Hello One and all,

I visited overture today and looked at putting my site on the system (maybe). I checked out the search term suggestions for "Glasgow Taxi", now before I go on, my site is not listed on Overture (from what I can see) so what do you think it returned as search words? You got it my META TAG from MY SITE.

I will certainly be asking them why they are doing this, is my site so popular that Overture has to use the meta tag as a bench mark for anyone wanting to put "Glasgow Taxi" in the serach?

regards John

ISWYM. And 42 people aparently searched for your exact set of meta tags last month.

So much for their search suggestions being honest then. They seem to be inflated by pulling data from elsewhere.

This makes perfect sense to me now! :cool: I was always wondering how you could come up with related keywords. I can't think of any other ways to do something like that. I don't consider this to be theft either because the system would take a group of sites and their meta tags in order to compile the list. In some rare cases such as yours it might not be as effective to hide from indidual metas.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread