Question Java Links won't work
    Hello I am new to this forum as well as building a website and affiliate programs. I just can't seem to get the CJ java script links to work on my site ( I am using yahoo site builder). I did read through whats posted here and have contacted CJ about this. I am not having a problem getting the link - just making it work. Does anyone know why they do not want to work?

Also secondary question, any recommedations for search optimizer service?

Thanks,
    Haven2moon

ABW Ambassador
    Use the html links instead, they're not going away.

So use the "legacy" html links?

RE: search optomizer - I have had good luck using the Google and Yahoo 'site map submissions/ sitelist submissions' directly to them

Charles

Thanks charles. We were thinking about cutting on time from manually submitting to different search engines and using a company called site ranker but had trouble placing our order and no one ever answered the companies phone or responded to our email.

ABW Ambassador
    "So use the "legacy" html links?"

Yeah, Wednesday will be easier to get them.

"Thanks charles. We were thinking about cutting on time from manually submitting to different search engines and using a company called site ranker but had trouble placing our order and no one ever answered the companies phone or responded to our email."

Stop, don't waste your money. Just get some links into your site, that's it.

Why will it be easier on Wednesday?

ABW Ambassador
    There's a message about it when you login.

"Upcoming Changes in Getting Links
    On August 30, 2006 publishers will notice changes in getting links in the CJ Account Manager™. This change will make it easier for publishers to choose either HTML or JavaScript links. To reiterate there are no plans to remove support for HTML links."

Ah ha! I see. Well thanks for the info. I had heard from others that the smart zones links worked but this is the route we wanted to take.

About the search engine optimization, if you dont get some submissions to a few major search engines will it generate enough traffic?

ABW Ambassador
    As far as the SE's, you really have about 4 that will send you any kind of traffic: Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask.com. And they'll find and index your site by following links. Links will not only help in the indexing but the ranking.

Ok so how do you go about getting your site to come up in the searches for yahoo, google, msn & ask? Can you submit for free or does each of these charge seperate fees?

(google made it sound as if you had to pay monthly & also per click)

We don't want to waste money, but we also do need traffic.

So if we show up as result of 500 on the list no one will probably ever see it or come to our site.

ABW Ambassador
    "Ok so how do you go about getting your site to come up in the searches for yahoo, google, msn & ask? Can you submit for free or does each of these charge seperate fees?"

You need to get links into your site. You can submit for free at those 4 but if you want to rank, you're going to need links. Most people get their sites indexed by just getting some inbound links.

As far as Google and paying, you must be talking about Adwords, which is PPC/Sponsored Search, those are the paid ads that show at the very top and to the right.

So how would we go about getting inbound links? Like find outher sites to put our link on?

Sorry if I sound so dense, but we both work full time and have been working at getting this up and going on our down time. At this point I am going into brain-fry mode.

ABW Ambassador
    "So how would we go about getting inbound links? Like find outher sites to put our link on?"

Yep, try to get other sites to link to yours. There are a few ways to do this, link exchanges, other sites just linking to your site naturally, you already have a site that's indexed and can put up a link, buying links etc. You'll have to research the various methods and see which ones are best for you.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. May have more ?s later.

also if you using firefox JS text not clickable

So how would we go about getting inbound links? Like find other sites to put our link on?.
    There are free (and paid) directories you can submit your site to, which will give your site enough incoming links to get indexed by the search engines. (But just being indexed and ranking well are 2 different things of course!)

As TN1 said, submitting your site directly to the SE's is pretty useless.

where can I find such free directories? (As a place to start)

google 'original seo friendly directory list'

1st result

try search in google ...

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2moon
    Hello I am new to this forum as well as building a website and affiliate programs. I just can't seem to get the CJ java script links to work on my site ( I am using yahoo site builder). I did read through whats posted here and have contacted CJ about this. I am not having a problem getting the link - just making it work. Does anyone know why they do not want to work?

Also secondary question, any recommedations for search optimizer service?

Thanks,
    Haven2moon
    please ignore this if it is not relevant, but some have a problem because they are trying to see the link as part of a file on their own computer instead of posting it to their site on the Web before looking at it.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread