All,

Should we, also, have country specific affiliate forums (eg UK/Europe, OZ/Asia)?

Haiko

Haiko,

I think that would be a good idea...an India,
    Russia, China forum would be helpful in pointing us to honest affiliates in those countries.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Do those countries/people have enough in common besides affiliate marketing that it would make an "alive" seperate community?

It sounds like it'd be a lot of work to get enough members of each geographically-specific forum to bring vibrancy to them. 3 or 4 Aussies (for instance) in a seperate forum would probably get boring for them pretty quick...

Don't think so, marketing is marketing whatever part of the world you're in or language you speak.

Besides I think everyone here is targeting the USA market.

nO >..

I agree with Leader.
    And very much so with mousejockey.

Anyways, I'm sure there ain't enuf people there to fill in an India or China forum.
    Max 20-500
    And just 0-5 active.

ABW Ambassador
    Nah Nah !

There would be hardly 4-5 from india perhaps...4-5 from Oz and then maybe few from Russia ( MR SWAT) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well no lonely planet please :eek:

Regards
    TGO

I don't see the point in it. The only one that might fly would be a UK forum and that's because there are a fair number of UK affiliate programs.

There are 900+ MILLION people in India.

There are 1.7+ BILLION people in China.

Duh...these people do not just exist on thin air...they buy anbd sell stuff just like us dumb Americans.

Having access to their markets can drastically increase ones income. So they should have a slot on ABW.

ABW Ambassador
    Professor your almost right about the statistics..However, There are very few affiliate marketers in these parts of the world...

Over 95% of it won't even know how to make money on the net...that atleast is the case in India....

So if this was a general sort of forum, then it would be a great add-on...

But in our business, that would go a flop house.

Regards
    TGO

Tgo,

But there will be...and you can make a ton of money teaching them how to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Professor:
    Tgo,

But there will be...and you can make a ton of money teaching them how to do it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, Its time indians started learning how to make money on the net
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Haikster,

Most Indian Internet marketers in ABW are those who have recognized the USA market as the place to sell. that's why they are internet marketers

Atleast I and the other 2 indians actively posting here are targeting the USA market and probably are making money out of it.

We do have local plans too, but they do not work on the internet. India is the world's biggest software exporter and just that. Here, they consider the internet as a medium for information and fun, the idea of the internet as a marketplace is nonexistent here and the situation will remain such for atleast another 5 years, the only way to sell in india is to promote yourself offline, even if you have internet-based businesses.

A general message board for targeting the USA market and selling to them, learning the ways and discuss them was the idea of ABW, let it remain the same.

I consider the Internet as a borderless world. why divide our community with borders that have divided the "other world".

ABW is great as it is.

Regards,
    Pranav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There are 900+ MILLION people in India.
    There are 1.7+ BILLION people in China.

Duh...these people
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true Fred but this doesn't change the fact that China is a communist controlled society with little or no communication with the rest of the world and that of the 900 million indians only three are here at abw.

We'd have a forum with three people in it.

We can try things but most of this is out of our control. The first person to make progress will be very wealthy but who has those kinds of resources?

[ 05-11-2002: Message edited by: Heyder ]

FYI, India's population count shows 1.00 billion, not 900 million.

ABW Ambassador
    IG - If you want to be so precise dude...India has crossed the 1.07 billion mark.... :eek:

How would the Indians rule the world ?
    Ans. I was wondering of this from centuries ago...But I finally got the answer.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    With the next decade there would be so many indians in the world...that they exhaust everyother person's resources on earth....Oh What a fantasy ?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Regards
    TGO

That's scary stuff!

Dang Kama Sutra [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Regards
    TGO

China is not as 'communist' as you think. And there are barriers to the west for a reason. But they can be overcome.

Pranav and TGO are missing the point.

India's people use the net for FUN and communication. But IF they could knew how to use it to make money, they would.

And the logistics are not overly difficult.

First, build a network of as many Indian's as you can.

Second, start communicating with them by informing them of things they don't know.

Third, make it possible for members to make money just from expanding the network.

Fourth, give them access to the world economy thru a debit card and bank account.

Fifth, build brick and mortar shops where members can go buy stuff and members can go sell stuff. An eBay like deal with many small 'franchised' stores all over India.

Sixth, use the net to advertise the stores and products to the network.

Seventh, ask the network what they want to buy and then proovide it for them in your stores.

All you need is a server, a few simple webpages, affiliate software and UPS or something like them and a few smarts.

If you have some seed money even better, but you don't need much.

Get 1 million members at $5 per year for the company and $5 to pay members for telling others.

Once you get past say 50,000 the thing grows by itself.

You could do it in America...I'm working on it...but I need to fix the legal stuff first.

Will it work...hell yes...worked great 'til we got stiffed by Snare and BeScrewed and a ton of their merchants.

My mistake was not making the members pay $5 or so to join, so we wouldn't be dependent on the advertisers. How many would have joined - well maybe not the 250,000 who did, but at least half of that if they got say $2 for each new member on level 1 and $1 on level 2 -they referred and we'd never would have missed a payment to members because we'd have had the money upfrong and not be at the mercy of slime like Snare and BeScrewed and their scum merchants.

We are talking $5 per year here. Now, I know most of you wouldn't join but then most of you are clueless about what a network is for - communication not sales. Sales are incidental back end ancillary stuff.

If Amazon would charge $5 to be a member and only sell to members they'd make 100 times what they make today.

eBay is the only one who did it more or less right. Think about it.

For once Fred is way ahead of the curve on this one. You can disagree with Fred and most of the time we do, but I have always looked at Fred as a visionary. One may argue that he is always looking for the easy way, thus some shady deals here and there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img], but IMHO a visionary never-the-less.

He is right about the Asia markets, don't cut him short. I feel that the USA will always be number one in Internet commerce, that is who we are. Someday, and let me say again, someday, because that is the problem, Asia will burst wide open. People like Fred can see it coming and they start to plan for it. It is called long term planning.

But... this really, in a way has nothing to do with Haiko's question, because that day hasn't come nor will for some time. So in the mean time, in the short term we all should stick together in one forum, that would be my long winded answer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 05-12-2002: Message edited by: Tribune ]

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread