ABW Ambassador
    Fairly new CJ merchant VisionDirect states in their welcome e-mail:
    quote:

Please note that all transactions will be extended for 30 days to allow for returns and cancellations.

Sounds like ebay.

Not sure if this is a bad sign, or what?

Seems like contact lenses wouldn't be a large return item (??)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Does anyone in the eyewear merchant group actually convert for the expense of promoting them. I added 3 new ones last month and the 2 that showed a few sales reversed them all. Guess I'll have to try Backcountry Store for sunglasses and change out the others to sunglasses2000 who show low reversals. Their seems to be a bunch of them all sucky.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    I understand that there can be cash flow issues (for the affiliate) with merchants that regularly extend, but has anyone ever seen a significant difference in reversals between those who extend and those who don't?

I have a goodly number of merchants who regularly extend and I haven't seen any correlation between extensions and reversals. So, from my perspective, extensions aren't a big deal.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

ABW Ambassador
    Well I'm involved at Vision Direct..in house program, and have been very happy. They pay at a timely manner.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

15 years and counting
    quote:
    I have a goodly number of merchants who regularly extend and I haven't seen any correlation between extensions and reversals. So, from my perspective, extensions aren't a big deal.

I agree 100%. I've a very low reversal rate with all of them. I don't like it because it's harder to follow but they don't reverse commissions. A few invalid CC but never "others"

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Coool. So it could be nothing to worry about. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    Fairly new CJ merchant VisionDirect states in their welcome e-mail:
    quote:

Please note that all transactions will be extended for 30 days to allow for returns and cancellations.

this was the same line of BS that mailshell gave me when I questioned their lack of performance after sending thousands of click thrus and zero conversions.

30 days later they were out of CJ for non-payment.

No way I'd trust such a statement ever again.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

Well, similar to Cedric I have some merchants who routinely extend but perform fine otherwise. It still ends up being a steady cash flow, since every month there are sales.

Other merchants extend and do reverse a lot later. Just worth keeping an eye on.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

ABW Ambassador
    My advice is to not get involved with a merchant that will put you out 60 days -- at least not when you are starting out, or smaller still. Once you have a good affiliate base, then you can afford this type of partner, and even then it can be frustrating.

I dunno, it just doesn't bother me. I built a whole site around one merchant who typically extends as a way to help out some friends. The check gets cut to them. They never see the extensions (and very few reversals with that merchant, which was why I decided to go with them), they just see the checks.

In the end, a full bag of tricks will end up including some merchants who extend, as long as they do well in all other ways. Just my $.02US.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't mind extensions at all . . . it's like money in the bank. You know the sale is made. Just be happy they're not reversed for any number of (made up) reasons.

It might bite to have to keep tabs on the money, like keeping two sets of books, but, after you've waited the initial 30 days, the problem really is non-existent as the money should be there.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread