Are your sales down?
    Most of my sites are gift related. My sales are horrible. I'm hoping it is just people not spending on extras due to high gas prices, back to school expenses etc.

Is it just me?

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hmmm...well the consumer confidence report came out today, here's a snippet from the Wall Street Journal...but I was also chatting with someone yesterday, and thought, maybe...just maybe, shoppers are holding out for Labor Day sales??

Consumer Confidence Tumbles

By MICHAEL S. DERBY
    August 29, 2006 3:34 p.m.

NEW YORK -- Consumer confidence suffered a major blow in August amid rising anxiety over the state of the economy, and fell to its lowest level since last fall.

The Conference Board, a private research group, reported Tuesday that its index of consumer confidence for August fell to 99.6, from a revised 107.0 in July. August's reading was the lowest since the 98.3 seen in November, and it was well under the 102.5 reading predicted by economists.

"Consumer confidence lost significant ground in August," said Lynn Franco, who leads the group's Consumer Research Center. "Less favorable business conditions coupled with a less favorable job scenario have resulted in the largest one-month decline in confidence since Hurricane Katrina last year," she said.

The Conference Board's report comes at a time of mounting signs of an economic slowdown. Housing data have cooled markedly, while overall growth statistics also have moderated. The environment is such that the Federal Reserve felt, even in the face of elevated inflation readings, it had the room to hold interest rates steady when it meet earlier in August.

While lower confidence levels aren't by themselves a surprise, "the sharp drop is disconcerting" and August's reading "is not something that you can cavalierly dismiss," said Kathleen Stephansen, economist with Credit Suisse. "Between the labor market, the high energy prices from gasoline, and the inflation expectations having moved up, this [report] weighs on the outlook for the consumer," she said.

RBS Greenwich chief economist Stephen Stanley noted that at the time the survey was conducted, in addition to the energy related factors, there was "a war in the Middle East, and a terrorist plot to blow up trans-Atlantic flights. Is it any wonder that attitudes were sour?"

I think this makes me feel better :-) Not for the bad times but to confirm people just are not buying gifts.

Thanks for the info!

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    If it makes you feel better, you are more than welcome to buy me a gift!!!

Ha Ha....I am one of those paying the high gas prices. I can make you a paper doll (out of something recycled of course).

ABW Ambassador
    This week is very slow for me, the 2 weeks before were recorded breaking weeks with SAS.

Just keep adding those links, the holidays are just around the corner. Hope things pickup for you soon porkchop.

The 26th of August was a happy "locked date" for two female cousins:

One was able to get a groom to be "locked" -- he [very] willingly said, "I do."

The other female cousin past through the clearance of a [first] "locked date" with SAS
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Internet Cowboy
    It's an up and down time of year.

WE NEED SNOW up north
    Let's all says it...WE WANT SNOW...WE WANT SNOW....
    We need the winter season to start so we can get the buying cycle started for Fall apparel and footwear.
    $29 sandals turn in to $199 boots...I love it!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Sales
    I'm happy to say that our sales have been pretty good all summer, but are climbing even more the past two weeks. Our products are not as vulnerable to seasonal ups and downs (no pun intended) but with school back in session, the vacations are over and folks are on their computers more.

It will be getting dark and cold soon in many areas - so even more people will spend more time online. That should be a positive for everyone!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread