The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Some days, this business is... er... comical
    A merchant left CJ this month, and went to Performics (or maybe they also had a performics program/don't know)

So I joined the Performics program NINE days ago.

Got this today:

Dear Affiliate,

XXX has reviewed your Performics account and its performance since the start of this year. We have noticed there are no sales activity to-date. I would like to work with you closer in making sure you have the latest offers and most current creative and links. Also, we should look at making sure the the offers we put on your site is appropriate for that audience. If you are interested, please respond to this email before September 15th, otherwise we will deactivate your account with us.
    Nine days after joining, and I'm already getting threatening emails about deactivating me!!

Sometimes I wonder if AMs consider us partners - or... "the enemy"

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Sometimes I wonder if AMs consider us partners - or... "the enemy"
    I don't think AMs consider us an enemy, but rather a combo of a show dog and hound: when affiliates jump through the hoops and do tricks they are [considered to be] show dogs, but there are times when AMs just kick affiliates around [like a hound] -- the worst is when affiliates are supposed to roll over and "play dead."
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Will they ever learn.

That sounds like a programming or design error to me. Whatever was used to pull the emails for this notice should have considered the start date of the affiliate.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    That sounds like a programming or design error to me. Whatever was used to pull the emails for this notice should have considered the start date of the affiliate.

- Scott
    I've received similar notices from Performics merchants such as this one:

We regret to inform you that XYZ has decided to deactivate your relationship and you are being removed from the affiliate program.

In an effort to better manage their brand and creative messaging, XYZ has decided to reduce the number of affiliates in their program in order to best leverage their brand and creative messaging. As part of the initiative, XYZ hopes to more closely align themselves with a small group of publishers that best reflect the essence of the brand and directly reach their target consumer..."
    I don't think that XYZ was very good at targetting the "target consumer" because XYZ didn't supply me with any individual specific product (with picture) links -- that caused a delay in my promotion of XYZ.

I finally was going to use one of XYZ's780 x 173 banners in a new layout I was working on, but then I received the above "drop dead notice" so I scrapped the work I was in the middle of completing.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Whatever was used to pull the emails for this notice should have considered the start date of the affiliate.
    THAT'S what makes it comical

There were about 2 dozen emails between me and the AM before I joined (she's actually very nice) - showing her my sites and how I'd promote her

I go away for a few days - and come back to a deactivation threat.

"Comical"

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    A merchant left CJ this month, and went to Performics (or maybe they also had a performics program/don't know)

So I joined the Performics program NINE days ago.

Nine days after joining, and I'm already getting threatening emails about deactivating me!!
    I got the same email. Wrote back and told the AM that I couldn't be sweating sending sales to every merchant all year long when their stuff is basically seasonal and if they were going to deactivate my account, to please let me know so I could pull dead and non-commissionable links before making my visitors crazy. Got an apology ... of sorts. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    That is ridiculous. Some of our TOP affiliates were practically inactive their first few weeks. If I deactivated everyone after nine days with no sales, I think we might even be out of business.

And to think you don't operate your entire day around that particular merchant?
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Internet Cowboy
    I recently got one from a LS acct mgr telling me they "routinely remove inactive affiliates". I applied for that particular program six months ago and was approved last week....lol then they send me a "hurry up" email with a backdoor threat to remove me.

It is a big box retailer, won't name them, rhymes with BARGET!!!

I get dumped, or 'not approved' by linkshare merchants far more often than the other networks. I guess they are very selective.

Scooter, what is this Barget you speak of?

Are the similar to Ball-Mart?
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Wow I have been in this business for only 4 months some of the merchants I originally signed up with still haven't recieved a click (except some of my test clicks just to "make sure") I am glad many of them are still giving me some time to figure this out.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Scooter Hurried Up??
    One thing I've learned this past few weeks that is indelibly etched in my brain, especially after your presentation in Chicago Scooter is NOT to dump affiliates!!!

So for any affiliates who want to know what our "dump" policy is, we do NOT reject affiliates for inactivity.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    eerily similar to my recent post about getting dumped after 12 days for inactivity, but must admit... your 9 days trumps my 12. :-)

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77435

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Almost all merchants who dump/don't approve me are Cursed.

I figure, they have a death wish, I might as well help it come true

Note to self...

Don't dump or disapprove of Leader.

Death wishes are not my cup of tea
    Matt McWilliams

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread