CJ and adwords
    I'm new to affiliate marketing. I have a pretty basic question. Can I buy adwords and have the link point directly to the merchants website with my affiliate ID or do I have to have it go to my site first then send the users to the affiliate website.

ABW Ambassador
    It depends on the merchant. Click on the Keyword Link for the merchant you want to direct to which should answer your question. Some don't address it there, though. If they don't, read the merchant's T&C. The bottom line is that it differs from merchant to merchant.

Perfect
    Great thanks. I'll look into that. And thanks for the quick answer.

Quote Originally Posted by sbgulfcoast
    I'm new to affiliate marketing. I have a pretty basic question. Can I buy adwords and have the link point directly to the merchants website with my affiliate ID or do I have to have it go to my site first then send the users to the affiliate website.
    In my limited, but sometimes successful experience, I believe having a landing page is better. You may be able to link directly, but sometimes you have to have a real web page before you can sign up witha merchant. After you get approved, then you can use the clickthru. The problem is that AdWords, at least this is what Google told me, will only show one affiliate link per search.

In my adwords experience, this means very low, read zero, impressions. This changes if you have a landing page because you are no longer linking to the merchant, but your website. You get lots more impressions (but I'd still be very precise on keywords).

I originally didn't want to build webpages either and I do it for a living sometimes. But, alas, I had to, and I am better off for it. It may even give them a reason to come back to my site...but I'm still working on that part. That's the hardest part of all. Why would they come back to my site once they go to the Merchant? Again, though, still working on it.

Hope this helps.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread