Multiple Sites
    For those of you who have multiple sites that you need to process CC under how do you do it?

I was thinking that I'll need to perhaps form one LLC and then almost do a DBA for each business. Then just get one Merchant account and somehoe let people know that "XYZ Company" will show up on thier CC information..

Anyone have any other ideas??

Oh, as a secondary question.. I'm thinking of going Authorize.net for my merchant account. Do people have good/horror stories or can you recomment a good reseller of them?

Thanks,
    Tony
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://www.tastelessandtacky.com]Tasteless and Tacky Gear[/URL][/SIZE]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm thinking of going Authorize.net for my merchant account. Do people have good/horror stories or can you recommend a good reseller of them?
    Authorize.net has worked great for me! No problems on their end.

As for a reseller, I'd say that the closer you can get to a real bank (NOT just a place your bank is an affiliate of) the better.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    hotspice,

You may want to invest a few bucks (less than $200) in talking with a CPA about the different ways to do this. I say this because one business can pay another and there are serious tax loopholes involved. Just a thought since you will already have multiple sites.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    As for a reseller, I'd say that the closer you can get to a real bank (NOT just a place your bank is an affiliate of) the better.
    So using places like e-onlinedata might cost me more than using my bank? I'd actually never even thought about my bank because I like the virtual terminal services for when I'm on the road.

I'll see what my bank has.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    hotspice,
    You may want to invest a few bucks (less than $200) in talking with a CPA about the different ways to do this. I say this because one business can pay another and there are serious tax loopholes involved. Just a thought since you will already have multiple sites.
    I plan on talking with the CPA that does my taxes for me.. He's very resourceful when it comes to small businesses but isn't very savy when it comes to web businesses. He's more accustomed to Company XYZ only having one focus in life. I don't think he get much, company PDQ wants to sell pet products, exercise equipment, and ink/toner
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://www.tastelessandtacky.com]Tasteless and Tacky Gear[/URL][/SIZE]

What you may want to consider before going to a bank is a few things about this industry. Research your options before deciding on price alone. Make sure you're investing in a solution that best works with your specific needs.

Lets look at payment gateways. The top ones being Verisign, Authnet, and EZIC.

Each have different pricing structures and each have unique features. Compare them and choose which has the features you need. I do know as a fact that the EZIC gateway has multi site features that you can use a single merchant account for as long as the business are similar. You can't have an adult site and one that sells baby cothes. It is a question of risk.

Then lets tackle the merchant services topic. eonlinedata is a good company that understands processing on the internet. They however outsource their payment gateway through an affiliate relationship similar to what you all do here. They also don't offer inhouse support on the gateway. Look for a MS provider that will assist you in finding the best solution for you and that offers an integrated support network in house. Your local bank while still maybe 5 years behind the times generally know didlysquat about internet processing and affiliate programs and will most likely take a long time to set up and then eventually decline you. They are good for solid brick and motar businesses.

You may find paying a few extra pennies for your gateway and the going discount rate for low risk processing now at 2.29-2.39% well worth it if you have a good partner for processing. High risk accounts run between 2.79-3.59% and may need a reserve.

Everybodys grandmother and neighborhood dog seems to be selling merchant services these days, so finding a reputable one can be a frustrating process if you don't know what to ask for. Remember they just want to sell you an account and make some money. Find one that is willing to partner with you and help you build your business and understands your world.

Anna

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    \
    Excellent point. Avoid resellers. Go directly to the source / processor.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Excellent point. Avoid resellers. Go directly to the source / processor.
    I agree, find a processor who knows and understands your industry and can provide the products and programs that are tailored to your specifics needs. Don't base your decision on price alone sometimes its worth more to pay a little more for quality. In the end being set up properly can save thousands in the end.

Anna

If all the sites are selling the same products, you may be able to open just 1 merchant account for all of them. Each will need to be set-up with a terminal ID through the API, but it can be done. You definitely will need to be setup by a pro who knows the process's ins and outs so to make sure you can get good prices and such.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread