l@rger_th@n_life
    external links on home page
    Hello,

Like most of the affiliates here, I just started making my first product related website. Will i get penalized by google if I am linking to the products on my home page. Will google say "why send searchers to his site if he is just has links to other sites on his main page?"

My site is blazer spot and it will have products from overture on the main page. I do not know any other way to make this site. Alot of people told me to write content about the site so it will give visitors a true "value added" but I am unable to think of any articles related to fashion.

Any input on what will happen to this in google will be greatly appreciated.

ABW Ambassador
    The problem is that a one page "site" is not a site, it's just a web page. I can't see possibilities for getting inbound links to just one page (unless you create them yourself), and without links you not only won't get far, but you're not providing value for users.

Definitely create content - there must be things to write about on the topic, or at least different types, different materials and colors or patterns, ways to accessorize (which increases the scope of a site) etc. - or compare different merchants. At the very least there can be several pages dedicated to different merchants, which is always a good idea, and then you can feature specials and sales from different stores.

Others may not agree, I'm sure some won't, and I may be wrong, but for the most part and for a few reasons (including search engine crawling) I personally don't care for putting affiliate links on the homepage of niche product sites, particularly product links and particularly on a new site.

l@rger_th@n_life
    Oh sorry, the site is not yet complete. I have atleast 5 other subsections of a site dedicated to other areas of mix and matching with blazers. I will try to stuff some content in there as I will be giving some techniques on how use a blazer properly and how you can acesorize.

I am just worried that people on the first page will feel mislead. I want them to know that this site is a collection of good deals on mens apparel. I just started to put the content together for the site and realized that I will have outbound links on the main page.

l@rger_th@n_life
    any other advice?

ABW Ambassador
    Well, the right navigation and the graphic on the left are both at the top, but the center section with the text has a big blank space above it and is placed under where the right nav and the graphic end, almost a full screen down. That's usng 1024 screen resolution, yours must be higher if you're not seeing it.

Also, the page title is way overdone. Get it down to about 8-9 words, include your main keyphrase (not single keyword) toward the beginning and the site name (not url) at the end if you want to include it for branding.

Hi BigDaddy - Cut the site down to 800 pixels wide. And get some content up fast. The search engines will show up quicker than you know and you need to have some pages in the blank links.

The more page you have the more money you will make. You will never make money with a single page unless you pay for traffic that is then redirected to the affiliate, its the way many people lose money fast.

I build sites that are over 1 million pages. Not that you need that many on one site, but you need as many as you can build.

You should try to add as little affiliate (external) links as possible on your homepage. Reason being, the homepage is supposed to draw visitors in. If you provide links for them to click OFF of your homepage, how will they see the rest of your site?

You make more money from people who keep coming back to your site....

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread