Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Easy way to be approved by Shareasale ?
    Hello,
    what is the best method should i use to be accepted by shareasale??
    ------------------
    i have a free website, so what can i do to be accepted by them?
    ------------------
    Thanks

Register a domain name and get it hosted.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    what is the best method should i use to be accepted by shareasale??
    Make sure your site qualifies under the Terms and Conditions, and you should get in. Nothing hard about it.

Free-hosted sites are allowed at SAS. I have a few free-hosted affs in my program. While they could have been grandfathered in, I haven't noticed any recent changes in the Terms, so I believe SAS is still refraining from hosting elitism.

Even though they're allowed, I am compelled to add these comments about successful affiliate marketing:

It's not the hosting's paidness that determines success in affiliate marketing. It's what's on the site that matters. (What's on the site does include whatever ads the free host puts on--so, certain free hosts are indeed no good for business. But, other free hosts keep their ads to the minimum and are fine.)

But often, free-hosted affiliates have personal homepages (those things that people use to talk about their vacation and stuff like that), and falsely imagine that all they need to do to make money is slap up a banner, or 10, or 100. Personal homepages don't convert. Neither do banner farms.

It's not the hosting that's the problem in those cases, it's the site itself. A paid host won't help a site that hasn't been properly made for the purpose of selling stuff.
    On the other hand, a proper sales-oriented site can sell stuff off of practically any hosting setup (unless the free host has so many ads, popups, etc. that it scares the customers away).

I don't know what your site is like, but I thought I'd mention that aspect just in case.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply ..
    But plz ..
    Tell me any free hosting company that comply with SAS Terms and Conditions..
    i mean give me one of the companies which you have registered with them (FREE)...
    Thanks

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Tell me any free hosting company that comply with SAS Terms and Conditions..
    Some Bravehost-hosted sites have been able to get accepted. ( www.bravehost.com )
    Scroll down to the bottom of their site (scroll past the big ad for buying domains) and look for the "free" option.
    I don't know much about them, other than that there's affs using them that have gotten accepted.

Free Bravehost sites have .bravehost.com as part of the URL, that's how I know they're the host.

I didn't see any popups, but I have double popup blocking on...check with blockers off to make sure.

I mean give me one of the companies which you have registered with them (FREE)...
    I haven't had a free-hosted site in years, so I don't know if my old free host is still compliant or not. That host added tons more ads (and worse ads) than they had when I was signed up with them, so they may not be SAS-acceptable anymore.

As for why I bothered getting a paid host--the free one started running ads which competed with mine for a lucrative program.

Free hosts do have some other drawbacks, but for starting out they're usually fine, as long as they don't overwhelm the visitors with their ads.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Verifiable contact information and domain ownership is important. While free hosting services are not restricted, it becomes more difficult to verify who an affiliate is with a free host, free email, maybe a free domain, etc...

If you do want to use all free services, put some effort into your site and application as we are trying to maintain a high standard of quality so that merchants are not flooded with mediocre applications...but have a steady flow of quality affiliates to partner with.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

If you shop around a little bit you can find places where you can get everything you need for your own domain (registration plus hosting) for as little as $20 a year. So it really isn't worth the hassle of going with a free host.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    As a merchant, I definitely look for all the things Brian mentioned when deciding to approve or decline an affiliate in SAS.

It's an old saying but a true one, you gotta spend money to make money. With hosting/email/etc. though you can literally spend less than $100 a year and it will go a long way.

Make it easy for networks and merchants to approve you and you will be able to focus your time developing your sites rather than replying to requests from merchants for more information.

Hope that helps!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Question Please reply
    Thanks for help ..
    But i hope you send me any url of a free website which has been accpeted by shareasale.com as an affiliate.

They have replied.
    You've been given the best advice already.
    You've also been given advice on a free host that has been used by affiliates and that have been accepted into shareasale programs.
    What more do you want?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Verifiable contact information and domain ownership is important. While free hosting services are not restricted, it becomes more difficult to verify who an affiliate is with a free host, free email, maybe a free domain, etc...
    Brian, your point is noted (and good) but you are not discouraging people from a private registering of a domain name, right?

I'm easy to verify (my e-mail works and you can get a spirited response from me ) but I registered my domain name privately for personal reasons
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    If you shop around a little bit you can find places where you can get everything you need for your own domain (registration plus hosting) for as little as $20 a year. So it really isn't worth the hassle of going with a free host.
    caution: sometimes better to use a separate registrar from the hosting company. The host can't hold your site for ransom then.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    caution: sometimes better to use a separate registrar from the hosting company. The host can't hold your site for ransom then.
    Herb, I registered my domains with 1&1 and I host my sites through 1&1, do you think they'll hold my sites for ransom?

I guess it depends on the site(s), the popularity and the site's capability for being lucrative, but if a webmaster is "starting out" do you still think it is a mistake to register the domain & host the site with the same company?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    There's no need to use the same company, it's easy enough to register with a regular registrar and just point the nameservers when hosting is taken. I wouldn't use the same for both, though I *might* consider it some time if I know for sure the host is uber-trustworthy and a free domain comes with hosting purchase, though that's usually if you host and pay for a full year up front.

A domain is around $9 and decent hosting can be gotten for around $4 a month, sometimes less if you hunt around.

http://www.netfirms.com offers all types of hosting plans including free hosting. In exchange for hosting your site free they will place an advertising banner at the top of each page. If you ever decide to get rid of the banner just upgrade your hosting plan which will cost $4.95 month (they will bill you for a full year when you upgrade $59.40)

Good Luck!

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Herb, I registered my domains with 1&1 and I host my sites through 1&1, do you think they'll hold my sites for ransom?

I guess it depends on the site(s), the popularity and the site's capability for being lucrative, but if a webmaster is "starting out" do you still think it is a mistake to register the domain & host the site with the same company?
    I think it's just good practice. We've heard some stories here.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I think it's just good practice. We've heard some stories here.

I once had a problem pointing my 1&1 domain to a separate host (I had to solicit the help of the owner of the [free host at the time that I was involved in] host -- he had to change some stuff manually in order for it to work).

Right now it's easy for me to keep things together but I am in no way refuting the good advice that you & Webworker are offering.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

It isn't so much that they'll hold it for ransom (although some might). I worry more about a hosting company vanishing and making it impossible to change my nameservers to a different host.

There are a few major registration companies that are very unlikely to go under, so I don't worry about registering with them. They don't have the cheapest hosting prices, usually.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Question Please reply
    Can you give me your URL to see the offers of shareasale ??
    Let me see your site please

Yeah ... k now I need to show a little restraint.
    Want to see Shareasale offers?
    Go to shareasale.com

The words "let me see your site please" by a complete newbie with a whopping 4 posts all about free sites and how to get approved by the easiest network to get approved in ... if you're legit ... cry "Show me your site so I can copy/steal it"
    It's rude to ask that and if anyone wanted to share their site with you they would have already put it in their sig.

was that restrained?
    feh ... good for a monday.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Question Oh my god
    Why did you say that ??
    i'm really sad of what you said to me ...
    ------------------------------------
    i will never steal or copy any website to get approved by shareasale.com
    ------------------------------------
    i just want to know, is there any affiliates joined the shareasale network with free hosting and get approved in it ??
    IF YES
    please send me one to learn more about that ...
    IF NO
    it's okay, and thank you for your reply and for respecting me
    ----------------------------------------

YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD THERE HAVE BEEN

YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD THEY WERE BRAVENET SITES

DO NOT ASK FOR PEOPLE TO REVEAL SITES - I HAVE TOLD YOU WHY AND I HAVE TOLD YOU IT'S RUDE TO ASK

I don't care if you are sad because of my comments.
    You asked for help, it's been given.
    You asked for information you shouldn't have asked for and it wasn't given but what was, was an explanation why you didn't get that info.

Don't like it, tough.
    This is a business. Yes we help each other but we don't give complete strangers the keys to our homes. Your whopping 5 posts means WE DON'T KNOW YOU.

I am now going to step back ... take a breath ... and one last time, try to help you.

OPTION A:

1) Go to bravenet.com and click on the FREE HOSTING link - LIKE YOU WERE TOLD IN LEADER'S POST.
    2) Build a web page/site for whatever you are wanting to promote - LIKE YOU WERE TOLD BY BRIAN ... OF SHAREASALE ... THE COMPANY YOU WANT TO JOIN.
    3) STOP ASKING FOR PEOPLE TO TELL YOU THEIR SITES - Not gonna happen and you will start pissing people off. Me, I'm already there, but I wake up in a fowl mood ... eh ... ehhh ... fowl .... sigh. I wake up in a fowl mood anyway, so I don't count.

OPTION B:
    1) Spend as low as 2.99 on a domain
    2) Find a PAID host for as low as $4 a month
    3) Build a web page/site for whatever you are wanting to promote - LIKE YOU WERE TOLD BY BRIAN ... OF SHAREASALE ... THE COMPANY YOU WANT TO JOIN.
    4) STOP ASKING FOR PEOPLE TO TELL YOU THEIR SITES

If I were you I would go with Option B. You are more likely to achieve success.
    As long as you don't ask for anyones sites again, good luck!!

Oh and want to comment about respect? If you want respect then respect the fact that INDUSTRY LEADERS took the time to help you.
    DON'T disrespect them by not listening to their advice.

btw ... before anyone misinterprets this I meant Leader, Brian, etc and so forth.
    I'm just a dick duck.

dick duck

ANd to make it even easier for you ... http://www.bravenet.com/webhosting/freehosting.php

ABW Ambassador
    But popdawg, his name is antifraud!! He must be on the up and up...

Outsourced Program Manager
    free sites
    If ur serious about affiliate marketing then why would u want to use a free hoster?
    domain $15/year
    hoster for less than 10 mbs $15/year
    if you not willing to invest $30...

As an AM I am really hesitent about accepting affiliates that at the least dont have thier own domain and hosting.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast