Red face Halloween Coming fast!
    This is our first Halloween season with affiliates, and so far it is shaping up to be a good one. My average ticket price has increase over the last couple of weeks, and my affiliate ticket average is $90.

I am looking for any advise that someone my have to improve how my affiliates are doing, and things I can do to help them generate sales.

I have uploaded a bunch of new and fun banners for affiliates to use.

Thanks
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple]Les[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Affiliate Manager
    [URL=http://www.spookshop.com]www.spookshop.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL=les@spookshop.com]les@spookshop.com[/EMAIL]

Could you make a couple of more traditional sized banners that would fit a more general theme, maybe just logo for the smaller ones and something family suitable for the larger? It may not help everyone but it would help me.
    I am looking for some 88x31, 120x30, 120x60 and 728x90 banners.
    btw thanks for the other banners you made. You have the first banner this year to actually make me go "Geezus!!" Banner 64236 if you were wondering.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I will have some for you soon. Hopefully before the weekend is done
    Affiliate Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Spookshop

I am looking for any advise that someone my have to improve how my affiliates are doing, and things I can do to help them generate sales.
    Is your datafeed (and the implied ability to produce specific product linking [with images] along with the Make-a-Page tool) uploaded and functioning?

Specific product linking codes and the results from a Make-a-Page query are important to affiliates who would like to focus on specifics in addition to your general banners.

Best of luck throughout the "Halloween Season"
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi Les,

This probably isn't what you want to hear but you are on the low end for halloween costume commissions. There are quite a few here at SAS that offer higher commissions and there are some at Commission Junction that offer more than any of the SAS merchants. To be honest, I am going to push the higher paying merchants more.

I can only speak for myself on this point, but Porkchop, the amount of commission alone does not totally influence which merchants I promote/[push].

I need a mixture of "tools" and the commission

The ability to produce a nice product image link with a clear picture (in adjustable sizes) is the most important factor for me (and I refer to the ability to feature the visual a "tool").

Without appealing visuals, the merchant could promise a 90% commission but it wouldn't pan out because people prefer to click on something intriguing and visually appealing. You can read about the problems I was having with CJ's product images here

The images offered by SAS' specific product links (there's a whole selection: i.e. including text, a variety of sizes/presentation plus an equal variety of sizes/presentation written in XHTML) and the results from the Make-a-Page are great and that's what I'm using now. I intend to learn about MySQL & PHP (but I won't be a feed pro in time for Halloween).

I'm not saying that I will ignore CJ's merchants or the merchants from any other network because that would be false: I intend to use a mix, but any merchant that leads in the visuals will be highly featured on my pages.
    Last edited by Rhia7; August 25th, 2006 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Because I feel like it
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I can't edit anymore -- I think the "Powers that Be" disapprove of my editing reasons

I tried to edit my most recent post with this:

Variety of items offered and the number of individual product items offered (for display) are important factors as well in terms of promotion.

Another additional edit: The commission is important too -- it's a total combination of all factors
    Last edited by Rhia7; August 25th, 2006 at 11:50 PM. Reason: You know I feel like it
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Porkchop,

I appreciate the interest in my commision rate, and I understand what you are saying. higher commisions are wonderful, but mean nothing if you can not generate sales because the product is over priced and the site is not user friendly.

The biggest kid on the block for Halloween sites only offers 7% commision.

What I was asking, is what can I do to improve sales so that earning commision, even if it is only 8% is easier.

And Rhia my datafeed is up and functioning, if there is something that is not right, I will make it my top priority when I get back in the office.

Thank you
    Affiliate Manager

Popdawg,

I have posted a couple of new banners to the SAS site, I hope that these will fill your needs.

please let me know
    Affiliate Manager

*cough*

definitely *cough 88x31* helps!!
    Many thanks!!

*cough 88x31* *cough*

ooo nasty cough is back.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Spookshop,

It would be very helpful if you had a custom pagemaker. Trying to use the generic pagemaker with no defined categories is rather difficult.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    Spookshop,

It would be very helpful if you had a custom pagemaker. Trying to use the generic pagemaker with no defined categories is rather difficult.

Gene
    TCS
    I agree
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Spookshop,

I'm trying to work with your datafeed along with WebMerge. I'm not new to designing sites but I am new to datafeeds and WM. So bear with me.
    You asked for suggestions, and this is what I'm seeing.

1) A number of missing thumbs/images in the datafeed. Visitors presented with an "image not available" graphic. Too many of these and they will leave my site.
    2) Products are not broken down into categories and subcategories like you have on your website. This would make my site look disorganized or thrown together.
    3) Dashes with a space before/after the dash in the product name. WM sees spaces as dashes and generates 3 dashes consecutively in the page name.
    4) Product thumbs as well as large images should be close to the same size for each product. The exact same size would be great. There are graphic programs out there that will automate the resizing of an entire file of graphics for you.

Any chance of getting an updated feed by say ... tomorrow, September 1st? I want to go live with a new Halloween section of my site on the 1st but I 'could' live with Sept 7th if I had to.

I am working on the new data feed. I have a person doing nothing but updating the data feed. But, with almost 2100 products this will take a bit. I am hoping to have it up and ready by tuesday.

Sorry for the delay. It was only yesterday that SAS got back with me on how I am supposed to do this.
    Affiliate Manager

is your datafeed automatically approved? and is it ready now?

The Datafeed is automatic. If you want FTP access that I will give you.

the Datafeed is being revamped at this time, but 2100 products takes a while. I have a person that is working on it (his only job) and he is changing the items directly on SAS so they are immediately available.
    Affiliate Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Spookshop
    The Datafeed is automatic. If you want FTP access that I will give you.

the Datafeed is being revamped at this time, but 2100 products takes a while. I have a person that is working on it (his only job) and he is changing the items directly on SAS so they are immediately available.
    I encountered some difficulty while trying to get your individual product images -- all the images came out broken. Has this been fixed? (I hope so).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I have fixed all of the errors on the Data Feed.

The pictures should all work and I have fixed catagories.

If there are any more problems, please e-mail me.

Thank you,
    Affiliate Manager

Cool. Is it uploaded to Shareasale yet?

Les,

I can see that a lot of time and effort was put into the datafeed. However, as far as the categories in the pagemaker, you wasted your time. The categories with 1, 2, 3, 5 items are worthless for making product pages. Broader categories with more similar products is what is needed. The way it is now, one would be just as well off using the "Get Specific Product Linking Code". This now puts me in the position where I have to use another merchant for my product pages. I had planned to move these pages to SAS using your program. Perhaps you will be ready before next Halloween season.

Gene
    TCS

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread