Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Best Way To Make Money With Amazon
    Hello everyone,

For quite some time I've been wanting to incorporate Amazon into my sites.

Can someone please tell me what's the best way to make money with amazon?

I'm not talking about a few dollars here or there, I'm taking about making decent money.

Thanks,

Sunny

The best way to make money, is to get people to buy stuff.
    What kind of sites do you have?
    If you have a site about fitness, then sell their fitness stuff... a site about music, then sell cd's. You need to give more info if you want some help.

I think the best way to go is to become an authority in the niche you choose to market for. Make sure it's about something that you can sell via Amazon and it's best if it's a topic you're passionate about. Build a useful resource for shoppers and try to earn yourself a loyal audience who will spread your site by word of mouth. Maybe after a few months to a couple years you'll be able to build up a following large enough to support you for many years to come. Just try to create something useful and informative.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thanks for your responses.

I know that the best way would be to build a niche site around certain products and then start promoting my site.

But I guess what I was really asking would be: is the best way to promote amazon products through some sort of a data feed or a script that will display products?

If so, what script do you think would be best to use to display products?

Thanks,

Sunny

ohhh, sorry for my other response then.
    The amazon search box is pretty nice for users; Omakase seems pretty promising, but the Recommended Product links are decent too.
    Those all are updated by amazon, so there's not a tremendous effort on your part.
    The just logo banners don't do a tremendous amount for me.
    If your website is about one particular thing, then I'm sure putting just relevant products will get more clicks than any other method.

To get the product data, there's Amazon Web Services, and it works pretty well, and configured correctly, it's pretty easy to query and get xml data from.

Just buy a ton of stuff from them through your own affiliate link. Easy money baby!
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Don't buy that big-screen tv yet, they reverse purchases you make from your own affiliate account.

Just buy a ton of stuff from them through your own affiliate link. Easy money baby!
    That's a waste of time if you are looking for a discount. Amazon will just back it out of your commission. I accidently bought something through my link and they took that money right back.

I would definitely not focus on books - go for higher ticket items.

On one of my sites I have a very niche subject and I sell a lot of books about this subject. The problem is, they pay so little. You really need to have quite a bit of traffic and sell lots if you are going to make money with books.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

A great way to make money from your amazon site, will be to drive traffic to your site. If no one comes to the site, they can't buy. Start there first. Secondly, make sure that your site looks like the type of place you yourself would shop in.

Start there, that should trigger other enhancements to your site.

PuReWebDev
    (edited out manual signature - signatures come with participation and you'll get there )
    Last edited by loxly; September 9th, 2006 at 01:12 AM.

This is unrelated but purewebdev, I really like your different graphics on each of your categories

The good thing about amazon is that they sell zillions of items. That means you should be able to find a niche with a 'relatively' low number of competitors.(with research). More competitors may come later, but you'll have the lead on them. )

If your niche is large, you might have to use a datfeed setup to display your items.

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    This is unrelated but purewebdev, I really like your different graphics on each of your categories
    thanks, I'm trying. I want it to look like the type of place that I would shop from.

I'm looking at Amazon associates as an opportunity not to sell one or two things on my main site, but as an opportunity for me to get into e-commerce. When you look at amazon as just a little add-on thing to your site, then that's how everyone else sees it, and no one will take that seriously.

PuReWebDev
    ***edited out sig***

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    (edited out manual signature - signatures come with participation and you'll get there : )
    Don't edit my signature unless it's too many links. One signature link is the cost of my posting. You get free content, I get one backlink, its only fair for my participation. Each post I make is participation, not when you feel I've reached x amount of posts. I'm not spamming here anyways, view my past posts and you'll see that.
    Last edited by Trust; September 9th, 2006 at 04:38 PM.

Talking
    Has anyone ever seen a guy earning a fortune from Amazon affiliate marketing? If yes, then I would be happy to pay him to become my tutor.

What do you consider a fortune inter14? $5k/mo, $10K, $50k? I would think there are a lot of people making that $ and more with Amazon, they have a lot of products, in almost every niche, and their commissions are decent (if you can make it to the high tiers)

i just wish their product recommendation tool can offer more
    customization like custom keyword phases, bigger font size, font color, bigger image, remove branding logo etc

Though building a site with the idea of using Amazon to monetize it is great, I always try to see if there are other products/aff programs that will complement the site and Amazon adds as well. The Amazon way is putting all your eggs in one basket type thinking, which isn't usually best.

Integrating products into your own real content is the key. It's a balance between a site that simply dumps the Amazon feed, like zillions of others, and a site that is a blog about left-handed piano tuners that features the one book (I'm guessing here) on the subject. Pick a niche that you know something about, write up a bunch of good content pages that will make the search engines happy, and integrate on each page products that make sense as natural purchases for people who view that page.

I'm very new to this, but I'm currently redoing my website and decided to use Associate-o-Matic. I read a lot about AStores, and did some PPC with Amazon direct links. I found the AStore too limiting and I couldn't make it look like part of my site. (primarily articles and information).
    Associate-o-Matic so far has been pretty cool. Easy to setup, and the questions I've emailed support have been answered quickly. It's too soon to tell how it will work and I have a long road ahead of me - but I got the basic store up in less than 3 hours. They provide the flexibility to populate from searches in categories or specify particular ASINs in your categories, which is what I'm doing because my site is targeted to people with extremely busy, hectic, lives. So I can choose exactly the products I want to display, but also give them a search bar that searches all of Amazon.
    Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the ease of setup so wanted to mention them.

I haven't heard of "Associate-o-Matic" but I'll see if there is any information the next time I log into Associates Central. I tend to shy away from "automatic links" as I have no control over the display -- but I always like to read about the latest gizmos Amazon offers webmasters.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I've had two different things sell with some regular consistancy and neither one required much on my part.

I have a topic site that's very specific and I have some content there that's useful to career employees in the industry as well as their customers. Amazon happened to have a training manual at about $125 which sells off a simple text link on that page.

There's another site which features clothing from a specific merchant. One item that seemed like a natural fit was missing from their line-up. Sure enough, Amazon had it, so I linked it up in all the available colors and I sell about 1 a week. Not huge, but if you multiply that in any way at all, you can see the potential. I was merely using them to fill a percieved hole in my offerings.

Useful info about the high value stuff. Incidentally, do you know if Amazon would credit you for a repeat sale from one of your referalls if they returned 6 weeks later. Or would that customer need to go back to amazon via your own links before you got the credit.
    thanks

they'd need to go back to your links again.

Amazon's cookies last only 24 hours.

...which, on second thought, just means (sorry to repeat a mantra) that you need the kind of content on your site that will bring the users back to you instead of going straight to Amazon.

Yeh thought so. thanks. Are you aware or any high value affiliate schemes which offer recurring revenues without the customers returning to my links.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast