Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Free Starbucks Ice Coffee until Sept 30th
    Saw this on another forum

Here is a link

http://divi.wordpress.com/2006/08/26...s-iced-coffee/

I am not sure if this is legit as a lot of ppl have been able to get free coffee while some were denied. Some Starbucks employees did chime in, so i would say YMMV. Just sharing with the ABW family...

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Starbucks??? Eeeewwww
    They do a great job of marketing - no doubt in that category they are the Godzilla of the coffee industry - and I tip my hat to their marketing folks. But in the world of real coffee roasters, their coffee is at best substandard.

I own some coffee shops in Colorado, and have other acquaintenances in the industry also. None of us brew SB. We use more expensive beans that are fresh roasted to enhance the richness of the coffee. SB can't do that.

Because they are a mass producer supplying ten zillion SB shops world wide - they buy the cheapest beans possible. To compensate for the low quality and inconsistency of the beans they buy, they over roast them until they are basically burned.

They are almost black from over roasting. Properly roasted beans are a rich brown or dark brown with an oily shine. SB's are over roasted so badly that much of the oil is dried out of the beans, thereby sacrificing the rich flavor of the bean. The over roasting creates a bitter acidic after bite. Of course they cover some of that up with flavorings (Mochas, Machhiatto etc).

In addition, by the time the beans that went into your SB coffee are used to make your favorite SB drink, they are as much as 4 - 6 months old. Old beans cannot return the rich, fresh flavor of freshly roasted beans.

But hey, they are living proof that with the right branding and marketing - people will flock to a logo and way of life, even if it is a substandard product!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I would drink to good marketing..
    they have been doing a promo about how well they treat their rosters and their associates and the public likes it...

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    No debating that one -they are the best marketers in the biz!! Now if only they would make a quality coffee...
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread