More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Little League World Series
    If your kids play Little League baseball or will in the future, check out the Little League World Series games today and tomorrow. I believe they are on at 1:30 EST both today and tomorrow on ABC.

Even if you don't have kids in baseball but are a baseball fan, you will be amazed at the level of play.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

And... I'll add a bit more! If you're EVER anywhere near Williamsport, PA while the Little League World Series is going on, it's worthwhile to stop for a day. We usually go during the week while the pools are still playing. There are two fields side by side, and you watch a game, then move to the other field and watch the next. We usually catch 4 games in a day, two US games and two international games.

The best part... there is NO gate fee. They have courtesy shuttles running from the parking lots. Hot dogs are $1.50 or $2.00. You just can't beat the experience.

Two years ago, I coached Warren's Boys Minors team and we won the PA District 10 Championship, so I took the team to Williamsport to watch some games. The boys brought along their District 10 Champs banner, and actually got on ESPN. The announcers even commented, "Hey! It looks like the team from Warrren, PA is here enjoying the game." The boys still talk about it, and of course, I TiVo'd the games we were at, so the boys each got a copy.

Williamsport is what baseball is all about!
    Christopher Park
    Affiliate/Partnerships Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074
    AIM: BLAIRAffiliates
    Twitter: BLAIRAffiliates

yoooo hooo Chris
    never been to Williamsport but I do know what it's all about. lol Congrats to your kids.
    Post got my attention cos I thought it was gonna be about the photo in the paper this morning. Pretty sure being waaaay up there lol you probably don't get the Phila. Inquirer?? Not sure it was an ap type picture or local or what so maybe you and the others may have seen it or maybe not?? Had a picture of two kids on the field....One I'm sure has people wondering if he's really the age he's supposed to be. Think it said 6' 8" (or vice versa with the 's...never remember which is which lol ) and 256 pounds. Ummm if he's really the correct age...ummmm somebody's been really eat'n his Wheaties and then some. lol And then there's probably the average size for a boy little guy.....only he looks teeeeeny weeeeny next to the big guy. lol Picture was on the front page.

Almost made a post teasing Donuts the other day, too. Not sure but think it was him making some sort of a comment about the baseball game in Chicago they were all going to see....Ummm somebody was saying some not such nice things about our pathetic Phillies and hmmm seemed like he was licking his chops a bit at the prospect of those poor fight'n Phillies playing the game cos they're so stinky. (heee heee ) but them same pathetic Phillies won that game. lol Poor Phillie guy broke his ankle, though. I agree with you Donuts....for most of the year Phillies have pssssst been pretty stinky...they're playing just well enough now to be teasing their fans. lol
    I'm just teasing you Donuts I don't know why you guys weren't waving back to me.....Husband had the game on...I told him to look for all you guys and described the best I could what you'd be looking like. lol (umm not such a good description. lol ) I was on computer but every now and then I'd take a peek at the tv and didn't see a one of you waving back to me. lol I'm sure everybody enjoyed the game regardless of the outcome. Hope so
    ok guys...you can have your sports thread back now....I'll leave you to talk sports. lol

I think the LLWS is one of the greater events in baseball each year. You never know which one of these little guys will one day be in the MLB...so many former and current MLB players were in the LLWS.

Back when I was 12 years old, my little league team, "Modesto Tigers", advanced all the way to the West regionals and lost 1-0...on an error. I've been devastated ever since. It was so traumatic, I still remember it 11 years later. lol. And that was just in the regional championships...I can only imagine the impact the actual world series games have on these kids lives.

Anyone else feel the LLWS should thoroughly check the papers on these Saudi Arabia kids? They are giants!!
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Georgia beat Japan and won it all

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Georgia beat Japan and won it all
    That play at home by the japanese team was incredible for 11-12 year olds. but hooray for georgia. nice win for the US.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    ** Old thread bump **

Been watching it past couple of days on ABC and I think ESPN.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    How Bout that catch the kid on the Walpole, Mass team made to win the game. #1 web gem of the day on SportsCenter. GOOOOO Massachusetts!!!!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

WOW! Don't know how I missed this thread. I was raised in Warner Robins and it was bananas once the last play was made. Every single, solitary business had some type of sign that congratulated our team. That was an awesome event that year.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread