Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Robin Hood Hits The Hills
    I leave this Saturday for a week of archery elk hunting north of Steamboat Springs, CO with my younger brother Mark. It's a beautiful area with scenic rivers, lakes, mountains filled with aspen trees (they will be starting to change colors in the next week or so) and star lit skies so brightly dotted at night that the stars almost look like they touch!! Ahhhhhh.......

Got my horses ready for the trip, now all I have to do is get ME ready. I'm looking really forward to this trip. We have a great tent camper (heated of course) and the area in which we camp is a true paradise. My brother and I always enjoy the evening dinner and a campfire - spend hours talking about everything two friends can imagine. Crackling fires are mesmerizing and the smell of high mountain pines and wild flowers can only be created by a greater source!!

Three days to go an counting......
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Horse, rivers, and mountains -- Alan you are so adept at painting a virtual paradise that I would follow after you and join you *except* for the fact that I know you have a loving wife

If she is accompanying you, I hope you all have a good time.

If your wife is not accompanying you, praise her for the slack she gives you -- it's great to be in a relationship where you both trust eachother yet distance never interferes with your mutual love.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Why Thank You
    That is very kind of you to say Rhia. After nearly 36 years of building our relationship, we have learned that we have common interests and we have uncommon interests.

We enjoy our together time and we enjoy our private time. Ellie is not much on hunting in the high mountains - so she is having book club here one night, her tennis team over another nite and then dinner and a movie with our two daughter in laws one night. Thank you for referring to her as a loving wife also - because for me she is the best decision I have made in life!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    That is very kind of you to say Rhia. After nearly 36 years of building our relationship, we have learned that we have common interests and we have uncommon interests.

We enjoy our together time and we enjoy our private time. Ellie is not much on hunting in the high mountains - so she is having book club here one night, her tennis team over another nite and then dinner and a movie with our two daughter in laws one night. Thank you for referring to her as a loving wife also - because for me she is the best decision I have made in life!!
    I am happy you are happy and I will always carry on my forum conversations with you as they have been

I think that it's great that you two have common interests and separate interests -- I am sure that some time apart can at times enhance your time together
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

"It's a beautiful area with scenic rivers, lakes, mountains filled with aspen trees (they will be starting to change colors in the next week or so) and star lit skies so brightly dotted at night that the stars almost look like they touch!! Ahhhhhh......."

Now you’re adding blood, guts and humans! ARGGGGGG...

Calling Sierra Club 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call the Vegetarian Times magazine

Deer Meat is MURDER!

Save a Deer, Bag a Hunter

Bambi, Use the human call, "I've got a Coors, I've got a Coors" and we will circle them and steal their bows!

Oh this is just unheard of; I must get a hold of SaveBambi.org.

Oh sweet Jesus, please help!

Poopie Conservationist
    Protector of Bambi

Love grows where ever I go, but nothing grows where Bambi goes. And when the blood flows....

Ok, enough of that liberal tree hugging crap...

Well while Alan Hamel and his wife Suzanne Sommers are out squeezing deer with their thighs, I'm going to be making an inroad and start coming up with a scheme to get a percentage of everyone’s deer tags. I need to somehow get a parasite into that forest before they arrive....

I'll be back....

Anyone had a good Vinson BBQ lately?

Ok, go bag your deer and have fun.

Poopie da hunters friend.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Alan, The horses must be ready and psyched! Good for you. Sounds like a great tradition... it is also important to nourish your family with wild game that's free of all the nasty hormones and chemicals..

Although I am not a hunter (anymore), I have many friends who kindly fill our freezer with wild fish and game ..we take care of the veggies and herbs for good trades with them

Update us on this thread when you return..

Gary M

"Deer" Poopie
    Your crusade to preserve Bambi is safe!! I'm going ELK hunting. Now put down whatever that is that you're drinkin and get some rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    After nearly 36 years of building our relationship, we have learned that we have common interests and we have uncommon interests.
    That truly is a key to successful relationships. Some couples have too few shared interests and other couples think they need to do everything together, but the ones with a good balance do the best.

I know this is totally off topic, but I think it's worth sharing...

For those reading this who aren't in a relationship yet, there's really three compatibility areas that you need to consider separately. Although it's not essential that you be compatible in all three, it really helps. (And if you're in a relationship, understanding the difference can help.)

1. Core Beliefs. These should be as similar as possible. These would include things like your beliefs on religion, family size, parenting, money, etc.

2. Personality. These should be as complementary (i.e. different) as possible. If you're quiet and reserved, a more social person is a good complement. If you're analytical, a more emotional person is a good complement. Two people with identical personalities have to be very careful, as they often conflict and the "whole" is lacking in some areas. Opposites attract. Spend some time understanding the strengths of the personality opposite of yours.

3. Interests. These should be a good balance. There should be things you enjoy doing together and things you do apart. Doing some things apart is healthy for a relationship.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Partnership
    Michael,

Your post is very insightful - and surely applies. The quiet is offset by the outgoing. Separate interests & common interests balanced protect individuality, which should never be lost in a partnership.

Contemplators are complimented by more emotional partners. I'd add one other BIG element to a great relationship: "Stop Counting"

When couples stop counting who does what, who makes what, who said what, who is away more, who works harder, who is more thoughtful, who is more knowledgable, who has what, etc etc etc etc., life becomes easier and the partnership becomes more mutually supportive. You can only stop counting once you arrive at a true trust for one another. If you and your mate trust each other on every level, there is no need to count and no need to keep score. Then partnership life is a beautiful thing!!

Can't you get a camera instead?

Why this desire to conquer, dominate and kill the wild?

Many years ago I gave a slide show (in Antarctica) to a ship full of tourists - this was one guy who with every slide of an animal asked "what are they like to eat?" - I and my fellow research station residents were getting increasingly irritated with this <insert word of choice here>.

Eventually I thought I had nothing to lose (we had our own boat to get off the ship) so I said something along the lines of "We are here to record, to study and to celebrate the wildlife - not to consume them" - got a round of applause and the guy finally shut up.

Why do people need to kill the wild?

Have Fun!!!
    Except for the hunting part, it sound like paradise…hope you have lots of fun…enjoy your time!
    [B] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Jackie[/COLOR] :artist: [COLOR=Navy]7Reach[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Global Affiliate Marketing. New Markets = Opportunity![/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Blue]twitter.com/jackiepaz[/COLOR]

[I][COLOR=Teal]What you cannot enforce, Do not command. [B]~Sophocles~[/B][/COLOR][/I]

Thanks Filinet - we're planning on it. Thanks to you too Paul. I respect your opinion and your right to voice it.

Why this desire to conquer, dominate and kill the wild?
    I respect your opinion also Paul and I'm a camera person rather than a hunter. Not to spark any discussion or hijack the thread but some quick facts.

In the U.S. most of the wild wolf population has diminished or disappeared so elk and other large game have none or few natural predators. There has been overgrazing which has changed the way the forests evolve. Afew years back they released wolves back into Yellowstone and within a few years areas of the park that were declining were starting to come back and thrive because the wolves were thinning out the Elk population mostly.

Anyway there was a great documentary on the decline of large predators and the effect on our woodlands it's had.

Like in all aspects of life there are real hunters and then there a cranks that have little respect for much.

Thought I'd put that out there.

I soooo envy you Alan. Lucky fellow you are .
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

SuziGeek
    Very profound Suzi.

I am looking forward to the entire experience. The fires at night - the wonderful conversations my best outdoors buddy (my brother) and I have each evening. That evening cup of hot coffee to counter the crisp chill in the high mountain air.

The serenity. The scenery. The time to appreciate the surroundings without man made sounds. The sounds, the relaxation, the work. For those of us who live in the mountains and aren't much for city life - it is the way our time is best enjoyed. For others, I respect each of us for our chosen lifestyles and beliefs.

Best To All

I'm sooooo jealous right now. That, minus any hunting, sounds like my perfect vacation.

I wish you a wonderful time Alan. It sounds like you already know what a wonderful esperience it is.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Cloud 9
    Thanks Danay.

I appreciate your comments. I wish I could introduce others here to the mountain experience. There is nothing prettier in my eyes. But, I'm sure we all live in places that we feel the same way about. At least I hope so.

I'll pick a star in the night sky and smile at it for you.

Happy Trails To You
    Well Muchachos and Muchachas - it is 2:10 P.M. here in Colorado. Time to get supplies loaded up for the trip. A friend picked up the horses this morning and is meeting us tomorrow at our camp to deliver them.

Lots of camp set up work to do tomorrow - then a little relaxation, a great camp dinner, fireside conversation and then a good night's sleep!

I'll be back the 9th - in the meantime Zach and Jeremy will be around to answer any questions or get your AmeriTrustRx data feed set up at SaS.

Have a great next week!!

You got them going Alan. Good for you. I just luv hearing all the love for wildlife. ....Even if it is a bit squeamish IMHO.

These days we have the luxury to choose... It wasn't always so. And I think that's the whole point. Not to mention the Elkies are so delicious.

I'm green with envy and humbled in your more than sporting choices of hunt. (it aint easy with the bow folks:-))

Best of Luck, friend. I'm looking forward to a follow-up on your adventure.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Straight Arrow
    Thanks Danny! Knew from our brief discussion about the outdoors (with Carolyn at the jazz club) that you were a fellow appreciater of the great outdoors.

Thank you for the good wishes - hope to send you some frozen elkie when I return. To my new friend in Minnesota!!

Bye All - over and out!!
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; September 1st, 2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread