Question Expect a Sale Each Night?
    Should I expect a sale each night with precise keywords?

I have, for example,

xyz shoes
    great shoes and blah
    free shipping
    www.mysite.com

for my keywords I have:

xyz shoes

The ad is accurate. The Shipping really is free, very precise keyword, landing page is right, and so on.

I only get a few clicks on each brand, though I have a few. I get about 22 - 42 clicks a night, 6 - 12 dollars a night, m-f, all day sat.. I run the ads about 4.5 hours a night, 7:30 - midnight.

Some nights I sell a shoe. Some nights I sell none. Some nights I sell two or three. I know some are going to adsense, so I sometimes get up to half my money back.

Is it unrealistic to think that I should sell something every single night with the setup described above? I only have a few clicks compared to millions out there, but they are pretty precise. Just wondered. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    "I get about 22 - 42 clicks a night"

"Some nights I sell a shoe. Some nights I sell none. Some nights I sell two or three."

Seems about right for the amount of clicks. I wouldn't expect a sale each night, I might expect to average that over time. Like you said, some nights you'll sell 0, other nights maybe a few.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "I get about 22 - 42 clicks a night"

"Some nights I sell a shoe. Some nights I sell none. Some nights I sell two or three."

Seems about right for the amount of clicks. I wouldn't expect a sale each night, I might expect to average that over time. Like you said, some nights you'll sell 0, other nights maybe a few.
    Thanks. It's just so discouraging after seeing a big night to going to a zero night - for several days - to normal, to bigger, etc. And I hate to see money go down the drain (but I know they may come back to the merchant..cookies are good.) One day I think I'm doing it right. Next night I cannot figure out what I've done wrong. Sigh.

I guess this is what they call "business experience." sort of anyway... Normal? For a newbie?

ABW Ambassador
    Normal for anybody. You have to remember with 22 - 42 clicks you're going to have the kind of variation. With that amount it's better to look at the numbers over a longer period of time and get an overall look at how you're doing/converting.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I agree with Trust. The less clicks there are, the spikier things are. It's just normal.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Oh heck - don't let it get ya down JW. To accurately assess the results you have to look at long term performance. If you look at it with a day to day (hand to mouth) mindset, you are in for a roller coaster ride almost daily.

I look at performance per 1,000 clicks with minor tweaks sometimes in between. Then I look at weekly, monthly and quarterly results. On a given day for example, you may get 1 click and one sale, and on another day you may get 40 clicks and 1 or no sales. But perhaps for the week it had 300 clicks and 18 sales! If you judge performance on a day to day basis you will be happy some days and very low on many others - so keep your eye on the long term results and don't over pressure yourself or your campaign.

Cheers
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread