Question Is 4th Click a Bad Thing? Neutral?
    I mean I know it looks easy to do, but what good is that for SERP. Wouldn't there be thousands of cooking cutter sites that cannot get spidered? Can they get spidered?

I don't mean to be real critical. Hey, I want to use it. But I'm having trouble seeing how it will help beyond relieving me of programming.

Could it be used as a back end catalog from a blog? How is it all supposed to work together to help Affiliates?

Thank you. Hope this make sense.

Goldencan now offers GetData:

GetData Feature will allow you to make a simple HTTP call to GoldenCAN and get the preformatted HTML for Store Integration. You will be able to display complete store on your website with SEO benifits.

"You will be able to display complete store on your website with SEO benifits"

Not to knock Goldencan; it's a handy and dandy tool in many ways, but duplicate content issues would arise that could hardly offer any "SEO benefit".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    "You will be able to display complete store on your website with SEO benifits"

Not to knock Goldencan; it's a handy and dandy tool in many ways, but duplicate content issues would arise that could hardly offer any "SEO benefit".
    So maybe the blog catalog combo?

if you have enough traffic, the javascript version should work well. Also, it is not read by the search engines.

re the php and other versions: so you put other stuff on your page to reduce the percentage of possible dupe content.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Ya. That is the drawback of JS. That is the same with Linkshare's DRM.

What I have done is to create it in DRM and also personally offer it in HTML to a selected affiliates to help them with SEO.

.js/DRM, you would need to have traffic to support it cos if not, it's not helping with SEO.

Actually I was referring to the spiderable/GetData content, not the Javascript.

Everybody who puts up a store will have the same spiderable content.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I don't use the content, but if the getdata stuff is just html that you get, you could massage the content on the server-side before displaying it to the users, so the search engines then see different stuff from each site.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    I don't use the content, but if the getdata stuff is just html that you get, you could massage the content on the server-side before displaying it to the users, so the search engines then see different stuff from each site.
    I thought that was the whole point. They did all the "massaging." I think I might like it for some sites, but not all of my sites.

But if you want it to say different text than every other site using it, wouldn't you need to do some word-changes & different organization?
    Again, I don't use it, but I thought the cool thing about it, was being able to get the data in a nice standard way, and for sites who already have good content, and just want to add some product info, it's an easy way.
    But if you're generating a new site, just around the products, and for search engines, I think you'd want to do something to make your site have unique content.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    I mean I know it looks easy to do, but what good is that for SERP. Wouldn't there be thousands of cooking cutter sites that cannot get spidered? Can they get spidered?
    When I read the title of this thread, I thought you wanted to debate whether or not a webmaster/affiliate/publisher should use only merchants who are "free on the 4th click."

Some merchants are not "free on the 4th click" yet people might still use the system -- when I factor in your [quoted] question above, the total question is interesting.

If you consider NoWire's
    Why would a webmaster choose to use a merchant who is *not* free on the 4th click? Yes, I know the obvious reason but there is always that gamble that the 4th click might result in a substantial sale, so why are webmasters allowing that possibility to be given up (in consideration with johnny's initial point).
    Last edited by Rhia7; August 26th, 2006 at 11:20 PM. Reason: I usually do
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    When I read the title of this thread, I thought you wanted to debate whether or not a webmaster/affiliate/publisher should use only merchants who are "free on the 4th click."

Some merchants are not "free on the 4th click" yet people might still use the system -- when I factor in your [quoted] question above, the total question is interesting.

If you consider NoWire's

Why would a webmaster choose to use a merchant who is *not* free on the 4th click? Yes, I know the obvious reason but there is always that gamble that the 4th click might result in a substantial sale, so why are webmasters allowing that possibility to be given up (in consideration with johnny's initial point).

I would like to use them service because I don't feel like massaging yet another datafeed. I get tired of that. Maybe I'm just tired now. I'll be ready to roll next week .

I would like to use them service because I don't feel like massaging yet another datafeed. I get tired of that. Maybe I'm just tired now. I'll be ready to roll next week .
    The question wasn't: to use or not-to-use [GoldenCan or related service].

My question took your original one and added the extra debate in regard to the feature of "Free on the 4th Click" or not.

So are you saying that you would use a merchant who is *not* "free on the 4th click" solely for the sake of convenience?
    Last edited by Rhia7; August 26th, 2006 at 11:48 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I use all of them. Especially on my coupon integrations which are very hard to keepup on unless it i automated.

Shouldn't Goldencan get a cut for providing the service? You may lose a few sales to a "4th click", but by have as many merchants as possible, you offer the customer more of a selection of products. The customer may return just to have a place to search for a number of products.

its the price if you use their scripts/service ... but now i'am not using DF anymore ... tired every sites that i create gone to supplemental result

Quote Originally Posted by Affnice
    its the price if you use their scripts/service ... but now i'am not using DF anymore ... tired every sites that i create gone to supplemental result
    What does "supplemental result" mean? Thanks.

What does "supplemental result" mean? Thanks.
    It means you're indexed in Google's search engine, but because your page looks too much like someone elses, it's unlikely that it'll show up in most searches. It still will probably show up in a very detailed search if you used some words different than someone elses though.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    It means you're indexed in Google's search engine, but because your page looks too much like someone elses, it's unlikely that it'll show up in most searches. It still will probably show up in a very detailed search if you used some words different than someone elses though.
    OR it means google feels it isn't refreshed in content often enough so they'll serve it on searches still, but give it a bit less priority. They say (Matt Cutt's blog) that it will still get deep crawling, but much less frequently.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread