guess I would rather wait for confirmation than have a commission ripped back after a month or so.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    I just had a sale comethrough today and the pending date says October. This seems very excessive to me.
    Hey jackson,

GearAffiliate is the AM for SameDayMusic I believe (That's his ABW handle). I'll see if I can direct him to this thread, but if you see him around, drop him an email.

-Michael

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    GearAffiliate is the AM for SameDayMusic I believe (That's his ABW handle). I'll see if I can direct him to this thread, but if you see him around, drop him an email.

-Michael
    Thanks Michael!

Hi Jackson (and others!),
    SameDayMusic offers a 60-day return policy to its customers. It can seem a little excessive to wait 60 days for a pending sale to become locked, but this allows us to account for any returns coming in at the end of the cycle.

Here's some more info on our customer-facing policies:
    SameDayMusic Customer Policies

A few years back, when our pending period was shorter, we found an affiliate exploiting this by purchasing merchandise and returning it after the pending period had locked... Another case of a bad apple ruining it for the good guys!

Regardless, congrats on the sale Jackson. Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Mike Payne-
    Affiliate Manager
    zZounds.com | SameDayMusic.com
    312.276.0180 xt 21
    AIM: GearAffiliate
    affiliate@samedaymusic.com

Internet Cowboy
    While I understand that policy, it makes it tough on the PPC affiliate to promote you.

Actually, it limits the merchant to a smaller amount of the PPC affiliate's budget because they have to use other merchants who don't extend sales to cover the float. PPC affiliates often use programs that are 61-90 in paying (I run several), but it's tough to jump in with a sizeable spend. It means you are more apt to "limp in" and don't have the dynamic ability to make adjustments for the short term.

I get the reason and fully respect it. Does SAS allow a merchant to extend sales for specific affiliates or is it a total on/off switch?

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Does SAS allow a merchant to extend sales for specific affiliates or is it a total on/off switch?
    Hey Uncle Scooter!
    That's an excellent question-- any thoughts, Brian?

You make some great points about the difficulties of performing with these long extensions. My flexibility with our policies is mostly based on how well I can individualize them to suit an affiliates needs within ShareASale. The more flexibility, the merrier!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Yes, they can be individualized for different affiliates ...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Yes, they can be individualized for different affiliates ...
    That's good to know. There is another SAS merchant that I would increase volume with considerably if they did not practice this.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Alas I understand it was well. However I would much rather see it reversed down the road hen having to wait 2 months, espeically if it's for big ticket items. I had on mercant that was pending in fact that caused us to have to wait another month to get a check.

"I would much rather see it reversed down the road hen having to wait 2 months"

How will the merchant be protected if there are not sufficient funds left in an affiliate's account to cover the reversal? This opens the door up for another affiliate fraud scenario.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

What's the url to that site?
    Last edited by myisha; August 28th, 2006 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread